JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mine is about 6 months old. And I just got it back from repair. It needed a new Top Case and battery...at a cost of $800 but was covered under warranty. I'm happy it was covered. But I can't say I'm impressed with the robustness of this machine. :rolleyes:

I don't have a Macbook Pro, but rather the Macbook Air. I have it setup with MacOS as the primary, but a Windows 7 image via Boot Camp. Fortunately, I don't have to travel much these days, but it has been a rock solid machine over the years. All the other devices in my life are running some flavor of Winblows, Android, or Linux/Unix, but I have to admit, the little Mac "just works".

I have had my iMac for 7 years, and though it took me a loooong time to adjust, I have finally started to love it. It just plain works. All I need to do is add some additional 8gb ram for about $60 to speed it up a bit

I have a Mac Mini. It's a late 2012 and I threw in a 256GB SSD and 16GB of RAM. It works better than a brand new Windows machine. As far as Macbook Pro....I had one for 3 years and sold it for close to what I paid for it. Never had any issues. Mine was the kind that the battery was user replaceable but I never had to do it.

2005 Mac Pro & 2009 MacBook.

Both run flawlessly.

They are becoming outdated in the software department for some things but I could have the equivalent to a 2015 Mac Pro with about $500-600 and it would run another 10 years.

Bought the daughter a Mac air and it's a monster in terms of power. Got it a year used and she's had it for 2.5 now. Not a single hiccup.

Mine is a 2008 MacBook. I put 8 GB RAM in it and replaced the 250GB HD with a 1 TB HD. Running El Capitan just fine and has no issues. I've been running nothing but Apple stuff since 2003. We have 2 more laptops (MacBook Pros), a couple of old G5 towers (still going), 3 iPads, and a few iPhones. I've been running most of these on the home WiFi (Airport Extreme) for about 8 years without any anti-virus/malware protection, just the built in firewall with ZERO problems.

Cost of ownership in the long run is way lower that Winblows machines. If you want to save some money go to the Apple web page and search for "refurbished". I buy all of my stuff as "refurbished". That is usually worth about 10% off and everything comes with the same warrantees. My 10 year old laptop was a "refurb".

Late 2014 Mini mid level. Recently replaced hdd with an SSD of 500GB. Entire new machine after doing that.

If I go with a laptop for school I'll drop into an Air. Iirc they are doing away with chip fans and working towards low power consumption and airflow designs to keep a battery life long.

Not a Mac fanboi by any means, we run Apple products because they work and it's easy to start a project on one device and finish it on the other. I got tired of the windows machines and refused to upgrade previous machine to Win10.

If I can get 6 years out of this computer I'll be satisfied. I want $100/year on a machines cost. That's about how I end up with my iDevices as well after resale two years later. I spent over $1200 on my last windows machine for 5 years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top