JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wondered about this once before when on vacation and found some shooting ranges and pawn shops store firearms. I don't know the specific terms and legalities (transfers etc) of it, but if you don't use your long guns regularly, this might be a solution.

Tigard Pawn claims to store your firearms for a $100 loan and as an FFL, I assume it's on the up and up.
I have used the pawn route many times to free up quick funds ( going to gunshows, etc.)
If you're looking further than 90 days, I would do the math on loan fees first.

today, I store most of my rifles against the bedroom wall or in the closet.

pistols stacked in their OEM boxes on my bedside table - my secure firearm storage is my house with 2 lockable doors and me inside

but I don't live in Portland

what price do you put on your collection?

Job box.

If whatever one you may purchase could also make it up to the unit.

AND the unit could support the weight of it loaded.

Not a safe. Better than a cabinet though.

Security system.

Securing your arsenal at a separate location seems unlikely without incurring significant expense. If cost is a big factor, get on the used job boxes or military style transport cases. Some decent padlocks and maybe security cables. Just make the realities of stealing your gear a huge PITA. Temporary fix ,but should only cost a few hundred dollars.

Securing your arsenal at a separate location seems unlikely without incurring significant expense. If cost is a big factor, get on the used job boxes or military style transport cases. Some decent padlocks and maybe security cables. Just make the realities of stealing your gear a huge PITA. Temporary fix ,but should only cost a few hundred dollars.
it will have to be a significant job box to hold 17 rifles

it will have to be a significant job box to hold 17 rifles
Easily 1 man moveable EMPTY:

Loaded, ammo in the bottom. Rifles stacked/blankets/towels. Not so easily moveable.

Sealed up with stick on foam tape, cover holes. Insert reusable dessicant packet.

Cover with blanket or whatnot.

I do think that I will get a second small safe that can go in my apartment. With that, I should be able to store the longer guns. Then I do have some pelicans that I can place some of the other firearms in and lock together. PITA for me, PITA for someone who may want to steal them.

I do think that I will get a second small safe that can go in my apartment. With that, I should be able to store the longer guns. Then I do have some pelicans that I can place some of the other firearms in and lock together. PITA for me, PITA for someone who may want to steal them.
Word .

Keep it heavy and awkward. Like the conversation at a sex addict's intervention .

No offense, sincerely, but why did you sign a lease on a place that doesn't fit your needs??
My thoughts exactly!

Also, maybe (and this is my inner prepper talking) SELL ALL NON ESSENTIAL FIGHTING WEAPONS. Take the money, get the F**k out of Portland, invest in food, water, and training

Also I second the job box. Weight it down, put guns in cases and set inside. Get one to the desired length. Cover with a sheet and put shoes in front.

622E5C9B-04A2-4CD0-9E9E-9168A238F219.png

Last Edited:
invest in property
you can store food, buy land with water and train on your own land
Agreed. My thought process, 17 guns, you need 2. Sell 15. Let's say $600 average. 15x$600= $9000.

Put that towards a years worth of grain (750lbs rice,beans,corn,wheat) you can store in the storage unit he mentioned. a few different ways to Source/filter/purify water, then begin to make a game plan to get the hell out of populated areas. And stay out! Find a different job. With a different commute, get a different car, with better gas mileage. Make the changes to put yourself not in the hands of people that want to crucify you because your a lawful gun owner.

I hear ya - wake up at 10, drink coffee on the porch, listening to the rain on the roof
go for a walk in the woods, work in the garden
shoot my 9mm several days a week
only start my truck every 2 weeks to keep the battery up
use the tractor several days a week just for the fun of it
start drinking wine by 3:30
dinner at 7
life is hard when your retired

Yes get a job box and then buy some heavy concrete pavers and them in first and then put your ammo and guns. I suppose you may need to be careful depending on how the building is built as well since you don;t want to overload the structure and have if fall though the floor.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top