JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There may already be a thread on this, but does Midwayusa.com have delays or holds on shipping powder? I ordered 2lbs of powder and some primers on the 17th and tracking shows that the label was created but that's it. Their site says it should ship out same day or next day?

There may already be a thread on this, but does Midwayusa.com have delays or holds on shipping powder? I ordered 2lbs of powder and some primers on the 17th and tracking shows that the label was created but that's it. Their site says it should ship out same day or next day?
You ordered on a Friday, and on Saturday you wonder why its not yet shipped? The label is FedEx or UPS? Check the tracking number and I would "guess" its going to show they have not yet received the package as they are I am guessing picking it up Monday?

You ordered on a Friday, and on Saturday you wonder why its not yet shipped? The label is FedEx or UPS? Check the tracking number and I would "guess" its going to show they have not yet received the package as they are I am guessing picking it up Monday?
I ordered on Friday in the early hours of the a.m. and got a tracking number Friday after noon, so I thought UPS had possession and it was in transit. I was questioning its movement (or lack thereof) Monday afternoon because it still hadn't been received by the carrier. I also forget to account for carriers that don't operate on weekends. My days off are T-W right now, and I haven't had a real 'weekend' schedule in a long time. I did see it started its journey around 8pm this evening, so my concern is all for naught.

I ordered on Friday in the early hours of the a.m. and got a tracking number Friday after noon, so I thought UPS had possession and it was in transit. I was questioning its movement (or lack thereof) Monday afternoon because it still hadn't been received by the carrier. I also forget to account for carriers that don't operate on weekends. My days off are T-W right now, and I haven't had a real 'weekend' schedule in a long time. I did see it started its journey around 8pm this evening, so my concern is all for naught.
That makes sense then. When you have an account at the common carriers you can make labels and the tracking becomes "active" even though the carrier has not been "handed" the package. I am "guessing" a place like Midway has the carrier come to them as they will have a LOT of stuff. So when carrier shows up they start scanning labels as they get loaded. Both Carries work weekends but, only for people who are willing to pay premium. When a package has "restrictions" like yours will then its also handled a little different as it can't just be sent on like all the other stuff.

That makes sense then. When you have an account at the common carriers you can make labels and the tracking becomes "active" even though the carrier has not been "handed" the package. I am "guessing" a place like Midway has the carrier come to them as they will have a LOT of stuff. So when carrier shows up they start scanning labels as they get loaded. Both Carries work weekends but, only for people who are willing to pay premium. When a package has "restrictions" like yours will then its also handled a little different as it can't just be sent on like all the other stuff.
Yeah, I just figured it would be in transit sometime Saturday, then halfway through Monday still nothing, it just had me wondering. It's on the move now though 👍

Yeah, I just figured it would be in transit sometime Saturday, then halfway through Monday still nothing, it just had me wondering. It's on the move now though 👍
"Some" places will take your money, then let you sit and wait while they do not actually have the product. Their supplier may be telling them they have it on the way too them and they are hoping you will not start complaining. This kind of business practice when done to me will normally make that the last time the place sees my money. If they tell me up front they do not have it, and think they will later? Fine. If they don't admit that, take my money and then hope I will not care? That makes me angry. I have been shopping Midway since LONG before Al G invented the net and they so far have never done that. So if they say they have something and you pay they are packing it up for you.

"Some" places will take your money, then let you sit and wait while they do not actually have the product. Their supplier may be telling them they have it on the way too them and they are hoping you will not start complaining. This kind of business practice when done to me will normally make that the last time the place sees my money. If they tell me up front they do not have it, and think they will later? Fine. If they don't admit that, take my money and then hope I will not care? That makes me angry. I have been shopping Midway since LONG before Al G invented the net and they so far have never done that. So if they say they have something and you pay they are packing it up for you.
Same here.
I learned that lesson from Optics Planet. They screwed me over on an item hard to find (at that time) I didnt know my order was actually a backorder, when i could have eventually found it elsewhere. I ended up cancelling my "backorder" ( which I never would have done in the first place.

Midwayusa.com has never done this to me, all items have been marked very clearly their status. Been shopping at Midwayusa for years and their customer service is fast and accurate.

Optics planet will never get my business again. Ill add Target Sports to that list too.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top