JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stopped by Bimart in Hillsboro off TV highway and saw that True Velocity now has their plastic case ammo for sale. This is the same style stuff they have on trial for the militaries NGSW rifle program. Neat to see it's available for us already.

20211210_122059.jpg

The guy that showed it to me said that the target market is guys that carry a lot of ammo on person. Because of the greatly reduced weight. Also said that the gun should run cooler because the plastic does not conduct heat well.

I am neither an Operator nor a LARPER, so I'm out!

Stopped by Bimart in Hillsboro off TV highway and saw that True Velocity now has their plastic case ammo for sale. This is the same style stuff they have on trial for the militaries NGSW rifle program. Neat to see it's available for us already.

View attachment 1086499

I see that they have it priced like the government is buying it, just like those $600 toilet seats and $800 claw hammers.

The empty velocity of my wallet would change from false to true if I played that game...

Speaking of, did they have any 9mm?

-Robert
They had some 25 round boxes of self defense for 15$ or so a box. And some 50 round boxes of a brand i haven't seen before for almost 24$ a box.

I wonder why it took so long to bring this stuff to market.

I know there was plastic cased .38 Special back in the 70's but it didn't last long.

I don't know of anybody who carries so much ammo they need to spend this much to conserve weight however.

I'll probably buy a box and shoot a couple rounds for fun. $3/round isn't that bad, especially if compared to premium match or hunting ammo.

I wonder why it took so long to bring this stuff to market.

I know there was plastic cased .38 Special back in the 70's but it didn't last long.

I don't know of anybody who carries so much ammo they need to spend this much to conserve weight however.
My emergency tactical vest carries 280 rounds of 5.56 at the moment, but not at $3 per round.

This thread reads like people who are willing to buy a corvette for 100 grand, then bubblegum about the price of premium gas

I'm thinking most of this ammo will never get fired - and only kept as SHTF, 'bug out' ammo.
A lot like premium hollow point ammo that gets covered in sweat and greasey goo but never used while we "train" with different weight FMJ from a different brand all from our $700 pitols in a $20 holster on a $10 belt.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top