JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My profession is tech/database development, so I see this a lot. It's full of nerds.

When you're having a conversation with someone and they say "well..actually".

Guy that look like gangbanger wearing stocking hat when it's like 68 degrees stopping his car in traffic and getting out confronting the guy behind him in his car. Happened just now. Yelling like
Mad. Poor guy in Normal car. I hope he was armed and glad it didn't get that far. PDX sucks. Rude poeple. Gangbangers. Druggies. All smashed into too small of an area. Confrontations are only minutes away seems like at any given time here. Everyone is hot for confrontation, protest, anger, violence nowadays it seems like.
This video is exactly like the guy I was talking about but more violent. Bus driver doesn't drop him off at an unscheduled stop so he then attacks bus driver while it's driving down the road! Then crashed into building.

Tiny things get blown out of proportion to the edge of violence or tipping over into violence.

Seems to me of you are in your car or in public got to be ready in case something like this happens to you. Escpecialluly in cities (may not apply to rural areas that are still normal). Poeple in Pdx can attack you for no reason (happened to me personally) and sometimes even attack people who aren't even there or innanimate objects (I've seen it several times).

Over use of the terms or expressions "it's a game changer", "to be honest", and "the bottom line is…"

No game is usually involved, I always expect you to be honest when I talk to you, and the bottom line is a numerical value in accounting, not an everyday reference in a non-accounting conversation.

I'm sure there are other misused terms and expressions. Rainy day in Seattle area so I think I will take a nap.

Over use of the terms or expressions "it's a game changer", "to be honest", and "the bottom line is…"

No game is usually involved, I always expect you to be honest when I talk to you, and the bottom line is a numerical value in accounting, not an everyday reference in a non-accounting conversation.

I'm sure there are other misused terms and expressions. Rainy day in Seattle area so I think I will take a nap.
Oh c'mon man. It is what it is.

:s0087:

This video is exactly like the guy I was talking about but more violent. Bus driver doesn't drop him off at an unscheduled stop so he then attacks bus driver while it's driving down the road! Then crashed into building.

Tiny things get blown out of proportion to the edge of violence or tipping over into violence.

Seems to me of you are in your car or in public got to be ready in case something like this happens to you. Escpecialluly in cities (may not apply to rural areas that are still normal). Poeple in Pdx can attack you for no reason (happened to me personally) and sometimes even attack people who aren't even there or innanimate objects (I've seen it several times).
Wow even secret service agents are freaking out for no reason and attacking poeple. Surely this must be drugs and they just can't say that?

The outlet reported that Herczeg began mumbling to herself, hiding behind curtains and throwing menstrual pads and other items at another agent, telling her colleagues they were "going to burn in hell and needed to listen to God.

Ok..I'll say it out loud...

When you have to call customer service (for anything)..and get someone in India.

Not racist, or xenophobic, I just have a hard time understanding most of them, don't like the fact that my US company outsources to foreign countries, and have little patience for the scripted, unrelatable manner in which most of them speak.
THIS ^^ is why I love my one and only credit Card. "Discover Card". What few times I've needed to call them over the years, I don't believe I've ever waited for more than two minutes. And each person over these years sounds like an English as a first language person.
i almost got one 2 days ago...... very common problem here in Albany.
Well at least you got one? Better luck next time, huh?

Wow even secret service agents are freaking out for no reason and attacking poeple. Surely this must be drugs and they just can't say that?

The outlet reported that Herczeg began mumbling to herself, hiding behind curtains and throwing menstrual pads and other items at another agent, telling her colleagues they were "going to burn in hell and needed to listen to God.

I vote in favor of having ALL democrat politicians be protected by DEI hired security!! Who's with me?

I drive for a living so people on their phone, changing lanes without signaling, and drivers who run red lights really grind my gears. I also ride and Sunday nearly became a hood ornament. The front bumper of an Escape actually contacted my right leg. Lady was pulling out of a mobile home park and her view was blocked by a trucking turning in but still..... By the grace of God, I wasn't injured and cycle wasn't damaged.

Interesting. Secret service agents already had concerns about DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion) hiring practices of the agent in question.

