JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you for the reply. I guess I'll have to see how North Fork Wolf Creek is doing. Also, how would you recommend that I become a larger part of the shooting community around these parts? I'm not from the PNW and am looking for friendly people to shoot with.
When the snow melts a bit me and the wife go shooting every week. Send me a message.

Anyone know if this is still open? Seems like everything on the east side (36 pit, Miller's Quarry) has been closed down. Trying to avoid the hour+ trip out to North Fork Wolf Creek as I'm coming from the Oregon City area.

Anyone know if this is still open? Seems like everything on the east side (36 pit, Miller's Quarry) has been closed down. Trying to avoid the hour+ trip out to North Fork Wolf Creek as I'm coming from the Oregon City area.
It was open a few weeks ago, I was up there. It was it's usual mess with lazy bubblegums shooting up refrigerators, microwaves or whatever. I took out 5 contractor size bags of trash, and several 5 gallon drums of cases and shotgun cartridges.

What no shooting signs
I'm going to guess all the "No Shooting" signs on the way up. There's a point there where NF-255 cuts off NF-2636 that is the National Forest boundary. I've only been up there once, but I remember all the LARGE signs. Must be some pretty stoopid people to need sign every few hundred yds, yeah?

I'm going to guess all the "No Shooting" signs on the way up. There's a point there where NF-255 cuts off NF-2636 that is the National Forest boundary. I've only been up there once, but I remember all the LARGE signs. Must be some pretty stoopid people to need sign every few hundred yds, yeah?
No its cuz there is houses that ppl live in up there and they don't want ppl shooting too close

No its cuz there is houses that ppl live in up there and they don't want ppl shooting too close
Understood. But there is quite a ways without houses. That isn't NFS land. And isn't really suitable for target practice. Point was, people being dumbasses.

Just a FYI. Some snow up top. Some ice on the big hill up. Get tricky driving up. You might want a 4x4 if you are going up in the next few weeks.
I can't wait to get some free time to go up there

20221111_154606.jpg

Thanks for the information. Planing to make a trip up also. If it is not a screw it is a nail. But at least they didn't close the whole place down like they had planned. I do miss some of the nice places to shoot on top. Especially the top right fork. You could get your vehicle in an probably shoot about two hundred years in the shade on a summer day. Those days are gone now with the gates up.

Has anyone been up there recently? If so whats it like, is it badly trashed, how are roads? I'm hoping to go up this weekend and wanted to get and idea.
Many thanks
Could definitely use a lil bit of a clean up, there is more trash that I didn't get a pic of, I don't understand why some people bring all that bubblegum out there and just leave it.

PXL_20230819_135116562.jpg PXL_20230819_135100820.jpg PXL_20230819_135040992.jpg PXL_20230819_135028004.jpg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top