JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was out in the shop earlier today and I just couldn't talk myself into prepping cases or loading anything. But I did do a bit of inventory and I must say that I have entirely too much cleaned brass sitting in the cabinet.
16,500 9mm and 9,500+ 223/556 & 1,400+ miscellaneous calibers, all cleaned.
6,000 9mm and 1,100 Ik22 223 dirty.
I am contemplating taking the dirty brass to the recycler along with 8 peanut containers of spent primers, I should have a decent payday.
HOLD THE PRESS!!!
I may have a buyer for the dirty 9mm. :s0023::s0032: :s0032::s0032:

View: https://youtu.be/kylKj0ARB5A?si=B61yB3BQBFTgmlJx

I've been busy the past few days, saw all those PSD 5.56 cases just laying there so I grabbed a few bags of 500 and started processing them.
Took me an hour to resize one bag taking a few short breaks, 2 years ago I could do 5-600 in 35-45 minutes. :eek:
I paced myself doing the second bag, shoulder PT, don't want to overdo it.
Swaged them both today in between breaks.

Felt froggy so I primed 100 44MAG cases and will probably load them sometime this week.

D645A9C9-63AB-4E70-AF29-5CD3A08039B2.jpeg 3CDA173E-3DD8-4E7F-8496-57F6084624F5.jpeg 3A23A3D0-3447-44AE-B16B-A202BA900D38.jpeg

Last Edited:
Adjusted the Square Deal B from 38spl to 357mag.

Set it up for 6.0grns of WIN244, 158grn jacketed round nose from American Reloading.

Ran ~130 through it and then it went POP on the downstroke.

The frame cracked entirely through.

A quick phone call to Dillon Precision and they gave me an RMA number and said they'd replace the press.

Just got it apart and back into the original box for return.

This press was serviced by Dillon a couple years ago, and I just lubed/greased it up and replaced bushings a month ago.

View attachment 1877058 View attachment 1877059 View attachment 1877060 View attachment 1877061
It kinda looks like that big pin had worked its way so it's no longer flush?

Finished another 200 9mm's to go with the 300 I loaded yesterday. 115 gr Hornady HAP, 5.3 gr BE-86, yesterday's were loaded with Fiocchi Small Pistol primers, today got Federal 100. The Fiocchi's work well for batches of 300, being there are 150 per sleeve. The Federals come 100 per ridiculously large sleeve. :rolleyes:

Finished another 200 9mm's to go with the 300 I loaded yesterday. 115 gr Hornady HAP, 5.3 gr BE-86, yesterday's were loaded with Fiocchi Small Pistol primers, today got Federal 100. The Fiocchi's work well for batches of 300, being there are 150 per sleeve. The Federals come 100 per ridiculously large sleeve. :rolleyes:
The federal sleeves are ridiculously large. I agree. I ran out of projectiles and I have about 1200 primed cases. I'm casting up some 125s. After I've powder coat them, I'm gonna catch up with you. I'm cooking the dope outside my trailer right now. :p Breaking bad in the Nevada desert, ha ha.

1000004261.jpg
1000004260.jpg

Topped off some .338 Federal loads for my son's trip to Idaho.
Nosler 210 gr Partition, 43.3 gr IMR-8208XBR, Fed 210 in Federal 338 Federal cases
185 gr bonded soft points (most likely Federal Fusion over runs), 47.0 gr TAC, Fed 210 in PPU .308 brass necked up to .338.
He is going along for security while his friend hunts deer and elk with his 10 year old son. He might pick up a wolf tag along the way.
Still need to get going on my .270WSM ammo for my Idaho cow elk hunt at month end.
2nd timer, how does that load of 8208 and the 210 partition shoot?

I finally got past the last Dr appointments for me and my wife, well at least she can drive herself to hers now. I'm redoing my 25-06 test run this time with only brand new PPU brass and no crimp. 7 different loads using 3 different bullets. 1 load for the 87gr Speer tnt's and 3 a piece for the 102 lehighs and 117 Hornadys. Now I'm working on 240 gr SWC''s in 44 Mag for an order.

Did some cardio last week...

OIP (25).jpg

Today went out to check and see if I have enough 9mm powder on hand or if I need to place an order. Now mind you I only looked since I didn't want the shockingly handsome new me to cause any problems by touching anything...

Not to worry though, I loaded 2,300 9mm rounds before the procedure. So, I'm good for a while...

Did some cardio last week...

View attachment 1882760

Today went out to check and see if I have enough 9mm powder on hand or if I need to place an order. Now mind you I only looked since I didn't want the shockingly handsome new me to cause any problems by touching anything...

Not to worry though, I loaded 2,300 9mm rounds before the procedure. So, I'm good for a while...
Cardioversion? So they jolt the heart into a normal rhythm? A solution for Afib?

Cardioversion? So they jolt the heart into a normal rhythm? A solution for Afib?
Yep, was in A-fib for 5 or 6 months with an irregular heartbeat. The docs finally scheduled the cardioversion procedure where they knock you out, stop your heartbeat and then use the electric paddles to shock you back into normal rhythm. Thankfully, it worked after one jolt and hopefully it will stay stabilized.

Can't say I was all that motivated to spend much range time the last couple of months. Just didn't have enough ummph. But after a week, I have already booked one pistol class and am working on another. So, I guess those 2,300 9mm rounds will need replacement soon :)

Yep, was in A-fib for 5 or 6 months with an irregular heartbeat. The docs finally scheduled the cardioversion procedure where they knock you out, stop your heartbeat and then use the electric paddles to shock you back into normal rhythm. Thankfully, it worked after one jolt and hopefully it will stay stabilized.

Can't say I was all that motivated to spend much range time the last couple of months. Just didn't have enough ummph. But after a week, I have already booked one pistol class and am working on another. So, I guess those 2,300 9mm rounds will need replacement soon :)
Glad to hear it worked, prayers for continued good health brother!

Welcome back, in more than one way! Dang brother, sounds like you went through the ringer, glad you're doing good and they caught hit in time. I have a friend who ignored similar symptoms for too long and a huge blood clot formed in his heart, it caused a massive stroke. Glad you were diagnosed before that!

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top