JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has anyone else experienced the new federal prohibitors for Oregonian as of Febuary.
I had a felony conviction set aside in December on 21, allowing me to purchase a firearm. I also a current CCL member in oregon and 35 other states.

Just found out today, I no longer am able to purchase in oregon. Please can anyone make scenc of this for me.

Greatly appreciated
Shaun Kollie Attorney. Salem/Kaiser area

I know someone that dealt with this back in Louisiana--convicted was set aside and expunged, but they still had to go through the Circuit Court and pay money to have the record erased. When the background check was conducted, a record popped up--the disposition wasn't clear, due to it being expunged, but since it was for a felony, the denied the purchase. Once all the arrest records, etc were wiped away by the circuit court, they didn't have any issues after that.

interesting update, I haven't received word on my appeal yet (had to run down the NTN) but my buddy did. He received a letter from DOJ that says they didn't deny it, and my buddy should talk to the state. Definitely a circular firing squad at this point. He's gonna take the letter back down to Salem and see what OSP says at that point.

interesting update, I haven't received word on my appeal yet (had to run down the NTN) but my buddy did. He received a letter from DOJ that says they didn't deny it, and my buddy should talk to the state. Definitely a circular firing squad at this point. He's gonna take the letter back down to Salem and see what OSP says at that point.
Didn't I predict that(?) 🤣 If it were in fact a change in the feeb BGC's (that are solely reliant on individual state submitted info) we would be seeing the same nationwide and I would think it would have plenty of national attention by now. Yet... nothing but crickets on the national scene.

I could still be wrong, but I'm still betting this is just a change in OSP office policy. Denying a BGC and forcing people to appeal is certainly going to limit transfers from occurring since many won't actually choose to go through the appeals process, chalk it up as a feeb law change and never attempt to purchase another firearm again.

That sounds exactly like the type of thinking prevalent among the woketards. The law be damned... if you can get away with forwarding the agenda... by any means necessary... DO IT! If the lowly minions really want their rights they'll go to the effort to appeal. If not, their rights really weren't all that important to them anyway, hu! "Not our fault".

You have to ask the question. Are the "powers that be" in OR willing and capable of flat out lying about it? Absofrikkinlutely, IMHO.

Does this also exclude you from getting a concealed carry license not asking for legal advice just asking if ita clarified in the law

Last Edited:
What a cluster. So he will have one set of bureaucrats saying no, and then saying it was not them. Wow, I feel SO much safer now. 🤬

And I was denied on a BGC due to a sealed juvenile record from 10-11yrs ago. (23 now, convicted at 13)
Dang man--that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I had a juvenile record myself from when I was 16, back home in MS--we were stupid kids and went around shooting folks with paintball guns one Halloween night and got arrested. I had to go through the court process here in WA when I moved to have my firearm rights restored. I have never lived in any other state that required restoration of firearm rights due to a juvenile offense. It wasn't cheap, but it was well worth getting it done.

Dang man--that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I had a juvenile record myself from when I was 16, back home in MS--we were stupid kids and went around shooting folks with paintball guns one Halloween night and got arrested. I had to go through the court process here in WA when I moved to have my firearm rights restored. I have never lived in any other state that required restoration of firearm rights due to a juvenile offense. It wasn't cheap, but it was well worth getting it done.
Yep I already have a lawyer ready to go for my restoration, I just can't figure out if I should vacate my conviction even though it's already sealed? I don't want to have to go through this BS again lol

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top