JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't forget to load up your pew pew clips with pug noses 'case ya gotta drop the shotty and there ain't a good fightin' rifle nearby when things get big mad.
I loaded my (cleaned and reassembled CZ 75) with RN bullets today, and my shotty (Remington Special Field 870) is to the right of my bed AND my Fighting Rifle is close at hand!

Something I keep seeing is distressed firearms finishes from the factory. Goes right up there by new jeans with holes in them. Especially from "custom" 1911 makers such as Ed Brown or Nighthawk. There's nothing quite like good, honest well earned finish wear on a nice gun. Having a gun that looks like it was drug though a gravel pit before being shipped off NIB is a whole different thing and I hate the trend.
I had suggested to someone they needed to take the wood of their AK pattern rifle and grind /kick it around in the driveway because it looked too nice. That might have just been what I wanted to do my AK though?

They all need to be cocked before firing the first round. Whether by racking the slide, cocking the hammer with your finger, or cocking the hammer with the trigger on a DA (leaving out the Hk p7 on purpose cuz it's an oddball but still needs to be cocked).
People throwing the word "Cocked" and "Cock" around so much. Sheesh. :s0131:

I had suggested to someone they needed to take the wood of their AK pattern rifle and grind /kick it around in the driveway because it looked too nice. That might have just been what I wanted to do my AK though?

People throwing the word "Cocked" and "Cock" around so much. Sheesh. :s0131:

1000002977.jpg

Not following ya here, bud. You've already cocked it when you chambered the first round. Why are you decocking a single action?
While carrying a 1911 with one in the pipe, hammer down, the hammer must be re-cocked (With your thumb) before it will fire, unlike the Browning Hi-power which only requires pulling the trigger.
There, fixed it. (So did Colt with the Hi-Power) :s0093:

Last Edited:
While carrying a 1911 with one in the pipe, hammer down, the hammer must be re-cocked (With your thumb) before it will fire, unlike the Browning Hi-power which only requires pulling the trigger.
Why are you carrying a 1911 in condition 2?

If you're carrying a 1911 I would lean towards loaded chamber, hammer back, safety on as it is fastest to get shots on target. If you're concerned about safety and aren't comfortable with that, go with an empty chamber - IMO it is easier and faster to rack the slide than to cock the hammer.

Mote point. :s0092:
I don't own any more 1911 style handguns. :s0023:

Just my two cents. I thought we were responding to: "What you do, or don't like about handguns"

I almost forgot. I don't like trigger, or magazine safeties either. :s0093:

My pet peeve is people, including dealers, listing .12 gauge, .20 gauge, .9mm, et cetera like it is some sort of special gun punctuation AND have no idea that a .45 is a .45" bore.

.556mm is somewhat forgivable, maybe it's just a typo, but when everything they do is something like, "this .12 gauge shotgun or a .556 rifle makes a real good home defense partner to a .9mm handgun" it's Palm Face City.

A .12 gauge shotgun would be a mighty big bore, and a .9mm would be a needle gun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top