JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone running the Streamlight TLR6 weapon light/lazer for their non railed 1911? If so, what are your experiences as far as it holding up to recoil abuse?
It will hold up just fine. Remember, very little of the recoil will actually be transferred to the frame (early, poorly chamber supported Delta Elites excepted), most of that energy is absorbed / transferred via reciprocation of the slide.

I personally would recommend you do not go down this route, as this usually ends up being more headache then boon (gun to light to holster fitment quickly results in a tolerance stacking nightmare).

If you really want to try out different lights / options, I would go the Recover Tactical route so you can use one of your (likely already existing) 9,000,000 rail mounted lights / lasers. It's also comparatively less expensive and will allow you to see if it's something you even want to do.

Greatly appreciate the input folks and I'm not dedicated to doing this. Just entertaining the idea. If I were to go this route, it would not be on one of my carry 1911's so, holster is not an issue.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top