JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
4CCD1918-2B5A-4D74-AA7A-84F725E1CB6E.jpeg
I recently bought a new can with the "safety" style spout on it. The first time using it I promptly spilled gas all over the mower and garage. I'd like to meet the inventor and punch him in the nether regions.

View attachment 574577
I recently bought a new can with the "safety" style spout on it. The first time using it I promptly spilled gas all over the mower and garage. I'd like to meet the inventor and punch him in the nether regions.

I feel for you. I bought one of those damn things too. Old can was shot. I was suspicious of the damn thing, so only bought a 1gal for the lawn mower. It has "worked" but I only trust it out in the drive. Eagle makes nice ones still. Of course they are not cheap. Bought a 5 gal one from Amazon a while back and it is of course nice. Use it to keep 5 gals of emergency gas stored outside. Can also be used to fill a small can that's easier to handle for the Mower. The Eagle come in 1 and 5. Another the Just right looks nice too but again they are not cheap.

Last Edited:
Most of these new cans require three hands.
Might keep some idiot from dumping gas on his BBQ.......
I use racing cans purchased at Marc Nelson oil in Salem. Think they run about $30 but worth it.

Most of these new cans require three hands.
Might keep some idiot from dumping gas on his BBQ.......
I use racing cans purchased at Marc Nelson oil in Salem. Think they run about $30 but worth it.

That's also a great idea! I'm planning on getting my son (and me) dirt bikes on his next birthday and those would work great.

I've got a collection of steel now retired 2 1/2 g versions from preplastic era. Including Lawnboy. Willing to let whole group go to new home for suitable consideration.:cool:

Wayno: I bought one of those for my Mantis 5 years ago. 1st use it soaked me & machine & however far half the contents could splash. POS led me to Wavian replacement.

Wayno: I bought one of those for my Mantis 5 years ago. 1st use it soaked me & machine & however far half the contents could splash. POS led me to Wavian replacement.

I've got two and they're perfect. Never have splashed or leaked. As with any, I relieve the pressure while it is upright before I attempt to pour. The best ever to one is a POS to another. Everybody has their own experiences.

Last Edited:
Scepter still makes great cans but I have no earthly idea on the legalities of them. Fantastic cans though.

Yar!

Have a bunch, both water & fuel.

Picked them up on the secondary surplus market. They are not illegal to own, nor to fill & store.

Retailers can't sell the fuel ones for a while now, so you have to go secondary surplus.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top