JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Reactions
Maybe we stop watermarking in the meme threads? Or we make the watermark more transparent? Or we add the watermark to the bottom of the image instead of an overlay? I know the watermark is there to help prevent theft of images from the classifieds, but we don't really need it for other stuff (especially memes and jokes which are almost 100% "stolen" by definition).

As an example of a bad watermark;
I am sure we can all finds lots more if we need to.

I was thinking a while back that we only really need the watermark in the classifieds.
Yeah, I have no idea if this is actually a system that can be targeted at specific forum locations or not. If not then we need other solutions. I will wait for someone who knows to state the best option, but some kind of change would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I have no idea if this is actually a system that can be targeted at specific forum locations or not. If not then we need other solutions. I will wait for someone who knows to state the best option, but some kind of change would be greatly appreciated.
It's up to the staff to figure out implementation. I think they have an API to work with, but they're not going to discuss coding options on an open forum. Or with non-staff, I would imagine.

It's up to the staff to figure out implementation. I think they have an API to work with, but they're not going to discuss coding options on an open forum. Or with non-staff, I would imagine.
eh, then I can just post memes to convey my heartfelt sentiments;

200.gif

Most of my life a watermark was on my paper indicating the quality like; "100% linen".
Usually designed to be unobtrusive, as such one had to hold it up to the light to see it.

but we don't really need it for other stuff (especially memes and jokes which are almost 100% "stolen" by definition).
Not that I'm a pro photographer but I personally don't like seeing it on my own photos. Technically I cant see it a good thing for NWFA to tag the thousands of stolen pics that get shared as their own property.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top