JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In the past week I have seen several people trying to get individuals to sign a petition to get two ballot measure approved do that they will be put on the WA State ballot for a public vote.

In both cases the individuals have signs that say "protect your gun rights.". . . BUT. . . One of the ballot measures is to "eliminate the gunshow loophole" and require background checks on all gun purchases." All in the name of keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

Has anybody seen this? Anybody have more details? Is this a legit pro-gun group or is that a group of antis, pretending to be pro-gun?

Thanks!

The group peddling I594 is definitely anti gun. However anyone pushing I591 is a good guy, make sure you sign that one and tell I594 people to shove it

The wife was fooled by some people pushing I594 as well claiming it was to protect gun rights. I told her those people were pushing anti gun petitions and tried to get more info from her but she was too upset to remember anything she thought she was doing something good and was mad she got duped. They were at Wal-Mart on 164th in Lynnwood last Monday at 2pm

Luckily she is not registered to vote, I was going to try and get her registered but now I'll wait until after the deadline to collect signatures

The wife was fooled by some people pushing I594 as well claiming it was to protect gun rights. I told her those people were pushing anti gun petitions and tried to get more info from her but she was too upset to remember anything she thought she was doing something good and was mad she got duped. They were at Wal-Mart on 164th in Lynnwood last Monday at 2pm

Luckily she is not registered to vote, I was going to try and get her registered but now I'll wait until after the deadline to collect signatures

That's where I signed they I591 a few weeks ago. The guy their claimed not to be a gun owner though. Papers were legit.

That's where I signed they I591 a few weeks ago. The guy their claimed not to be a gun owner though. Papers were legit.

Interesting, I was unaware anyone was out collecting I591 signatures I thought it was being done at gun shows and gun stores, maybe someone was just volunteering although it's odd that they are not a gun owner. Wife might not be in trouble after all

In addition to the guy at the Firstenburg Community Center, we had a guy at the Battle Ground Harvest Festival parade this weekend walking up and down the parade route collecting signatures for both measures.

I asked him how banning private sales would "protect our gun rights" and he said that "it would still allow certain types of privates sales" and that "it would protect our gun rights by keeping guns out of the hands of criminals". .

I told him he was full of ** and that he was lying to people and collecting signatures under false pretense . .

I have to wonder now if the people collecting signatures for both measures actually plan on turning in the forms for 591. That would be a slick way to neuter the other side. Collect signature so people think they signed, and then not turn them in. . Not saying that this is actually happening. . . But I have to wonder. . .

Over on the WA Guns forum, the flag has been raised as well. One of the members ran into a guy with a stack of 594 petitions who was posing as a Marine vet, and had a giant sign that said PROTECT OUR GUN RIGHTS.

The member confirmed that he was indeed pushing the 594 / WAGR petition, but by the time he went back to get photos/video, the guy had gone.

WaGuns.org - View topic - I-594 Petition Drive lying @ Centralia Antique Street Fair

NOTE: Some people at WaGuns.org - Index page are suggesting that someone go talk to the guy while recording the conversation using a cellphone or such. PLEASE NOTE: WA State has a "All parties MUST be informed when recording conversations" law. Recording a conversation EVEN IN PUBLIC could result in criminal charges and open you to a civil lawsuit. So be safe. Take photos, but don't put your self at legal risk. . .

There was a guy at the Vancouver WalMart today with both 591 and 594 petitions. He was telling me to sign both petitions in order to get 594 on the ballot so I could vote against it! I told him what he could do with the 594 petition.

There was a guy at the Vancouver WalMart today with both 591 and 594 petitions. He was telling me to sign both petitions in order to get 594 on the ballot so I could vote against it! I told him what he could do with the 594 petition.
Which Vancouver Wal*Mart? There are four now if you count the one on 192nd.

Anyone can collect signatures, then they might "forget" to turn them in. Most people (me included) won't sign a second one as it would not count and could lead to too many disallowed.

Pretty early for dirty tricks, but nothing surprises me with Emperor Bloomberg and his illegal mayors.

At least someone got a video of them on WA Guns. Next stop, Attorney General's office?

Which Vancouver Wal*Mart? There are four now if you count the one on 192nd.

Anyone can collect signatures, then they might "forget" to turn them in. Most people (me included) won't sign a second one as it would not count and could lead to too many disallowed.

192nd. Yep, it occurred to me that it would be easy for the signature collector to "lose" the pro petition and turn in the anti petition.

Interesting, I was unaware anyone was out collecting I591 signatures I thought it was being done at gun shows and gun stores, maybe someone was just volunteering although it's odd that they are not a gun owner. Wife might not be in trouble after all
I got a petition for I591 stapled in my WAC magazine earlier this month. So, there are lots of them out there.

According to the Columbian editorial today the I594 has raised $750,000 and I591 has raised $13,000. They also back I594 and say it really doesn't matter what you sign as you'll get a chance to vote on them later! The editorial also says it's not illegal to collect for more than one petition.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top