JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would not surprise me at all to see them go under, or at least give up on the range and move to a smaller location with just a gunshop. The owner jumped into the deep end of the pool without any solid plans, just a large fantasy of what might be. Didn't have any idea of who's who in the Portland FFL community and who's connected to who. Having that info though, it was pretty easy to see how much BS the owner was spewing at the start of all this.

Last Edited:
Well, give it a couple hours and you hear more info...

I've heard they had a employee meeting a week or two ago and laid everyone off, and were going to close the place. Then, a couple hours later had a second meeting and said they weren't going to lay everyone off, but were going to cut everyone's hours down to only working a day or two a week, and were planning on closing in a short while. I can't say whether any of that is true, but its the latest gossip.
I understand the rent on that location is close to $30k/mo. Obviously there isn't any way they are doing that amount of volume a month.

1715976855920.png

Well, give it a couple hours and you hear more info...

I've heard they had a employee meeting a week or two ago and laid everyone off, and were going to close the place. Then, a couple hours later had a second meeting and said they weren't going to lay everyone off, but were going to cut everyone's hours down to only working a day or two a week, and were planning on closing in a short while. I can't say whether any of that is true, but its the latest gossip.
I understand the rent on that location is close to $30k/mo. Obviously there isn't any way they are doing that amount of volume a month.
I wonder if that's what was going on when I called in and got a weird recording saying they weren't taking calls because they were temporarily closed.

I feel very conflicted here. From my conversation with Tyler about the gunsmithing work yesterday, it really didn't sound like they were worrying about closing their doors. They're offering to finish the gunsmithing work at their expense due to the inconvenience it has caused me. If they were really worried about it, you'd think they'd just want to say sorry and give the gun back. They can't exactly keep it or sell it if they close shop and then would be on the hook for returning a firearm they don't own.

Maybe there is some restructuring going on and trying to keep costs down while they finish the range. There is always hearsay in these types of situations. I need to look over my paperwork and see if there is clause in there about the membership fees if they don't open.

I wonder if that's what was going on when I called in and got a weird recording saying they weren't taking calls because they were temporarily closed.

I feel very conflicted here. From my conversation with Tyler about the gunsmithing work yesterday, it really didn't sound like they were worrying about closing their doors. They're offering to finish the gunsmithing work at their expense due to the inconvenience it has caused me. If they were really worried about it, you'd think they'd just want to say sorry and give the gun back. They can't exactly keep it or sell it if they close shop and then would be on the hook for returning a firearm they don't own.

Maybe there is some restructuring going on and trying to keep costs down while they finish the range. There is always hearsay in these types of situations. I need to look over my paperwork and see if there is clause in there about the membership fees if they don't open.
I'd collect my gun now vs trying to figure out how to get it back if things do end up going sideways. There have been more than a few instances here on the forum where members got screwed over and it was a nightmare to get there stuff back. My Spidey senses tell me it's not worth the risk.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top