JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
THIS has me seeing so much Red, it's really disturbing just how pizzed I am over this! It's like that Illegal who was picked up by the Clackamas County Sheriffs Office, NOT reported to ICE, and released onto the streets where he killed a woman not long after! Dude had been deported and had re entered illegally yet again, did more bad, got caught and locked up, and shoud have stayed, but NO! And now a innocent is DEAD!

Same with this phucking looser, several restraining orders against him, several charges FOR violating those restraining orders, and Now, another innocent woman is DEAD! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is wrong here? WHY did the cops do nothing? WHY wasn't this P.O.S. locked up for a long time?
Some one needs to hold the Justice system accountable for this, the powers that be really phucked this up and now a woman is fricking dead, and all parties involved are little more then embarrassed about it! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Money, Think of the money the law is making! Way before our southern neighbors, the lawyers and other parasites learned how to get the money. TURN EM lose!!

THIS has me seeing so much Red, it's really disturbing just how pizzed I am over this! It's like that Illegal who was picked up by the Clackamas County Sheriffs Office, NOT reported to ICE, and released onto the streets where he killed a woman not long after! Dude had been deported and had re entered illegally yet again, did more bad, got caught and locked up, and shoud have stayed, but NO! And now a innocent is DEAD!

Same with this phucking looser, several restraining orders against him, several charges FOR violating those restraining orders, and Now, another innocent woman is DEAD! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is wrong here? WHY did the cops do nothing? WHY wasn't this P.O.S. locked up for a long time?
Some one needs to hold the Justice system accountable for this, the powers that be really phucked this up and now a woman is fricking dead, and all parties involved are little more then embarrassed about it! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This right here ^^ is what prompted this. On one hand a small skirmish between me and Wifey could end my right to own a fire arms for life. Or any of us and our partners. Think about it.....Have you ever had a, I'll call it a "yell out", between you and a partner? No one need to be hurt. No one need to be cut or bruised, or bleeding. Testimony from a neighbor saying I was yelling and threatening, with corroboration from the angry-at-the-time partner.....

And here we have a guy that has already PROVED violent behavior, repeatedly, and they let him out.

I sent an email to the three stations requesting follow up on who bailed the guy out and how he came to have the gun. I doubt anything will come of it. They got their violent gun death story out. They probably don't see reason to go any further.

Money, Think of the money the law is making! Way before our southern neighbors, the lawyers and other parasites learned how to get the money. TURN EM lose!!
This is what happens when you have a "Corporate For Profit" justice system, actual Justice takes a back seat to profits and our safety and well being goes out the window!:mad:

This story hits me hard because of some pretty obvious, to me anyway, ways that this could have been prevented. And that the stupid laws they keep coming up with wouldn't' do a lot to prevent these sort of things from happening is secondary. There are to many situations where even if a person in this instance could carry they would still end up dead, or in jail? I takes a LOT of work to become proficient enough with your carry gun to use it properly. And I have a feeling that not many folks would go through what it takes to get in that position. And DV situations are a whole different animal than other dangerous confrontations.

What I'm looking for is something like a charge of DV for the partner that pushes a partner, with no physical harm present. An investigation looks at records and determines there no reason to red flag the person. Or temp red flag with a visit to a therapist? The partner punches partner, breaks out teeth, add cracked rib(s). Aggravated, first Degree domestic violence. You're in jail dirtbag! Previous threats, violence, with injury? No bail you piece of crap! and then figure out how everything in the middle of the two scenarios should be dealt with.

Your absolutly right, my comment wasnt that the gun is a solution to this problem but rather how gun control laws are based on a prohibitionist model to solve the problem of, violence. They enact laws that make it harder (gun free zones) or make it harder for people to own and bear arms as a solution.... that does nothing to affect the criminal.
America needs to have the conversation point you are talking about. Your post struck a chord with me because I agree with you.. America needs to be discussing why people with known violent records are allowed to walk free. If society cant trust a person with a gun, they shouldnt be free to walk around in society.

Side note to clarify, I do think its possible that everyone can train and be in a position to defend themselves better. The problem is the vast majority of society cant handle the truth of accepting this reality that their personal defense rests on their own shoulders.

Your absolutly right, my comment wasnt that the gun is a solution to this problem but rather how gun control laws are based on a prohibitionist model to solve the problem of, violence. They enact laws that make it harder (gun free zones) or make it harder for people to own and bear arms as a solution.... that does nothing to affect the criminal.
America needs to have the conversation point you are talking about. Your post struck a chord with me because I agree with you.. America needs to be discussing why people with known violent records are allowed to walk free. If society cant trust a person with a gun, they shouldnt be free to walk around in society.

Side note to clarify, I do think its possible that everyone can train and be in a position to defend themselves better. The problem is the vast majority of society cant handle the truth of accepting this reality that their personal defense rests on their own shoulders.
I agree with all these points! I would say, not all of society can or should be trusted with firearms for self protection, BUT, the Rights should not be limited to just a few. Historically, societies have a relatively small population capable of protecting themselves and others, with the greater number of folks inept in those skills! You guys are absolutely correct, we NEED to have the discussions of HOW we address the needs of society and it's safety, and I say we also need to hold our authority figures accountable for allowing felons and those untrustworthy to roam free!

This right here ^^ is what prompted this. On one hand a small skirmish between me and Wifey could end my right to own a fire arms for life. Or any of us and our partners. Think about it.....Have you ever had a, I'll call it a "yell out", between you and a partner? No one need to be hurt. No one need to be cut or bruised, or bleeding. Testimony from a neighbor saying I was yelling and threatening, with corroboration from the angry-at-the-time partner.....

And here we have a guy that has already PROVED violent behavior, repeatedly, and they let him out.

