JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How many lanes are going to be at the 50 yd range? And will the 25 yd tactical range be one party at a time or will the space be large enough and split up for multiple? Also please elaborate on what the sign up process will be for members of various levels for both ranges or lanes. Will there be a reservation system or is it first come first serve? Are there time limits?

How many lanes are going to be at the 50 yd range? And will the 25 yd tactical range be one party at a time or will the space be large enough and split up for multiple? Also please elaborate on what the sign up process will be for members of various levels for both ranges or lanes. Will there be a reservation system or is it first come first serve? Are there time limits?
50 yard will be 12 lane and the 25 yard is looking to be around 9. On the 25, it will be treated just like the 50, allowing individual shooters to all occupy one lane. There will however be times where the 25 yard will be reserved for groups, training, and other events. These will be posted in advance.

Sign up is easy, just come in and put a deposit down for the membership of your choosing. Deposits before Jan 1 lock in the 3 free months and membership doesn't start until Jan 1. All membership levels receive free lane use.

Reservations can be made via telephone, with the plan to have online scheduling soon after. There will be spaces available for walk-ins (both members and non), but it's best to reserve a lane for the time you need. Time limits have not been settled, but it will most likely be reservation and time of the week dependent. It will most likely be 2 hours max on weekends, unlimited on weekdays, but this hasn't been decided yet.

@woosterarmory how are things going? Just wanted to check in and see how the range, permits, etc are all coming along :)
Permits have all been approved and our range is currently under construction! Range walls will be finished in the next week, stop by for a tour!

So early January open perhaps? Will you be notifying people who have signed up for a membership about the opening?
Very early January and we will be notifying everyone that's put a deposit down when we have a solid date!

I would love to use the indoor range. The membership fees are all a bit steep for me, would I be able to either schedule, or walk in and use the indoor range? If so, what would the cost be for that? Can I bring my own ammo? Thank you

Ok, I haven't read all posts, but where can I find range info? I found the retail store online but no mention or range membership. Any info appreciated.

Gotta say the inability to use like 70% of my gear at SafeFire in Camas will really help business for Oregonians who used to go there to shoot, if drop ins are allowed.

Last Edited:
Ok, I haven't read all posts, but where can I find range info? I found the retail store online but no mention or range membership. Any info appreciated.

Gotta say the inability to use like 70% of my gear at SafeFire in Camas will really help business for Oregonians who used to go there to shoot, if drop ins are allowed.
I was there a couple weeks ago and was talking to the staff while shopping. They said they're hoping to be up and running in June/July; however, they have been pushed back almost 6 months now. I am hoping they will open sooner rather than later as its about 10 mins from me rather than the 40-50 mins to SafeFire, but having said that, a couple of the staff had mentioned city permitting and contractor costs. I have no clue what that means in this situation as I would think all (most, if not all) permits would be filed and approved before diving into construction and all. Who knows though this came from two separate people there about a month apart, but still hopeful it will open.

As for memberships, this is the link that has the information https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/wooster-armory-indoor-range-pre-registration.459527

I would assume thats outdated by now. The retail location did have their membership info when they had the first swap meet near the entry so theres a chance they might still have it in store.

I'm losing a bit of faith in their operation, though we'll see how things progress.

On another note, am having an interesting experience with their recent gunsmith leaving. Dropped off a rifle to get a new bolt handle installed. Smith had the gun for a couple months with regular follow ups. At one point he ended up sending the bolt out to another smith since he couldn't do the work. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and the smith had left and the company has no idea where the bolt is. They gave me the smith's email address but I haven't heard back. If they can't find it, it will be interesting to see how they handle the situation.

I'm losing a bit of faith in their operation, though we'll see how things progress.

On another note, am having an interesting experience with their recent gunsmith leaving. Dropped off a rifle to get a new bolt handle installed. Smith had the gun for a couple months with regular follow ups. At one point he ended up sending the bolt out to another smith since he couldn't do the work. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and the smith had left and the company has no idea where the bolt is. They gave me the smith's email address but I haven't heard back. If they can't find it, it will be interesting to see how they handle the situation.
Wooster is a mess, obviously. The gunsmith you speak of is moving to J&B as I understand it. Good luck tracking down your bolt—not a good look for them.

Wooster is a mess, obviously. The gunsmith you speak of is moving to J&B as I understand it. Good luck tracking down your bolt—not a good look for them.
Oh, if he's going over the J&B that's better than him leaving the state. That's actually my normal LGS and I'm pretty friendly with the guys there.

I'm hoping this doesn't become a complete cluster but I guess we'll see.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top