JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
every 1gen products will have some issue, just like cars. that's why I don't usually jump on new product.

but I like how SA is handing the issue.

I don't see it that way. A car is a bit more complex than a firearm. I have a hard time believing a decent gun manufacturer can't produce a new firearm with serious potential failures. I think they are more concerned with getting the next new hot products out before enough testing.

The original case is overkill to ship it back in, but if you use it I'd still put it in a box with some surrounding foam. The FedEx pee-ons are going to be nervous enough about handling a plain box with a gun inside in the first place.
The gun case is too much advertising.

If you have one of those pistol socks put in in that, wrap it with a rubber band. Or any nylon carry bag.

Put a chamber flag in it. Ship ONLY the pistol, no mags, etc. Just surround it with enough packing in a small box to hold the pistol itself. They seem to be pretty particular about you cleaning the gun first.

If you own an XDS there is no reason to not send it in for the recall. Selling it down the road w/o proof of the recall work done could be dicey. Well, I guess if it is your only pistol and WWIII is starting this weekend you might skip it for a while ....

Good info burt. I will be shipping mine tommorow, I hope they will have quick turn around.

I just got off the phone with a Springfield Customer Service Supervisor (9/27/13). I was told that they decided to issue the recall prior to having a "fix" in place. She said it was for consumer safety, but since they didn't specify up front there was no repair in place, so the gun owner could determing when to send in a gun, it smacks simply of corporate protection. It also smells like Big Brotherism, that "we will hold your defective guns" until a solution is found. I have a perfectly good shelf where my gun would have been just fine. If this is their first recall (as was told), it could be their last as it is very damaging to a company's reputation, to conduct business like this. She also said updates are posted every Friday on their site: Springfield Armory ReCall Registration
I am NOT happy.

Well, what are you gonna do except ride it out? Although it is an inconvenience think of what could happen to us personally if a AD occurred and someone got hurt? Yeah, we could sue but that bullet can never be recalled. There is plenty of bit**ing on the XDS forum and it has not changed a thing. We'll get them back when they are done, and I for one, maybe the only one, will be grateful.

I have no problem with the safety aspect ... at all. Notification would have been sufficient, until a corrective measure was found. That the recall was posted BEFOE a fix was developed was mislleading. I could have "red flagged" the guns (I have two) in my own safe until this issue was ready to be accomplished. Of course it was a vboluntary recall, no one can force it (yet). But the insincerity of the recall, suggesting it would be efficiently handled bothers me. Springfields actions demonstrate that they are more worried about their corporate liability, than gun owners safety, unless it related to corporate liability. My firearms are best controlled in my posession, not someone else's, to include a premature recall.

Not happy at all with Springfield Customer Service. Own several Springfields and liked them so I purchased the new full sized EMP 10 round 9 mm 1911. Ordered 11 mags for the gun with the coupon. Received the mags pretty quickly but they were for the compact EMP. Sent them back. When they receiced them I called to see when the correct mags would be shipped and was told we only do returns on the 1st and the 15th. I would have to wait. Not happy, I sent a fax 2 days ago expressing my dissatisfaction and have yet to get a response. If this is how they treat customers I won't buy any more of their products. Their mistake, they should fix it in a timely manner.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads