JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suppose the ultimate lever action rifle for me would be a Bighorn Armory Model 90 in 460 S&W with a Turnbull treatment. Probably 10 large there. Functionwise, a Marlin 1895G would achieve just about the same stiffy....

Ok, I am full of questions. Is this even real life? One off? Production?
It is a late model 96/22 made at one time by Ruger. Google search Ruger 96/22. They essentially made the 10/22 with a lever. It still takes regular 10/22 mags. They are rare these days and if you find one they sell for anywhere from 500-1000 depending on condition. They use dual extractors so regular 10/22 barrels can be modified to work. This pictured gun has a modified Kidd barrel and is a registered SBR. He also has a Dead Air Mask on the end that he inletted the stock for.

Glock mag, tacticool, aluminum receiver, threaded, mlok everywhere, in 10mm as it's the bestest most tacticool of coarse!
I would just like a mag fed one in general, not picky, Glock mags would be nice.

I'd want 44 magnum over 10mm though. :)

And if they made a drum magazine I might get it.... As I'm writing this I'm imagining the John Wayne fans recoiling in horror.

Hmmmm. Nah, we don't need anything Glock in the lever action world. Some things are best left alone. :)

If Glock made a lever action...
1581712001398.png
The Marlin 1895 Dark...

Maybe I'm just an a hole curmudgeon, but I cannot buy a modern Winchester with the billboard roll marks and foreign manufacture, not matter how nice the craftsmanship is.

Seems like its only an issue to people when the product is made in Japan. No one cries when a Browning is made in Belgium (same parent company, FN). Between my Dad and I, we have all sorts of Winchesters made in the US, Portugal, and Japan. The Japchesters are the nicest and smoothest, by far.

Not sure about billboards, but you must not look at Rugers and Smith and Wessons. Talk about reading material.

Seems like its only an issue to people when the product is made in Japan. No one cries when a Browning is made in Belgium (same parent company, FN). Between my Dad and I, we have all sorts of Winchesters made in the US, Portugal, and Japan. The Japchesters are the nicest and smoothest, by far.

Not sure about billboards, but you must not look at Rugers and Smith and Wessons. Talk about reading material.
Which is why older American firearms are sooooo nice to handle. Winchester's value to me is the nostalgia and not the ability to fire accurate projectiles, which is why the lack of American manufacture and the extra marks reduce the value to me. A defensive pistol that gets carried is all about function, it can have the entire bible stamped on it for all I care. Ok, maybe I do care about a defensive gun's appearance to some extent, but far less than a collection/nostalgia gun.

It doesn't really qualify as a 'dream' but I have been looking for a Winchester 'Legacy' for a while and not really finding anything locally I think I am 'shifting gears' to begin looking for a Mod 64 Winchester.
I passed on a really nice on a few years ago and shouldn't have.
The 64 has the pistol grip I have been wanting but with the somewhat 'hybrid' style barrel with a ramped front sight & short load tube.

lf.jpg

With a .44mag, .308 BLR, and a nice older Marlin straight-grip in .30-30, Ive pretty much got my needful things covered as far as lever guns go..
For an unneeded, practically useless (to me) dream lever, is a Marlin 1895 Cowboy .45-70... The shorties do nothing for me that cannot be done better with my .308... There is just "something" about that long .45-70 that calls to me..

BHA in 454 casull or 460 S&W with a highly flamed maple stock dyed black. Nope this would be pricey

I was sorely tempted by the .45 Colt takedown for sale here, but several things prevented me from buying it:

1) My 460V has more power than the lever action - even with hot .45 Colt loads, and is more handy.
2) I already have a .44 mag Rossi 92 to go with my 329PD
3) I already have an 1895 Marlin in .45-70 which is more powerful and more versatile than the 460V or the 460 BHA.

If I wasn't on a budget right now I probably would have bought the takedown anyway. I really like lever actions and I really like them with octagon barrels, especially shorter carbines, but I have some big expenses coming up and I got carried away with gun purchases last year, so I have to reign myself in, plus I am not sure how much longer I will be employed.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews