JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like a waiting list (eta June) for a .25 cal. on most of the retail sites. I see they make a bullpup version (black plastic stock) as well.
Looks like Pyramydair has them now. They do look DAMN nice! Looks like they sell them with a plastic stock about a C note cheaper and for those who have the plastic even sell just the wood stock for them. If I was going to buy one of these that wood would probably be worth the extra too me just due to how nice it makes the little rifle look!

The Marauders are very quiet, can be modified and tinkered with. I recently got 2 for squirrel duty on a hazelnut farm 1 in .177 and 1 in .22. I think the older (used) ones are good looking. Mine came with a hand pump and I'm sticking with it. Takes me 5 mins or so of mild effort to refill after a shooting session, I don't let it get below 2,000 psi.

9BB1327A-DE89-4146-81EC-D4BFF80273DF.jpeg

The Marauders are very quiet, can be modified and tinkered with. I recently got 2 for squirrel duty on a hazelnut farm 1 in .177 and 1 in .22. I think the older (used) ones are good looking. Mine came with a hand pump and I'm sticking with it. Takes me 5 mins or so of mild effort to refill after a shooting session, I don't let it get below 2,000 psi.

View attachment 1415300
Looks like a NICE set up. I for some reason just really like wood furniture on these things.

For folks new to airguns, here's just a tiny sampling of the variety of airguns out there fyi. Piramyd air and airgun depot are 2 good places to browse cuz they have so many different ones.

Edgun

3C0BF3D9-EB52-4F11-AD95-C39C2966BB5A.jpeg
Edgun leishy 9mm

1C0AA207-CFB3-44C6-96E6-8F99937D8471.jpeg
Bigger calibers
21DF443B-EBB4-41DC-BFB9-5B19F347E464.jpeg
8E727A47-9D39-41D8-B3DD-97F1FE125773.jpeg
Others
A0CF472A-A074-4E9A-842E-F0E64EC88049.jpeg
771CE474-3783-4530-B02B-A3543CEEE953.png
153A36AE-8D94-4D6A-AB06-E7B43D974FE8.jpeg
862742EA-E188-4787-A558-5C4141AD9577.jpeg

Last Edited:
After looking around a bit....
I think I am going to give up on this idea.

Some good rifles and suggestions for sure...so thank you.

It's the rifles that are out there ...none of them in that price range ( $300 ) really look good to me.
As in actually how the rifle looks...
Not into synthetic stocks or plastic front sights.
Or the , for lack of a better word "futuristic" / Science Fiction rifle look.

The Diana 350 has the look I like...but beyond my budget.

Thank you for all the replies.
Andy
If you don't like synthetic, and are looking for that OLD school charm, there's always this…

IMG_0855.jpeg

;) :D

So while reading a different thread I saw a link which stated that it is legal to hunt grouse in Washington with a air rifle.
The caliber of the rifle needs to be .22 or .25 .

I have been wanting to get a air rifle for a bit now...but held off , since I couldn't hunt with it...now I can...:)

I also have been thinking of getting a break barrel spring piston air rifle....without breaking the bank.
Something in the $300 or less range would be nice...I ain't adverse to buying used...so what do I look for in that regard...?
Knowing that this is a very deep rabbit hole ...any suggestions for a simple air rifle to hunt grouse and other small game with ?
Thanks
Andy
I bought a Hatsan .22 air rifle and put a Bushnell 3x9 scope on it... for killing vermints. It is a springer. The best feature is an adjustable trigger. Pretty sure it was around $200. Not breaking the bank like a pneumatic rifle. Super accurate with the right pellets... simple round nose Ruger pellets. I forget how many grain those are tho.

Having owned many different break barrel, co2, and a couple pcp guns I would say go for pcp. Break barrels simply do not have the accuracy unless you are talking air arms or other very high end ones. pcp offers WAY more consistency Imo. I would venture that if you talk to experienced air gunners most will say they moved away from break barrels to pcp (that includes me ha ha).

Ideally get a good barrel such as lothar Walther choked barrel and find pellets it likes would be my suggestion. Often people find jsb exact or h&n field target/trophy (available in very slightly different diameters) to be what their gun likes.

Benjamin marauder can be found for $300 used pretty easily (I think there is one in nfa ads right now but may not still be there). A Walmart pump for around $58 is what I would do for air supply. Mine hasn't needed service despite used for many years. Issue with marauder rifle though is it is a big, heavy gun. I have pistol version of marauder with folding stock that I prefer for hunting. Have taken about 2000-2500 pests with it over the years. As a data point for pellets mine likes jsb exact jumbo heavy, field target trophy copper plated the best. I often find the heavier pellets for that caliber in dome shape work the best although mine likes h&n sniper light too.

If you check out renos pcp post in the airguns section there was a recommendation for hatsan flashpup at $400 so that may be an option. Field supply often has low prices or clearance or refurbs on hatsan airguns fwiw. I have no experience with hatsan but people seem to
Like them from what I can tell.

Also a YouTube channel I highly recommend for airgun hunting is tedsholdover. He has some review videos too but mostly shooting pigeons etc. most YouTube airgun reviews are not worth anything Imo as people are either too praiseworthy and not critical enough or simply not experienced enough. Gateway to airguns forum has some good advice also.

Almost forgot tko makes suppressors for many different airguns (I'm sure there are other makers out there) which to me are very valuable for hunting purposes. They can transform a loud gun into really quiet for low cost. Also suggest not going for overpowered guns. Even a well made gun at too high power will lose a lot of accuracy. Only the really high end guns can deliver accurately at high power Imo.

Funny I used to have a lothar Walther barreled .177 co2 pistol that people would say is underpowered for fox squirrels (about 5 fpe as I recall?). That's because they are used to taking body shots to get a decent hit. That little thing was so accurate you could put it in the ear hole or soft pallet behind chin every single time. Accuracy is everything when it comes to airguns imo. And it's not that hard to get an accurate .22 or .25 with more than enough power without getting into the overpowered and less accurate guns. All imo.

I bought a Hatsan .22 air rifle and put a Bushnell 3x9 scope on it... for killing vermints. It is a springer. The best feature is an adjustable trigger. Pretty sure it was around $200. Not breaking the bank like a pneumatic rifle. Super accurate with the right pellets... simple round nose Ruger pellets. I forget how many grain those are tho.
What is a good pcp repeating air rifle for 22 cal . We have a pest problem and need a repeater
Thanks

What is a good pcp repeating air rifle for 22 cal . We have a pest problem and need a repeater
Thanks
I don't know about "best" cuz people's opinions are limited to what they have used and to say what's best one woudl have to have tried a huge array of guns.

I use a Benjamin marauder pistol .22 for pesting. With TKO suppressor it's incredibly quiet. Cant hear it just yards away. Has taken thousands of pests in the 10-12 years I've had it. Only failure in that time was a $6 air filler nozzle. It's very accurate with the right pellet. About 20 pumps with hand pump to bring from 1800ish psi to 2800. That's the best range for accuracy in this gun. Extra mag is about $18. Full sized rifle about $360 and pistol can be found for that when on sale.

IMG_6992.jpeg

Woods Walker is the camo model

IMG_6994.jpeg
IMG_6993.png

If you live in an area where you can use regular powder guns a long threaded barrelled 22LR like the armscorp m14y can be had for $120. With a suppressor it's virtually silent. Bolt action with 10 shot magazine. Video below shows what it sounds like shooting subsonic ammo suppressed. Once you have a suppressor it can be used on any .22. Suppressor approval is now 4 days instead of 10 month+ like before.

Last Edited:
Thanks
There is a LOT of them. How much do you wish to spend? Look at places that sell a lot of brands and decide how much. They are a TON of damn fun. If you find you like shooting them I would also buy a compressor. The hand pumps will "work" but, they are a workout. A compressor is well worth the cost.
My first one I still have is sold with Sigs name on them. Kind of "AR looking", use 30 round mags. It ran me about $300. Then some A$$ hat here told me about Hatsan making them in select fire. Once I saw them I could not stand it and bought one in .30. It cost more than most of my guns but damn is it fun :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top