JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Better get money back if you paid in advance for any of this years classes.

IMG_0988.png IMG_0987.png

"Mike, you teach about preparedness, but I never see you with a firearm."

"Oh, I can't own them because I broke my wife's wrist in front of my child."

I see this is going down the toilet…so before it goes any further, but then I can't stop it…some points to ponder…

First off, a frame of reference…anyone who's been on here very long knows he's been on my range presenting classes the last 4+ years. I am neither defending nor persecuting him.

Please check yourselves and check the appropriate boxes;

Have you met the man? More than once? Off the range, outside of a class?

How many conversations have you had with the man? More than one? In depth personal subjects?

How many have shared a meal with the man? If so, how many?

Invited him in to your residence? To your family?

Any here met Jessica?

I highly doubt anyone here knows what actually happened, myself included. I have neither reached out to him, or him to me…not my biz.

Given that…it's a sad he said/she said type of thing, which is magnified anytime children are involved.

There's a few "legal" documents floating around the net, possibly some here have read them…unknown if they are authentic.

Is she crazy? Don't know. Have there been past LE contacts at their residence? Don't know. Is she on meds? Don't know…and the same can be asked of him as well.

He has stated in the past, the last girlfriend who he has two children with was crazy as well. Is it true? Don't know. If it is, was she that way to begin with, or did he make her that way? Don't know. Did he make this current girlfriend involved in this incident crazy? Don't know. Did they all make each other crazy…don't know. Many questions, very few answers to be chucking rocks.

IF, and I say IF he broke down the bathroom door to stop a potential harm on herself or the child in question…then what? If it was to halt an assault…very good on him. Was it all done in anger…he needs to go down as anyone else should with such an incident.

My thoughts…hopefully the facts will come out with court proceedings, including medical records showing how the wrist injury occurred and in what context. Him being angry, or him stopping a potential assault on herself and/or the child.

Lastly, I hope all here would refrain from rock chucking on each other should one here get into a "sticky" situation, until all the facts are available.

As for future classes…not sure how many classes he's actually instructing, so that may or may not be a concern as for refunds. The last class on my range was a year ago, but he did not present it. There's two instructors that are what I would call extremely top tier types, Matt Vandy and David Acosta…both have been on my range, and both would still be welcomed here anytime…they are that good. If you are signed up to a Fieldcraft class with either of the two, don't jump ship…they are worth every penny.

Bottom line..I hope the children are not scarred by such an incident...good or bad...and no one truly knows anyone until they live with someone awhile.

I now return you to the regularly scheduled rock throwing tournament…

I see this is going down the toilet…so before it goes any further, but then I can't stop it…some points to ponder…

First off, a frame of reference…anyone who's been on here very long knows he's been on my range presenting classes the last 4+ years. I am neither defending nor persecuting him.

How many conversations have you had with the man? More than one? In depth personal subjects?

Any here met Jessica?

I highly doubt anyone here knows what actually happened, myself included. I have neither reached out to him, or him to me…not my biz.

Given that…it's a sad he said/she said type of thing, which is magnified anytime children are involved.

There's a few "legal" documents floating around the net, possibly some here have read them…unknown if they are authentic.

Is she crazy? Don't know. Have there been past LE contacts at their residence? Don't know. Is she on meds? Don't know…and the same can be asked of him as well.

He has stated in the past, the last girlfriend who he has two children with was crazy as well. Is it true? Don't know. If it is, was she that way to begin with, or did he make her that way? Don't know. Did he make this current girlfriend involved in this incident crazy? Don't know. Did they all make each other crazy…don't know. Many questions, very few answers to be chucking rocks.

IF, and I say IF he broke down the bathroom door to stop a potential harm on herself or the child in question…then what? If it was to halt an assault…very good on him. Was it all done in anger…he needs to go down as anyone else should with such an incident.

My thoughts…hopefully the facts will come out with court proceedings, including medical records showing how the wrist injury occurred and in what context. Him being angry, or him stopping a potential assault on herself and/or the child.

Lastly, I hope all here would refrain from rock chucking on each other should one here get into a "sticky" situation, until all the facts are available.

As for future classes…not sure how many classes he's actually instructing, so that may or may not be a concern as for refunds. The last class on my range was a year ago, but he did not present it. There's two instructors that are what I would call extremely top tier types, Matt Vandy and David Acosta…both have been on my range, and both would still be welcomed here anytime…they are that good. If you are signed up to a Fieldcraft class with either of the two, don't jump ship…they are worth every penny.

Bottom line..I hope the children are not scarred by such an incident...good or bad...and no one truly knows anyone until they live with someone awhile.

Great report. Sufficient enough to insure I'll never participate in any discussion on this platform again.

Any here met Jessica?

:s0109:

That's all I got. ;)

Don't know the man, watched some of his content on You Tube. Seems like a solid guy but I'll await more info.

It does seem he's had a target on his back for speaking his mind and training us average Joe's better skills.

Trumped up charges as he preps and advises people. The ggubt willget you somehow.
I believe it's best to stay in context with things with things like this.

Cerberus gave an excellent synopsis of the situation as he actually knows him - yet like he said is neither defending nor persecuting him.

The guy was arrested for 'domestic violence' yet none of us know the specifics or how it applies to him however unlike other situations it does not appear to be related to what he does.

I have no idea who this man is. In fact, on my mind's eye, I was thinking of Danny Glover and was very confused about what classes he might be teaching.

I'm just going to toss this out there, you guys can read between the lines as to any agenda or not, BUT,..........

Over the last few years, several high profile vets, those who have a public personality or u-tube presence have been arrested and charged with things like this latest involving Mike Glover. Now, I'm not saying anything one way or another, only to point out that several top shelf tier 1 dudes have been "Taken Out" so to speak, so this could be nefarious or it could simply be coincidence, but the fact remains, I leave that up to you to sort out,................BUT!

I have met Mike Glover in person, seemed to be a decent dude, my impressions of the man were that he is a decent stand up, do the right thing kind of guy, no drama, no attitude, just a normal guy! Now, I don't know him all that well, so I cannot speak to any sort of personal life of his, but I have serious questions as to the specifics of this, especially given where he lives, and the quality of the LEO, and more importantly, the D.A. in that area!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top