JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm setup right now and running my bulk .223

22.2gr IMR 3031
55gr Hornady SP's
2.220"

Shoots good.

I loaded two different recipes of five rounds each for the 303 Savage I inherited. I then decided to fix the newly discovered tang crack before I shoot it.

50 rounds of 300 BKO
25 rounds of 110 grain Zmax with 15.5 grain N110
that I've determined to be pretty dependable and 25 rounds of 110 grain Zmax using H110 in variable charges of 5 each.. I'm still working upwards from 18 grain and downwards from 20 grains in .2 to .4 charge.
I prefer the N110 for accuracy but it does not meter well for me.. Every round has to be trickled in.
The H110 is super flawless metering. Set it and forget it..

View attachment 534845
nice, where you buying them?
currently working on loads for
110 sierra hp
180 wedge rainer
220 leatherhead
and 150 and 180 speer

IMG_1176.JPG

Gotta keep the SAA's fed... 45LC and 357mag

I cant see howbit would only take an 1.5 hours to cast 1000 bullets .,. I might have to employ you if you cast 357 ? Lol ... What press are you using and what do you use to cast?

I use 8 cavity mp molds and a Lyman mag 25 pot. I can empty the pot (20 lbs/140gr= 1,000 bullets) in about a hour if I only use one mold and a bit faster if I alternate between 2 molds. I coat with hi tec and bake while doing other garage work. I size on a star copy with a bullet feeder and can bang out over 2000 a hour. I have it down to a bit of a process but even still unless I liked doing it just for the sake of it that hour and a half of my time is worth more than the 50$ a thousand more that bullets from bayou would cost me.

I load on a Dillon xl650 with a bullet feeder and for fun today I set a stopwatch just over a hour and fifteen to load, mark, case gauge and box 800 rounds. I have a counter on the press and average a sustained 1300 rds per hour until I run out of primer tubes.

Even when I bought bullets I can still load quality 9mm for about 110 a thousand vs 200 for cheap factory ammunition so I can never understand when people say it's not worth the effort.I also never shot less than 800 rounds a month even through the obama error drought though there were a few times that it got hard to find bullets so I started casting.

I typically use N320 or N340 for 9mm but I recently inherited 2lbs of Power Pistol that I thought I'd try. Any experiance with it?

I checked my notes and ouldn't find any data on power pistol in 9mm, and can't remember using any, so I'm not much help there. Pretty good powder for me in .40, though.

Last Edited:
I did sort and store some 308 brass last night. Does that count?

Oh yeah it does.
I had some wet range brass in a bucket that's been in the car for a week so I attempted to pour it onto the big beach towel laying on my router table & 1/2 of it went on the floor!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Put on the knee pads & played pick up sticks (brass)... that counts to right?
:p:p:D

Uh, I picked up a bunch of pellets off of the garage floor and threw them in the lead pot for recycling.:rolleyes:
The cartridge boxes are full and I can't get any more in the various bullet drawers.:(
Come on sunshine!! I need to do some shooting. :D

Oh yeah it does.
I had some wet range brass in a bucket that's been in the car for a week so I attempted to pour it onto the big beach towel laying on my router table & 1/2 of it went on the floor!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Put on the knee pads & played pick up sticks (brass)... that counts to right?
:p:p:D
That counts double! :D

I'm suffering from post kitchen remodel in my garage and every time I clear my reloading bench the wife sees it as a clear spot to put more stuff. So I need help clearing my garage out...... I did pick up my brass at the range last week though..

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top