JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live at my BOL, and as it is now, I only go into town, on average, about twice a month, sometimes less. Which is why I am not too concerned about fuel; even if I go into town once a month, I have enough treated fuel stored to last for years.

My immediate vehicle usage - if SHTF - would be to transport my kids and their stuff from their house (15 miles away), to my house.

My main concern I have is if we have the "big one" (Cascadian earthquake) and the bridges or the roads are impassable even with a 4x4. The two bridges between us are supposed to be able to withstand a severe earthquake - but who knows for sure?

Also, my SIL works in Portland, almost all the way north to the Columbia river. So if he is at work when the earthquake hits (50/50 chance?), then it will be an ordeal for him to get home. I've convinced my kids to have a GHB in their car, but I am not sure how diligent they are about keeping it there and supplied appropriately. OTOH, my daughter works from home, so the chance that she is there if an earthquake hits is 95+%.

What I am looking for is something to convert my truck to an RV for travel. Also for my pickup to flat tow and keep a dirt bike inside of a canopy over the bed, out of sight and I would flat tow behind my truck. Both vehicles would do double duty as a SHTF vehicle.

In the case of a SHTF event, I am mostly okay with what I have now - but it would be nice to have the option of a habitat on both the truck and the pickup.
It sounds like he needs a small inflatable raft, & a dry bag just in case. I wouldn't count on Portland for anything! strike that I'd count on them making a bad situation much worse

Not having a small dual-sport motorcycle is probably a mistake on my part. When roads are jammed up with cars that ran out of gas, etc, it is the only sure way to cover distance. BP vest and cross my fingers.

John escaped the most advanced AI future terminator on one with some help o_O

Not having a small dual-sport motorcycle is probably a mistake on my part. When roads are jammed up with cars that ran out of gas, etc, it is the only sure way to cover distance. BP vest and cross my fingers.

John escaped the most advanced AI future terminator on one with some help o_O
received_994953874988695.jpeg marsoc-gen-hsgi-wasatch-plate-carrier_1_5c74cf0a15d91aa2ed5413b2ff1af1ac.jpg M-Gator-01.jpg M-Gator-03.jpg
Seems militaries agreed, M-Gators and ATVs are apparently more useful for their jobs than the 2 wheelers though that diesel bike is cool

I want these:

The TW200 would be my choice for getting around over just about anything while being 100% bulletproof - reliable as they come. Won't make the rider stand out, it is pretty much a farm bike that can still/barely (60mph or so) hit the highway if needed.

I'm half surprised that militaries keep trying to use bicycles. Most seem to be in Middle East areas, some look temperate/tropical.

paratroopers-on-patrol-square.jpg paratrooper-emergency-square.jpg brenttaylor-afghanistan.png b47f30a85638049cff2848277a14a331--marine-corps-afghanistan.jpg 809926-J-SDU54-569.jpg ccb7d13c855661137b09b6c4e7918cac.jpg montague-paratrooper-military-1.jpg b49734bd7854b85f10f679b78aeb1dc6.jpg montague-paratrooper-military-2.jpg

Edit
. Might be useful in a suburban/semirural civil defense group setting where cyclists are a little more agile/mobile (speedier) than just being on foot all the time.. less speedy/mobile than a vehicle but a lot more quieter other than the sounds of gears and pedaling

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top