One of the things that xxxx.... anti-gun people cant get out of their heads is that their will never be a perfect safe world. I dont think anyone should lose their rights for having a normal argument, even a heated one. But I also think that if one is dangerous to have a restraining order against them then thats where something needs to be done. When one has an actual court conviction of any kind of violence, he should be in jail and working on some kind of mental narcisstic rehab program.
But the big hurdle is anti-gun people feel that simply eliminating the tool, will make it all go away. They dont want to accept responsibility for their personal safety. the cops can be there in 10 minutes if they can just hold out...

I'm with Ura-Ki in this one, definitely gets me hot. Its an absolute failure of pretty much every justice department and every law out there. Not to mention that at the end of the day an innocent has lost their life.

There is litteraly no excuse and of course those that make the laws "for the betterment of the people" will wipe this away as nothing more than a small statistic that won't hurt them on the way to their "utopia" while surrounded by armed guards.

It is atrocious that "society" accepts something like this happening, but if the POTUS makes a mean tweet they'll be out in the freaking streets in force. Unbelievable the world we live in now.

I'm with Ura-Ki in this one, definitely gets me hot. Its an absolute failure of pretty much every justice department and every law out there. Not to mention that at the end of the day an innocent has lost their life.

There is litteraly no excuse and of course those that make the laws "for the betterment of the people" will wipe this away as nothing more than a small statistic that won't hurt them on the way to their "utopia" while surrounded by armed guards.

It is atrocious that "society" accepts something like this happening, but if the POTUS makes a mean tweet they'll be out in the freaking streets in force. Unbelievable the world we live in now.
Don't forget that arsehole down in Kali who "picked up a gun off the street, just laying there in the open" and shot that poor gal dead down at the end of the dock! Dude was a many times looser, illegally here several times, and was found.....................................not guilty, and was not punished or redeported! All those involved in securing that arseholes freedom need to be rounded up and jailed for a very long time, including all those arsehole politicians who ranted and raved about "Sanctuary Status" of the state! This makes my head pound with rage!

@Ura-Ki i distinctly remember, as when I read that I was in such a disbelief I remember having to verify with multiple sources.

The amount of rage that boils up even now at the thought of that piece of human garbage roaming the streets in my home state will literally ruin a good evening. I have typically held myself as slow to anger but some folks as the saying goes "need to be shot...and sometimes shot again".

Nothing will bring these innocents back, however we can always hope that society as a whole is filled with more people like you and I and less like those that we despise.

Fantastic points in this thread. Current political plan of many in the ruling class:
1) Release or don't jail dangerous criminals
2) Remove the ability of citizens to protect themselves
3) Make them dependent on the government

What to do...?
Vote for the folks and laws that are actually helpful here.
And...
Be prepared and willing to defend yourself when needed...Its your life , who better than you , knows what is needed to protect it..?
Andy

Odd, the felon 'apologists' as in set em all free, they be victims, haven't made a peep...wonder why?

Oh right, a dose of reality just made itself known...

Agree Manny. Creating intelligent, common sense policies seems impossible for many lawmakers to comprehend (after all, common sense is now officially a superpower). The next time one of our friends who (possibly ignorantly) try to argue for vague, poorly written red flag laws, we might point out the recidivism rate for drunk drivers is about 1/3. That is an extremely high rate. Should we PERMANANTELY take away the privilege for them to drive? (By the way, interesting that some groups are trying to link firearm violence to DUI arrests and remove guns this way as well.)

If anything it's fun to present facts and watch heads explode when the data does not compute.

But if she was packing a legal gun she would have had to lock it in the car when she picked up her kids at school due to Wa. law because "nobody needs to carry a gun to pick up their kids at school..." exactly where he murdered her. But lets keep passing more laws that only affect the lawful gun owner restricting them from their own guns. Sick.

I could be wrong but, I think in WA if you have a CPL it is lawful to be carrying when picking up or dropping off on school property. Not that it would have done the victim any good in this case, planning time was not on her side.

I could be wrong but, I think in WA if you have a CPL it is lawful to be carrying when picking up or dropping off on school property. Not that it would have done the victim any good in this case, planning time was not on her side.

Your correct. I thought it was illegal even with chl but looked it up after I posted and saw you can. Im still uncertain if a chl holder can carry inside the building?

Regardless, some states do prohibit it, most antigun people want to prohibit it, and it doesnt really do the victim good in this case because the law shouldnt have let him out in the face of overwheling evidence he should have been locked up.

This same sore of thing has been going on for many, many years. Right here in Snohomish County we had Charles Rodman Cambell. He was "Playing Games" with his Probation Officer and She kept getting Him out so they could "Play" more. The last time he got Drunk and killed a Woman and Her Daughter! The room looked like the Blood had been Painted On!

This one has me asking questions, many of which have been already asked by the good folks here.

What ever happened to the super-duper Extreme Risk Protection order that is law in WA? I don't care much for any law which abrogates a citizen's civil rights without due process but, if there was EVER a poster child for someone who I'd make an exception for, it'd be this POS.

Maybe by starting at the end I can better understand this; the killer killed himself. I believe we are all born with an incredible sense of self-preservation, how on earth do you reach the point where your final act on planet earth is to kill yourself? May as well move on since suicide happens.

I'm not even getting into how the POS could possibly have legally bought a gun, lets face if, if someone is prepared to kill themselves, lying on federal form 4473 is not a major concern.

So now I'm at the prospect of murdering another human being who bore my children. Enough of that, I've created my own headache.

I truly cannot understand how anyone can get this far down a rat hole.

On the other side, the system failed this victim. Plain and simple. I know the system is not, and never will be perfect, but bail was granted? Really?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top