JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, probably 'whipping a dead horse' but I hadn't been on ANY YT gun sites in a long time but last night, while relaxing from being a bit 'under the weather' I was looking for reviews of a couple new guns and it seem like there are MORE gun channels than ever!

Anyway maybe some of you are familiar with them and if you could just post the names of 3 or less you find to be the most informative this will help me out.

Interestingly I thought I had forgotten about the Yankee Marshall and watched one of his vids where he explained he has been 'shadow banned' and is banned from having live chats on YT. Seems he is starting a new non-gun related channel about cars - but some are suggesting it might be a 'backup' channel for his gun channel.

Hickok45, mrgunsngear are ones I go to first.
I do like Hickok45, but more recently his commercials are starting to annoy me. He has made millions of his YouTube channel; I wish he would back off on the constant endorsements.

Last Edited:
MrGunsNGear is reliable and lately I've been going to HonestOutlaw a lot. I'd have to say that I've probably visited Tim at MAC (Military Arms Channel) the most and seem to have a lot of opinions in common with him regarding firearms.

Hickok45 for the wisdom..
Garand Thumb for the entertainment and good laugh.
Kentucky Ballistics to watch things explode..also a good laugh..
Paul Harrell for his knowledge and unlimited gun storage in his shooting jackets..

Hickok45 for the wisdom..
Garand Thumb for the entertainment and good laugh.
Kentucky Ballistics to watch things explode..also a good laugh..
Paul Harrell for his knowledge and unlimited gun storage in his shooting jackets..
I gave up on Kentucky Ballistics when he tried to kill himself by shooting a .50cal cartridge through a rifle with a muzzle brake - a cartridge that was very specifically never intended to pass through a muzzle brake. The cartridge was developed for a tank mounted cannon with no brake, even then it was discontinued because the army thought it was too dangerous.

For gun reviews mostly mrgunsngear, honest outlaw, James reeves (and his videos on tfbtv), iraqveteran8888, and Garand thumb. Best suppressor sound videos/data are iraqverteran8888 and mrgunsngear imo.

Haven't watched Hickok 45 for a while but I used to like watching him. Seems like nowadays it's the same guns over and over though which is only reason I don't watch him much now.

This guy is gold for optics:
View: https://youtu.be/llzHpMPOMhY?si=EBZT5H7Gg_YBnknZ

For history forgotten weapons and royal armory (link below)

View: https://youtu.be/EVw-frCHou8?si=vlROVlQj4cw8a4Ve

For legal four boxes diner mainly

For handgun shooting anything by Rob lathaem and Mike seeklander

For home defense/self defense and similar Clint smith and Jeff Cooper (Col Cooper is the best info out there overall Imo)

Last Edited:
Gotta give the cred to Hickock though..'well lets see if I can take this rusty ole 22 derringer and hit the back metal at 300 yards..ping!

Not really lol..but he is that good a shot if the gun is

My vote is Hickok45.
Doesn't take himself too seriously, knowledgeable but humble, is not a salesman for the item being reviewed, one of the most accurate handgun shooter (iron sights) of those being mentioned, even at an older age. I like Paul Harrell for similar reasons, but his videos can feel like a classroom lecture.

Gotta give the cred to Hickock though..'well lets see if I can take this rusty ole 22 derringer and hit the back metal at 300 yards..ping!

Not really lol..but he is that good a shot if the gun is
The real credit I give to Hickok45 is his GREAT attitude!
I just like the man. He loves the sport!

I started out many years ago with Hickock and Yankymarshall. Somewhere along the way they lost me.

Although I found many gun reviews helpful, I usually find the independent, backyard, goofy guy as reliable as any for real world not a commercial, review.

I know it's not easy. It takes, time, money and know how to make a decent video, so I try not to hate on videos I don't like. As a long time gun review channel watcher, 99% are now political action channels. Much like MTV used to show music videos, these rarely review guns anymore.

ReidHenrichs
Kotaboy32
The Firearms Guy
SmallArmsSolutions
2a Edu
Forgotten Weapons
Liberty Doll
God Family and Gear
Guns Gadgets (not for a while)

Yankee Marshall is one of the biggest pieces of bubblegum on the planet Imo. There are poeple on this forum who have said they would SSS him due to what he has done. No joke.

I recently became aware (by unknown happenstance since I have my settings set to "subscriptions only") of Tools&Targets. 12-15 minute videos of usually reviewing a gun and or velocity and gel testing ammunition with usually two handguns.
I really mainly get a kick out of his southern talking.
Oh and Mixup98 is nice for the scenery since I like the desert. Usually 12-15 minute videos of shooting in the desert.
I'm a simple man.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR