JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've seen a bit of folks asking about fanny pack/crossbody and whatnot options of late. Myself included! This isn't a thread for the "Don't Carry Off Body" argument please! Just sharing a product I found that might interest those who may be seeking this route. In the video, I like the draw technique and others may find it interesting and useful. :)

FasTrax PAC™ Waistpack - Product Guide (youtube.com)

I've seen a bit of folks asking about fanny pack/crossbody and whatnot options of late. Myself included! This isn't a thread for the "Don't Carry Off Body" argument please! Just sharing a product I found that might interest those who may be seeking this route. In the video, I like the draw technique and others may find it interesting and useful. :)

FasTrax PAC™ Waistpack - Product Guide (youtube.com)
Did not remember ever seeing those but do like the idea.

I too went with a fanny pack as one of my carry options. However, my major problem was finding the right Goldilocks solution for a Compact sized firearm. Some were too small while others were too big.

I had decided that I did not want to just place the firearm loose in the pouch and many of the manufacturer velcro holder solutions were kind of a joke. So, after looking around a bit I ultimately chose the following fanny pack from LAPG Gear:

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-frunk-pack-w-holster.html

The inside of this fanny pack is big enough to fit my modifications and still hold a Compact sized firearm like a Glock 19 or smaller.

I modified it to actually hold a BladeTech holster. I took a piece of Kydex and on one side added Velcrow that would attach to the Velcrow inside the pouch. To the opposite side I attached a BladeTech TACTICAL MODULAR MOUNT SYSTEM (TMMS) receiver ( https://blade-tech.com/products/tmms ). This allows me to attach and/or remove any holster that has the TMMS insert attached to it. The benefit of doing all this is that the firearm is held securely in place and the weight of the firearm does not cause the front flap to fall open dropping the firearm to the floor. Additionally, with the regular holster the trigger is protected and the draw is familiar.
IMG_5567.jpg IMG_5569.jpg

I mainly use the fanny pack when on long car trips. It rests comfortably over the lap belt and is easily accessible where an appendix holster may not be.

On a separate note, the fanny pack I like to look at is at tightchutes.com. They have a small and large version of a CCW fanny pack. The video of the large pack makes me smile since it reminds me of Hermione's bag in the Harry Potter series - she can store everything in that thing:

Last Edited:
I need a waist pack with a gun shop door sensor……when a gun shop is detected, the door denial system deploys.
200.gif
DENIED!

Well, this one here has been nagging at me and always at the back of my mind. I've had a couple outings here in the last week when the weather was much warmer, and my attire was lighter. (t-shirt/shorts) Wind was slightly blowing and kept blowing my outer shirt up. I carry OWB anymore because of my spare tire and IWB has gotten uncomfortable and a pain for me. (Everyone's different so, I don't need the arguments! :rolleyes: ) Anyway, to make a long post short, I ordered it and will be giving The Galco Fastrax holster a try.

After a few days of practice with it, I'll do a review and let you all know my final verdict if you're interested. :s0155: ☕

Last Edited:
I got two of these free with my $38 5:11 select carry sling bags. Have never used them except to see if guns fit.

View: https://youtu.be/wOoOZq7uRYs?si=GKVLQTNEpO4F9gl1

You can also carry on chest:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/uOXIkkiYlcM?si=RaiJKp9hZurM8ON2

This is the select carry sling bag which I use all the time. The fanny pack is removable. Sling bag is so damn handy. Throw on seat for truck gun. Take it with you. 1 pull to pull from back to front and then deploy. Can carry my 10.5" .223 or 8.5" 300 BLK sbr with folding stock and any pcc but not my .308 pistol. The guy in video does it slow but you can deploy literally 10 times faster than that.

I thought it was a good deal at $38 for both and even though I posted here 3 times no one was interested. I should have bought more than 2 of them.

Last Edited:
Are there any purpose built CCW sling bag / fanny pack / off body carry systems that incorporate anti-slash steel cables into the straps?

Biggest danger with a sling bag is someone cuts the (one) strap and the bag is gone.

I have a bag made by PacSafe that I've used for non-firearm carry travel needs. Very comforting to be able to reduce the slash and grab threat while playing tourist. Great product -- too bad they don't make dedicated holster bags.

I do think some of their products might be adapted to CCW purposes, but it might require a little more imagination and effort than a purpose built holster system would offer.

Very city friendly designs.

PacSafe Website Link

In the woods I'm typically OWB, but if I'm hiking in popular areas or more heavily trafficked trails I wear a Hill People Kit Bag or my Sitka Waterfowl Sling Pack (which I use duck hunting) if I'm carrying anything more than my carry gun. I'm aware of the slower draw issues but both are really handy hiking and not obvious to most other hikers.

1717596431010.jpeg

Not critiquing your casual Salem shopper CC look. Your man satchel won't scream GUN as much, and you will blend-in better this month up here in Beautiful Portland with taking Pride in properly choosing a correct CC pack.

-
View attachment 1893755

-
Also, if you end up using it, can you imagine the news article. "Ultra conservative scruffy looking MAGA operative wearing a PRIDE fanny pack took out a large caliber, lung-blowing, 9mm fully-automatic heat seeking assault pistol and shot a poor, innocent, minority."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top