JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Congrats you awoken an 9 year old thread.

Old thread.jpg

I do not remember what Emerald was like 10ish years ago, but as of 2024 it is not really a useful range for anything other than sighting in and some basic target shooting.

"Rapid fire" is not allowed. Only one shot per second is permitted.
No draw-and-fire practice.
No shoot-and-move.
They do not have shooting bays for wider angle shooting (target transitions, multi-barrier target presentations etc.). They only have lanes, and you shoot your own lane and that is it.

In short it is fine if all you want to do is put some holes in paper, but for anything more serious or fun than that you are out of luck. Its pretty decent if you have a new gun or optic you want to dial in, or you want to practice some precision shooting, but if you want a little bit more from your shooting sports you probably need to look elsewhere.

I do not remember what Emerald was like 10ish years ago, but as of 2024 it is not really a useful range for anything other than sighting in and some basic target shooting.

"Rapid fire" is not allowed. Only one shot per second is permitted.
No draw-and-fire practice.
No shoot-and-move.
They do not have shooting bays for wider angle shooting (target transitions, multi-barrier target presentations etc.). They only have lanes, and you shoot your own lane and that is it.

In short it is fine if all you want to do is put some holes in paper, but for anything more serious or fun than that you are out of luck. Its pretty decent if you have a new gun or optic you want to dial in, or you want to practice some precision shooting, but if you want a little bit more from your shooting sports you probably need to look elsewhere.
when i was a member like decades ago,, i'd be in the members only ranges, all alone no one else there, and this one old dude would make it a point to come done and let me know whatever i was doing, he didn't like.and he wasn't even shooting, just walking from range to range.. back then it wasn't against the rules to shoot and scoot. but now you are correct, they have locked it down with alot of rules.. except for sighting in, and very slow single fire. Not judging them, its just how it is..

when i was a member like decades ago,, i'd be in the members only ranges, all alone no one else there, and this one old dude would make it a point to come done and let me know whatever i was doing, he didn't like.and he wasn't even shooting, just walking from range to range.. back then it wasn't against the rules to shoot and scoot. but now you are correct, they have locked it down with alot of rules.. except for sighting in, and very slow single fire. Not judging them, its just how it is..
I get that they do not have room for fully enclosed bays and other "active" style shooting setups, but the prohibition against cross lane shooting, "rapid fire" or even drawing on the pistol lines really cinches it for me. I don't like to use the term, but here it really does fit; Emerald is a Fudd range. I get a discount pass there from buying guns (I think it grants member pricing?) but I will only actually go if all I need to do is sight in stuff, because it is pretty much useless for anything else. You can't even practice fast follow up shots from offhand. It seems the administration and membership there only want hunters who come in to sight-in and practice single shots, nothing else.

Finding places to shoot around Eugene is hard enough that I am actively looking for property where I can set up my own range. It seems like that is the only viable solution. I don't even care if it takes 10 years to find the right plot of land.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top