JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Soon the Swiss Army Knife will no longer contain a knife blade. Never carried one myself, just too bulky

Why? Typical woke stuff!

"We're concerned about the increasing regulation of knives due to the violence in the world," said Carl Elsener, the fourth-generation CEO of the family-run company. "In some markets, the blade creates an image of a weapon. I have in mind creating a tool that would be useful for cyclists."

I wonder just how many people have been killed by a SA Knife? Must be thousands of them

I have in mind creating a tool that would be useful for cyclists."
Just wondering from this statement if.....

This is just going to be a specific "knifeless" tool model ...and that the quoted statement does not apply to any of the other models.

Seems to me that it would be pretty stupid to get rid of the knife blade in all of their models.
Andy

DjuHRP7UYAA-GHJ.jpeg

The Swiss bobsled team is not scared.

Just wondering from this statement if.....

This is just going to be a specific "knifeless" tool model ...and that the quoted statement does not apply to any of the other models.

Seems to me that it would be pretty stupid to get rid of the knife blade in all of their models.
Andy
The speaker is the 4th generation of the family. Probably never had to work for a living. Just another woke CEO. I've carried a pocket knife for 30+ years. Used them for work, yard work, fence repair, in my truck, etc etc etc. Never had cause to attack someone with one. Think this idea here is just stupid. Lots of other choices that will come to mind instead of one of these. Maybe if one got dropped into a hiking/hunting pack it could be useful. Daily use? No, probably get broken

Soon the Swiss Army Knife will no longer contain a knife blade. Never carried one myself, just too bulky

Why? Typical woke stuff!

"We're concerned about the increasing regulation of knives due to the violence in the world," said Carl Elsener, the fourth-generation CEO of the family-run company. "In some markets, the blade creates an image of a weapon. I have in mind creating a tool that would be useful for cyclists."

I wonder just how many people have been killed by a SA Knife? Must be thousands of them
One'll gut a Mule Deer just fine.:cool:

From the CNN article:
For example, increasing concern over the prevalence of knife crime means that the British government is considering new legislation on bladed articles, and Elsener himself referenced the country's rules.

"In England or certain Asian countries, you are sometimes only allowed to carry a knife if you need to have it to do your job or operate outdoors," said Elsener. "In the city, however, when you go to school, to the cinema, or to go shopping, carrying pocketknives is severely restricted."

For example, increasing concern over the prevalence of knife crime means that the British government is considering new legislation on bladed articles, and Elsener himself referenced the country's rules.
Isn't that part of the reason we got the hell out of that joint 200 plus years ago?

A Government By The Government
Of The Government
For The Government.

The speaker is the 4th generation of the family. Probably never had to work for a living. Just another woke CEO. I've carried a pocket knife for 30+ years. Used them for work, yard work, fence repair, in my truck, etc etc etc. Never had cause to attack someone with one. Think this idea here is just stupid. Lots of other choices that will come to mind instead of one of these. Maybe if one got dropped into a hiking/hunting pack it could be useful. Daily use? No, probably get broken
I see...
At the end of the day...I really don't care one way or the other.

For those that do care...
It seems like it is only a few models...and not the whole line up...which is what I was getting at.
Andy

Last Edited:
What are they going to call it, the Swiss Army Spoon? Wait... Swiss Army anything - isn't that a weapon of war? Just the kind of crap we are trying to get off the streets! Go Victorinox!

If you read the article they state they lost 30% of their sales after 9/11 and more and more countries are restricting the carry of knives so they are ADDING a line that doesn't have a knife on it….

IE it doesn't effect anyone in the states so who cares.

Sounds like a good business decision to me, but I'm not the CEO of anything so maybe it's stupid for all I know.

I have carried a Victorinox Explorer model Swiss army knife for over 40 years. In that time I have own two of them and replaced the scales on the second one once. I would estimate I have used other then one of the two knife blades at least 95% of the time.
Scissors
Magnifying Lens
Tweezers
Toothpick
And the two screwdrivers
Get the most use.

Of course I also carry a Spyderco Byrd for pokie sticky things.

Oh and you all know Victorinox makes like 40 different models of these knives. So coming up with a couple models for pansy countries is just hood business.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR