JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ordered plate carriers, no plates. At the UPS distribution site in Oregon, status changes to on hold, government inspection.

Called for clarification, UPS states the federal government holds up a bunch of packages once or twice a week to search for drugs.

Received package and it was never opened, so guess they just x rayed it.

Just a FYI, your rights eroding away.

Other than them making it take a delay I could care less. Does make me wonder exactly how many people we are paying to do this. Chances are its some HUGE cost created by inventing another agency they will forever need more money every year to do nothing. :mad:

Is that why my jolly green giant imitation sex toy got delayed last month?
Bad-Dragon-Emblem-1.png

If you send boxes of poop regularly, eventually someone is gonna steal one and open it up. Combine it with a glitter bomb and...

If you send boxes of poop regularly, eventually someone is gonna steal one and open it up. Combine it with a glitter bomb and...
Neighbor surveying the cardboard all over the lawn: "What the hell was in the package?"
TTSX: "Firecracker, microswitch, 9 volt battery, improvised electric fuse."
"Anything else?"
"Half pound of doberman poop."
"Now I see it. You put some work into that."
"Keeping the poop soft was the trickiest part."

Is that why my jolly green giant imitation sex toy got delayed last month?
Your priorities might be a little skewed. If mine was gooberment inspected I would be less concerned about the delay in transit than I would about... "deflowering residuals".

Ordered plate carriers, no plates. At the UPS distribution site in Oregon, status changes to on hold, government inspection.

Called for clarification, UPS states the federal government holds up a bunch of packages once or twice a week to search for drugs.

Received package and it was never opened, so guess they just x rayed it.

Just a FYI, your rights eroding away.
Which "rights" are "eroded" here? Inspection of mail for contraband is as old hat as mail itself.

Which "rights" are "eroded" here? Inspection of mail for contraband is as old hat as mail itself.
I'd argue the 4th amendment specifically because this is UPS, a private business, and not a government entity like USPS. This is a fishing expedition without a license (warrant) because there exists no reasonable suspicion that the random packages they are inspecting contain contraband. If, however, a LE agency were to have credible intelligence on a package containing contraband, AND obtained a warrant, then I could see them searching for it in this manner. However, any contraband they discovered in the process that was not a part of the warrant would not be allowed as evidence against an unrelated party.

Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure the SCOTUS disagrees with me on this, but they're not always correct in their interpretations (see, "Chevron Doctrine").

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top