JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Or just regular wipes I guess... saw these sheets at Home Depot. Anyone ever compare rubber washers with round hole in the middle to same size washer with x cut instead of a hole? Seems like x cut woudl be more effective but may hurt accuracy more. They have 1/16" thickness sheets also. I think cost was $7.50 ish for 1/8" and 5.50ish for 1/16"

355A8AE1-8CF5-4F3D-9A11-9DCCDE1CF8B3.jpeg

Just be aware that according to the ATF rules that when you go to replace a wipe that you cannot have more than one at a time. Stupid but that is the rule. To the ATF the wipe is the technically the suppressor. Again, stupid but that is the way it was written 5 years ago. Can't imagine they would ever do anything to make it easier on us.

You can buy the actual product from the company that makes the material and buy the proper punch size.

I just tried it using x cut and db reduction was only about 2db (mil spec meter). So not worth the time imo for a 10-12%(ish) perceived reduction in sound. Did not try it wet though and that might make a bigger difference. S&w 9mm subs 140 gr on 8.6"? Barrel. If it was a giant reduction then it would be worth the time imo. Might be interesting to try it with suppressor foam (db foam) combo butt my gut feel based on this test is it still wouldn't be worth the trouble. Might be fun to try on .22 though.

I've tried using wipe material recommended by one mfg on a can by another mfg. Even tho thicknesses were the same, the softer, reinforced silicone wipe didn't stay in place.

I concluded that using different wipe material from what is recommended for that can may not work.

I'm curious what you would need to do to be under such heavy surveillance by ATF, that they would be counting the number of rubber washers in your possession. I'm supposing you would be a dangerous man with a dangerous job!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top