JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wife would order a jr bacon cheeseburger and I would order a daves double meal, we would split the drink and the fries for $11.00 total.

Now it is $16.90 for an increase of 53% (we're out)

Lying Fox News says inflation is 19% over all since the Rona.

Name something that went up only 19%.
It's not food, gasoline, utilities, insurance, rent...
You forgot wages in the last part!

You forgot wages in the last part!
Good catch, Thanks
Up 4%

chals.JPG

Wife would order a jr bacon cheeseburger and I would order a daves double meal, we would split the drink and the fries for $11.00 total.

Now it is $16.90 for an increase of 53% (we're out)

Lying Fox News says inflation is 19% over all since the Rona.

Name something that went up only 19%.
It's not food, gasoline, utilities, insurance, rent...
Sadly ALL "news sources" use the numbers that are put out by agencies who guess what, are part of the Gov. Anyone with a brain knows we are often being lied to about how bad it is but, tell the "truth" and all you would get is bombarded with "proof" that it was a lie. Statistics can be made to say anything you want them to say. So inflation numbers are played with a LOT. If you want to see this play out fast just watch what happens if the GOP wins the next election. In a very short time we will see "news" of how bad things suddenly became. Sadly this is what the "public" wants, so "news" feeds them what they want to see. :s0092:

Well what is the other extent? Franchise owners are dealing with having to pay higher wages, higher food costs, higher rent, higher insurance cost and it all goes back to govt. Mandates whether they be local, state, or federal. I mean how many clamored for $15-20 hr. Jobs for FF. It isn't very sustainable.
People still flock to it out of habit or necessity.
I wonder if food stamps covers fast food. It would explain part of the madness.

I wonder if food stamps covers fast food. It would explain part of the madness.
Last I checked, nope..

Actually, its easier to list what food stamps does not cover;

Goods -non food items

Alcohol

Medicine (This includes drinks and food that have "dietary supplement info" labels and not "nutritional value info")

Hot foods like from deli counters and food trucks

Fast food/restaurants

I can have a huge burrito for $9.95 at a Mexican Restaurant a couple blocks from McDonalds. It also comes with chips and 3 dips. Sometimes I can eat the whole thing.

Pretty simple, really.
So you are saying the reason FF prices have gone up is because people continue to buy it? Now I am no economist but with all the different FF places, that creates what we call competition and competitors typically lower prices to compete. The problem is they can't keep the prices where they were and still remain profitable. Let's go from FF to Housing. Is that why housing prices are so high, people keep buying houses? Now I was born in 1969 but still not a fan of Carter's economic policies and sure not a fan of Brandon's policies either.

Are you a business owner?

Last I checked, nope..

Actually, its easier to list what food stamps does not cover;

Goods -non food items

Alcohol

Medicine (This includes drinks and food that have "dietary supplement info" labels and not "nutritional value info")

Hot foods like from deli counters and food trucks

Fast food/restaurants

So you are saying the reason FF prices have gone up is because people continue to buy it? Now I am no economist but with all the different FF places, that creates what we call competition and competitors typically lower prices to compete. The problem is they can't keep the prices where they were and still remain profitable. Let's go from FF to Housing. Is that why housing prices are so high, people keep buying houses? Now I was born in 1969 but still not a fan of Carter's economic policies and sure not a fan of Brandon's policies either.

In my experience, whenever somebody starts a question with the phrase; "So you're saying...", everything that follows is nothing but a exaggeration and/or misrepresentation of an opposing viewpoint in an effort to replace the original position with an extreme version that is completely fabricated.

Most often the people who partake in kind of 'discussions' are not interested in the opposing persons viewpoint, but instead simply trying overtake the conversation to elevate their own views while berating the opposing view, then claiming some sort of victory.

I find these kinds of back and forth rather feckless and disinteresting.

Enjoy your time here, but I ain't yer huckleberry.

"Certain select (restaurant name) locations in Arizona and California" for the most part, and one in Michigan, one in Rhode Island :rolleyes:

Papa Murphy's and Figaro's only accept EBT/SNAP for take and bake menu items, either pick up or in-store orders. Not delivery, not cooked/baked by them.

In my experience, whenever somebody starts a question with the phrase; "So you're saying...", everything that follows is nothing but a exaggeration and/or misrepresentation of an opposing viewpoint in an effort to replace the original position with an extreme version that is completely fabricated.

Most often the people who partake in kind of 'discussions' are not interested in the opposing persons viewpoint, but instead simply trying overtake the conversation to elevate their own views while berating the opposing view, then claiming some sort of victory.

I find these kinds of back and forth rather feckless and disinteresting.

Enjoy your time here, but I ain't yer huckleberry.
A simple question that should be easy to answer. I guess it is easier to just post something and not expect someone to question it......on a forum no less.

You implied FF prices went up because more people were buying FF. I don't buy it, hence my Q to you. I guess I should have said you are wrong and moved on, my bad. That's like me saying - why carry appendix when you can shoot your d*ck off. Oops, we got a thread for that as well.

Fuel prices went way up, food ingredients went way up, less people willing to work FF jobs, in several cases whole crews quitting locations.. wages in some places went up, but not enough to require 140+% price increases... however, I won't be surprised too, that utilities costs went way up, and so did rent/space lease/property taxes. Everything but wages went up faster and higher than "inflation rates" told to people by govt :rolleyes:

Sounds like the principle of supply and demand. Long waiting in line for fast food/housing=price goes up. Long waiting lines go away=prices come down.

Yesterday via UberEats: 4 large sandwiches, 2 salads, $90. Of which $25 was tax and delivery fee... granted, that was also with both a flat $15 off and a 2-for-1 on the sandwiches and salads.

Five meals for two for a hundred? I'm still surprised myself... tabs now are usually $15-20 per meal for EACH of us even with cheap crap.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top