Utah concealed carry class - Champion Arms

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by toro1966, Feb 19, 2011.

1. toro1966

toro1966 Member

1   0   0
    Took the class today. Here are my thoughts:
    - Course is pricey. 109.50 including tax for the course. This does include your picture. Fingerprints are $15.00 (even though their website says $10). Plus the $65.25 for Utah. Plus whatever ammo you need. You can bring your own but you are required to shoot 15 rounds into a paper plate at 25 ft. So total was $189.75.
    - This was not my first concealed course, but I did enjoy it. Learned some new stuff and it is tailored to what Utah requires. Rick is very knowledgable and very well prepared for the course.
    - Though Oregon is not included as part of the course, your certificate is good for Oregon's requirement. You just need to finish the application process on your own.
    - When you leave the range, Rick ensures you have everything you need completed for the Utah permit. He submits it for you.

Overall I would say it's a good course and would recommend it.
  2. tlfreek

tlfreek Active Member

29   0   0
    funny.. I took the utah course last week. no shooting, just 2 to 3 hour safety lecture. The course included everything needed fingerprints, passport photo - everything for 80 bucks at Threat Dynamics.
  3. toro1966

toro1966 Member

1   0   0
    Yeah - the course was definitely pricey. Unfortunately I had already prepaid for my spot before I found other cheaper alternatives....

That said, the course is a full 6 hours and although somewhat repetitive for anyone with some experience, I still learned a good bit with respect to Utah specifics.

The shooting portion is instructor requirement - not Utah requirement.