JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a crossman single shot pellet gun, .22 cal, and it most definitely is capable.

It is the kind that you pump a lever to tighten a spring? 10 or so pumps and it is lethal, I'd say.

For sure, my break barrel is nothing special, but at 25 yards will blow a hole through our wood fence, and break the neighbors window. But don't ask me how I know this o_O

I have a crossman single shot pellet gun, .22 cal, and it most definitely is capable.

It is the kind that you pump a lever to tighten a spring? 10 or so pumps and it is lethal, I'd say.
There are no pellet guns that you "pump a lever to tighten a spring", you're mixing a pneumatic pump with a spring piston rifle. The pneumatic has an air reservoir that you fill by pumping the lever, and yes, by varying the number of pumps, you vary the power. The spring piston rifle can be either a fixed barrel with a lever on the side or bottom, or a break barrel where the barrel itself is the cocking lever. Either way, you only "pump" it once.

As to being lethal, absolutely. Even a relatively low powered .177 springer will penetrate 3/8" plywood, and I've had higher powered guns that would penetrate 2x4's and even fairly heavy sheet steel under repeated impacts. Treating them as toys is just asking for this kind of tragedy. Later.

Dave

Too bad and yea, they aren't toys. Condolences.
Anyway.
I just heard the KXL news reader say, "Authorities don't know what led up to the shooting. The shooting is being called an accident.".
That doesn't even make sense.

Too bad and yea, they aren't toys. Condolences.
Anyway.
I just heard the KXL news reader say, "Authorities don't know what led up to the shooting. The shooting is being called an accident.".
That doesn't even make sense.
Well, this one, tragic though it is, does not fit the narrative.

No way to easily blame this on Concealed Carry or Trump.

Give it a day.

I just heard the KXL news reader say, "Authorities don't know what led up to the accident. The shooting is being called an accident.".
Yet in the online story this is said:

Authorities say a 13-year-old was handling the gun along Scott Road at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday when it went off, striking the 8-year-old.

Uh, it seems to me 'what led up to' (it) was that fact a 13 year old was 'handling the gun' . NOW - the details may be unclear but my point is how the 'news reader' conveniently left out the basic fact of the 13 year old being being materially involved.

Seems like an example of the media modifying the facts, leaving out pertinent information to solidify it as an 'accident' with no 'human' negligence.

Did they not watch the Safety Documentary on this?

1621447987482.png

It won a major award.

Yet in the online story this is said:

Authorities say a 13-year-old was handling the gun along Scott Road at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday when it went off, striking the 8-year-old.

Uh, it seems to me 'what led up to' (it) was that fact a 13 year old was 'handling the gun' . NOW - the details may be unclear but my point is how the 'news reader' conveniently left out the basic fact of the 13 year old being being materially involved.

Seems like an example of the media modifying the facts, leaving out pertinent information to solidify it as an 'accident' with no 'human' negligence.
"We also ask this, please show compassion and empathy in any of the comments that you make, sometimes it's easy to be judgmental about situations like this and this just isn't the time or place to do it," said Foreman.

it's easy to be judgmental about situations like this and this just isn't the time or place to do it," said Foreman.
Oh how I would love to confront this 'Foreman' and say the following:

'Ok, Foreman, I won't be 'judgmental' - but I might take a pretty good guess as to what might have happened - and if the 13 year old happens to admit to it, and its close to what I suspect it was, then the public has a right to know the details'.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top