JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you have had a can go down range, you know!

Was putting some rounds through the Salvo and it decided to launch itself at the target.

Recall that scene from A Christmas Story where Ralphie drops the lug nuts while helping his dad change the tire.

Ffffffuuuuudddgggeee!

Ya, that slow motion curse was about exactly how I reacted.

The panic! The adrenaline!

And…

It's ok!

Minus some external "character adding" dings from landing all over the shooting bay made up of gravel rock, it survived.

Was shooting the Saiga clone, buckshot. Just put the mag in and on the second bang, it went BANG! The front cap stayed put, the rest of it separated from itself and followed the 9 pellets.

I found everything but the front hex nuts that hold the thing together. My thinking is that the front cap nuts failed and it pulled itself apart from pressure.

Emailed Silencerco, and they are sending some replacement nuts my way. Kudos to their customer support.

Thought I'd share!

Reno

If you have had a can go down range, you know!

Was putting some rounds through the Salvo and it decided to launch itself at the target.

Recall that scene from A Christmas Story where Ralphie drops the lug nuts while helping his dad change the tire.

Ffffffuuuuudddgggeee!

Ya, that slow motion curse was about exactly how I reacted.

The panic! The adrenaline!

And…

It's ok!

Minus some external "character adding" dings from landing all over the shooting bay made up of gravel rock, it survived.

Was shooting the Saiga clone, buckshot. Just put the mag in and on the second bang, it went BANG! The front cap stayed put, the rest of it separated from itself and followed the 9 pellets.

I found everything but the front hex nuts that hold the thing together. My thinking is that the front cap nuts failed and it pulled itself apart from pressure.

Emailed Silencerco, and they are sending some replacement nuts my way. Kudos to their customer support.

Thought I'd share!

Reno
Wow that would be freaky. No evidence of baffle/monocore strikes? I know some pellets have flat spots as they go out the barrel so it seems inevitable that one of those is bound to also hit the walls of baffle/monocore just like they do the barrel. But I am 100% ignorant of shotgun suppressor design so I'm only speculating.

Wow that would be freaky. No evidence of baffle/monocore strikes? I know some pellets have flat spots as they go out the barrel so it seems inevitable that one of those is bound to also hit the walls of baffle/monocore just like they do the barrel. But I am 100% ignorant of shotgun suppressor design so I'm only speculating.
No, no strikes.

The way the salvo works is by using steel rods that the wad slides on/in. The shot only leaves the wad after leaving the barrel. The reason you find flat shot on occasion is the from the reward force sandwiching the lead shot onto itself as its launched forward at 1200 fps.

I learned my lesson about tri-lug adapters in a similar manner. Now I know why people are happy to give them away.
I only run one with Tri lug now. It's because I had the smith match the threads on the mount. IE they are longer than the typical 0.6" thread length. Otherwise I'd swap it over to plan B like everything else is now.

I only run one with Tri lug now. It's because I had the smith match the threads on the mount. IE they are longer than the typical 0.6" thread length. Otherwise I'd swap it over to plan B like everything else is now.
Plan B is what I run on my cans as well.

I mortared a can once.
Everyone on the range helped me pick up the pieces and humpty dumpty got put back together again.

i did that. my can was not attached correctly and it fired off like a rifle gernade.. safe to say i was super embarassed and hoped no none else noticed.

I'm glad you're getting your nuts back!
I got them back!

Some cool pictures.

32139335-2C9D-4942-88BF-3B05FFE81A75.jpeg 1BE6E432-E49D-4428-A465-755035ECD738.jpeg 84C7BB1A-8315-4F2D-A505-E558F69C5060.jpeg

I sent a SiCo Omega about 30 yds down range one time. Heh heh.. Oops, guess a fella should tighten the lock ring all the way down.

Got away with that one.

@Reno is it possible for the same nutz to fail again in the future? I'd be concerned about that, are the new ones stronger material or the same. Glad it was pretty uneventful in the long run.

@Reno is it possible for the same nutz to fail again in the future? I'd be concerned about that, are the new ones stronger material or the same. Glad it was pretty uneventful in the long run.
Darn good question. I relayed this to SilencerCo, I'll post what they say when they respond.

They for back. Said nothing was wrong with my set up or ammunition. This tends to happen if the nuts get too loose when firing. I asked about thread products, hoping they get back with an answer in that.

Even with the possible issues, I feel SilencerCo will take care of it if needed. They offered to have it come in to be looked over if I didn't feel comfortable with it.

They for back. Said nothing was wrong with my set up or ammunition. This tends to happen if the nuts get too loose when firing. I asked about thread products, hoping they get back with an answer in that.

Even with the possible issues, I feel SilencerCo will take care of it if needed. They offered to have it come in to be looked over if I didn't feel comfortable with it.
I'm glad your nuts got a clean bill of health.

Launched my Trash Panda, which uses a threaded taper mount, downrange at (not to name the place) a great (for indoor) range in Everett on the third time shooting it on my 300blk. Smacked the berm after hitting the target at 25 yards...
The manual said something to the effect of 'firm hand tight is all that is required'...I use a wrench (lightly) to install the can and a wrench to remove now. Even though I was thankfully the only one in the bay at the time, I still had to get a RO to go get it. I was so embarrassed.
The staff were very understanding. Luckily, I shot that rifle suppressed in one of their classes a week later with no issues.
Trying out new things will not always go the way you think they will. LOL the first time I shot my first ever handloads (.308 in an AR10) I was really nervous!
Just pick yourself up and drive on. Crap like this happens to everyone.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top