JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is the only correct answer. In platform and cartridge.

frWw0QMkQ3OEdhUdoxXp_gpcMeIp7qMgzJ5iekF8OJg.jpg

• Can be suppressed.
I eventually did do this with a dedicated can:

Mac silencioso.jpg

With subsonic loads, it sounds like a sewing machine — clickity-clack, clickity-clack. :s0155:

Still on the lookout for a mo' better stock for this buzzy thing. If I had my druthers it would be like the wood Uzi stocks of yore. Failing that, perhaps an adapted, wood AR stock or just go with one of those adapter gizmos from US Machine-gun.

This is the only correct answer. In platform and cartridge.

View attachment 1869463
Oooh, neato. I most curious about this magazine system. How does it work?

View attachment 1880293

With subsonic loads, it sounds like a sewing machine — clickity-clack, clickity-clack. :s0155:

Still on the lookout for a mo' better stock for this buzzy thing. If I had my druthers it would be like the wood Uzi stocks of yore. Failing that, perhaps an adapted, wood AR stock or just go with one of those adapter gizmos from US Machine-gun.

Is the us machine gun adapter a 1913 rail adapter or is it a AR buffer tube adapter?

If it's 1913 rail your options are limitless. Fe to put on wood stock you just screw in a 1913 baseplate onto the stock. Or for folding of the same use a 1913 folding adapter. I cut a wood stock in two to make it folding this way (ie one piece has small pic rail and other has pic rail folding adapter).

If it's AR buffer tube that's more limiting imo. But tons of cool buffer tube stocks available also.

Folding buffer tube adapter examples:
59F3492A-F1EF-4CFA-8EB9-F8AC2B065AA7.jpeg

1913 skeleton stock example:
Wood stock examples (first 2 pics from makers Facebook page they aren't mine - first pic shows 1913 baseplate, if gun has 1913 rail that's all you need):

All NFA rules apply

Last Edited:

View attachment 1880293

Here is the way Cobray solved the wood stock issue:

IMG_0166.JPG IMG_0167.JPG IMG_0168.JPG IMG_0169.JPG

Best recollection is that I purchased it from Cobray itself..................30+ years ago!

After I posted the above pics, I did a search for wood MAC stocks. I looked at images, which lead me to a gunbroker listing. I don't have a GB account, so I have no idea how to copy an image or forward a link. But I think you would be interested. What this person makes is a modified surplus Uzi stock with a bracket pretty much exactly like my stock has. I looks very well done!

Do a search on gunbroker for "Cobray M11" and scroll down a bit. It is made by a company called "Jersey Arms Works". I googled it, but was unable to locate it. If you have an account with GB I think you can contact them directly.

Sorry for being so wordy ✍️

You really should check it out!

Best regards.

WMB

Technically not "pistol caliber", the .30 carbine is pretty close to a .357 carbine in power.

View attachment 1859517
Word! Though some may consider "old hat", I've long believed the light, handy, accessible, little carbines in .30 are magnificent Civil Defense arms. On that score:
¡Las carabinas!.jpg

Beauty and the Beast:
  1. Sportized, scoped, M1 carbine in .30 Carbine.
  2. Generally stock, iron-sighted, M2 (federally registered) machine-gun in .30 Carbine.
Both fed by a stock of 15, 30, and 40 round magazines. :s0155:

One idea that keeps resurfacing is acquiring a used Ruger Deerfield. Add, if necessary, something like a red dot. Then use with the 10-round IQM magazines:

Grandes cargador .44.jpg

Similar handling, and semi-auto operation, of an M1 Carbine but in .44 Magnum, with 11 shots on tap. Might be neato. :s0155:

Pistol-Caliber Urban Carbine. And Suburban Carbine. And Rural Carbine. And Jungle Carbine. And Assault on a Government Armory Carbine.

Proven and eminently successful in each scenario by none other than Che' Guevara:

1716651849536.jpeg
Garate Anitua y Cia "El Tigre" Carbine, Caliber .44-40 WCF. A favorite of law enforcement, bandits and revolutionaries in the Caribbean and Central/South America for nearly a century.

One idea that keeps resurfacing is acquiring a used Ruger Deerfield. Add, if necessary, something like a red dot. Then use with the 10-round IQM magazines:

View attachment 1887365

Similar handling, and semi-auto operation, of an M1 Carbine but in .44 Magnum, with 11 shots on tap. Might be neato. :s0155:
Energy with some ammo would be almost exactly the same as 18" 300BLK so that's impressive for pistol round. Limited capacity but interesting gun for sure.

44M shown in black (240 grain federal hydrashock). Blue line is 300BLK. Really ammo dependent for the energy #s. Speer gold dot 44 magnum 200 grain is only 800fpe out of 18" barrel so there is a huge variance depending on ammo used.

228ACB3B-473D-4A0F-A744-88B036CBBA26.jpeg

Last Edited:

View attachment 1887365

When those rifles were all around that was the only reason I did not keep one. Damn I would LOVE to have one that held more ammo.

When those rifles were all around that was the only reason I did not keep one. Damn I would LOVE to have one that held more ammo.
I hear you. I've found the two 10-rounders work great in the bolt-action 77/44. As they use the same magazines, very tempted to acquire a Deerfield (aka 99/44). They're available on the used market, though prices are all over the map (from not bad to insane) for reasons I'm not entirely sure of. The IQM magazines are another factor; they weren't cheap years back (~ a c-note), but now they're even more so ($165 last I checked).

All I want is something Ruger PC Carbine sized, roller delayed, takes Glock mags, in 10mm.

Can we make that happen?

Oh wait, I'd have to move to be able to purchase that :(

Last Edited:
If Ruger ever makes that little carbine of theirs in 10mm I would LOVE one. Would "tempt me" to go to ID and buy one I would want one so damn bad :s0140:

Would likely be blow-back, but that's ok since I'd just load to standard pressure and use a slower powder; velocities should be quite nice :)

Would likely be blow-back, but that's ok since I'd just load to standard pressure and use a slower powder; velocities should be quite nice :)
It certainly would and I would want the little sucker anyway. :D
I REALLY love the one I bought in 9mm right after they hit the market. Still a ton of damn fun. I thought we here could not buy these anymore but looks like they slipped past the AG and his gun grab for now. The model without the threads is still sold here. So if they do come out with one in 10mm and no threads I will "HAVE TO" have one :D

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top