Speaking of DEI, skip to 9:34 on this video to see 2 planes directed into each other in the runway "STOP!". 2 air traffic controllers unprofessional, disinterested, slurred and sloppy speech, and tbh, bubbleguming dumb. Then contrast that with the ultra professional lady who takes over and gives clear concise directions. DEI in the airline industry is dropping the level of professionalism methinks in an area where professionalism is critical or poeple die.

View: https://youtu.be/AyJdZfJAnHs?si=4GhJa-VOQp9yujz3

Speaking of DEI, skip to 9:34 on this video to see 2 planes directed into each other in the runway "STOP!". 2 air traffic controllers unprofessional, disinterested, slurred and sloppy speech, and tbh, bubbleguming dumb. Then contrast that with the ultra professional lady who takes over and gives clear concise directions. DEI in the airline industry is dropping the level of professionalism methinks in an area where professionalism is critical or poeple die.

View: https://youtu.be/AyJdZfJAnHs?si=4GhJa-VOQp9yujz3
I have dealt with this for YEARS, tower controllers who don't know what each other is doing, Massive superiority complex's and a general attitude of Don't Give a Phuck! This is not surprising, and it's going to get a bunch of people killed, and yet another reason I refuse to fly commercial!
Had a BAD one recently, I don't normally fly into Controlled airspace, and rarely ever deal with towers and controllers, but I needed to stop for fuel in Vegas, ( One of the very WORST towers in the nation BTW) and it got me into some hot water and the FAA was forced to step in!
Lets just say It's a good thing I know the FAA is forced to keep tower logs and can review them at any time, and I also know the phone number to the tower so I can complain to the shift lead over anything for any reason! Lets also say, what they were trying to do to me was VERY unsafe Very Illegal, and very not cool, and I wasn't having it or going to play their games! The FAA inspector for that tower was pretty pissed once he played back the logs, and while I do not know if anything happened, they were sure awful nice once I got my gas and was ready to depart!

This is a SERIOUS issue, there should be ONE tower controller in charge of the entire airspace, all other controllers SHOULD be in contact with the ONE, and everyone should be seeing and hearing the same thing at the same time, there should only EVER BE ONE voice on Freq. from Initial to approach, to final, ONE voice in charge, PERIOD, HARD STOP! Same with Ground, ONE VOICE, PERIOD, HARD STOP! This business of running multiple controllers in conflicting airspace ( Or Ground) is going to get people killed, and if they cannot retain absolute control, then they need to re think how they are operating, and I for one, refuse to be bullied by some Tower Squatch for ANY reason, because they are over worked, under staffed, too much traffic, or whatever, BULLSH!T excuse, they need to OWN it, and figure it out before they end up killing people!

but my latest is people on a bike who ride on the sidewalk against the traffic flow as fast as they can.
When I lived in Albany and was car-free for a while, I took to riding in bike lanes against traffic, because I'm deaf and didn't have rear view mirrors mounted to anything.. , those helmet rearview mirrors are tiny (not really good field of view), and the handlebar ones are stupidly placed where I couldn't keep my eyes forward or swivel without looking down to the sides.

In fact, once when I was crossing a driveway, my bike got hit in the back with the one of the orange Plano boxes shattering from the impact, by a careless driver speeding up out of the parking lot at my apartment complex :s0001:

The impact was hard enough to bend the rear cargo rack and the rear stays on the frame.

The driver claimed that the sun was in her eyes but that's still no excuse to be going 15mph+ out of the parking lot into the cul-de-sac.

Edit, I stopped riding on the left side when a local cop stopped me and told me to stay on the right side even if it meant risking being sideswiped by jerks in vehicles

I learned to watch out for stupid inconsiderate drivers when I started riding motorcycle 58 years ago. Their mistakes may kill me.
I learned to be patient with stupid bad drivers when I drove semi-trucks across country. Their mistakes and I could kill them.

People wanting to control my life - these people don't even know me - but they buy into some nonsense from some activist/politician/etc. - so they vote or otherwise support that nonsense. The politician/et al., does this to get more power/whatever.

Just leave me the **** alone ****head! I wasn't doing you any harm! :mad:

But no - you can't leave things be because you or somebody else has some plan for your version of the world and your place in it - so you just have to take my freedom away because you are threatened by it.

:s0054:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top