JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have friends and family in Texas. Their stories ring with how we prepare for issues in the PNW. They don't have electricity or water and now the stores and gas stations are running low on supplies. It will take time for utilities to return to normal due to their infrastructure. Even the plumbing stores are running low due to all the water line breaks. Generators are in high demand but hard to find as well as the gasoline situation. Keep your tanks full, keep water ready, food supplies stocked and alternate forms of heat available. I am sure other states are having these issues.

lol, my mom was saying something about that, she didn't finish the sentence before I think she realized that this is not the time you want green energy...

Just ask yourself, if your wife was giving birth do you want the diesel generator as back-up or some windmills ?

Also! Solar and wind power do not work in snow or ice.

Tell that to Alaska, Greenland and any of the Scandinavian countries with green energy. No, this was totally a failure resulting from the Texas state government not wanting to tell their power companies to prepare for cold weather (i.e., deregulating). Isn't it odd that the power grids regulated by the federal government don't seem to have these issues? The rest of the South (the Eastern Grid) isn't seeing this. El Paso, served by the Western (federal grid), is doing just fine. For some reason only the Texas grid is crippled by this unusual cold weather.

Houston was hit the hardest, but they'll just blame Trump and continue to re-elect Shiela Jackson-Lee.... 'cuz "tribalism".

No lessons will be learned, bank on it! :rolleyes:
The biggest cities with the most electrical demand were hardest hit? You don't say.

The good news is Senator Cruz is hard at work getting power restored.

C289216C-2BBC-4FEB-B30A-6285589B984A.jpeg

Last Edited:
lol, my mom was saying something about that, she didn't finish the sentence before I think she realized that this is not the time you want green energy...

Just ask yourself, if your wife was giving birth do you want the diesel generator as back-up or some windmills ?
If my wife was giving birth, I'd go to a state outside Texas where the hospitals still have power and clean water, and their leaders aren't incompetent.

2A30E876-DE6D-401E-8502-31084608E5D8.jpeg

The lesson to be learned here is the Green New Deal is B.S. when it comes to sustainable energy and it's proponents sure love that fossil fuel and generators when they're freezing their azzes off.

Tell that to Alaska, Greenland and any of the Scandinavian countries with green energy. No, this was totally a failure resulting from the Texas state government not wanting to tell their power companies to prepare for cold weather (i.e., deregulating). Isn't it odd that the power grids regulated by the federal government don't seem to have these issues? The rest of the South (the Eastern Grid) isn't seeing this. El Paso, served by the Western (federal grid), is doing just fine. For some reason only the Texas grid is crippled by this unusual cold weather.

they have windmills in alaska powering any major cities? the swedes are using solar?

the closest thing we have that has a high enough net energy gain for a real population is hydroelectric, perhaps geothermal in a select number of areas. Unless you count nuclear as a potential green energy, you will not sustain a large population with enough power to live a modern lifestyle.

only 12% of Texas power is "green", so thank heavens the other 88% provided by traditional coal, oil and gas is working so faultlessly ...oh, wait.....

Last Edited:
It is going to be boom times for plumbers in Texas and the surrounding areas that are totally unprepared for extended periods of cold weather, there will be so many cracked water pipes.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top