JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shock! Seeing Illinois doing this, I'm sure other states will be taking notice and wondering how they can do the same in their own states.

Basically, after the Highland park incident, state officials effected an "emergency rule change" granting expanded powers to the state police to use clear and present danger red flag laws to disarm citizens.... and they immediately USED it!

Some 700 "compliance checks" were performed in 40 or so of the southern counties of the state over a 6 week period. Just shy of 300 of them have lost their firearm rights. Scary stuff!!

I_Hate_Illinois_Nazis_Blues_Brothers_Tribute_Funny_Znl_250817_frr__55229.jpg

Blues Brothers was prophetic?

Waiting for California, New York, Washington and Oregon along with other anti 2A States to do much the same thing
As predicted, it sure didn't take long to start seeing red flag law abuse, did it!?! Guilty until proven innocent... "due process" can go pound sand.

Open the flood gates!!!

Case in point. Reported last night, San Diego county's red flag confiscations represent 32% of all state wide confiscations, even though it only represents 8% of the population in Kalifederation. They are encouraging other counties to model San Diego and moving to spend $5mil to teach the other counties how to do it.

They were quick to point out that the large number of rights violations were not due to increased crime in San Diego, but from encouraging and pressuring agencies to ignore due process to violate the constitutional rights of it's citizens and educating citizens how to abuse unfounded reporting practices of the neighbors they don't like.

Ohh.. wait.. I don't think that's quite how they put it. Something about community safety programs. I was paraphrasing.🤣

I'd like to see some actual cases and reasons for FOID card violations in Illinois and the same thing in California with the red flag laws. If we learned that these were high crime areas and most were gang bangers, I believe people would have different responses.

There is plenty of opportunity for abuse but we need some specifics. It's hard to defend your position or make decision without facts.

I'd like to see some actual cases and reasons for FOID card violations in Illinois and the same thing in California with the red flag laws. If we learned that these were high crime areas and most were gang bangers, I believe people would have different responses.

There is plenty of opportunity for abuse but we need some specifics. It's hard to defend your position or make decision without facts.
Gangs don't buy guns from the store.

Often times, real criminals don't have a single address ( or any address in their name).

Red flag laws are designed to circumvent an individual's civil rights.

They also target free speech, and create a path to punish citizens who exercise it.

Shock! Seeing Illinois doing this, I'm sure other states will be taking notice and wondering how they can do the same in their own states.

Basically, after the Highland park incident, state officials effected an "emergency rule change" granting expanded powers to the state police to use clear and present danger red flag laws to disarm citizens.... and they immediately USED it!

Some 700 "compliance checks" were performed in 40 or so of the southern counties of the state over a 6 week period. Just shy of 300 of them have lost their firearm rights. Scary stuff!!

Too bad these cops aren't using Red Flag laws against the gangbangers who murder people every week...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top