JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I never figured you for a lover of playing pasture pool!

I can picture the chicanery of you out there on the green right now…… beer on tap in the bag.

View attachment 1880871

I used to be pretty good. Contrary to what you might assume from my moniker, I was in pretty good shape up until my second heart attack.

It's not really a proper golf outing if shenanigans of some sort are not employed. Our group has actually joked about that very Caddyshack scene. We used to employ some creative solutions to bringing outside alcohol onto the course. Nowadays you can get a bag with an integral cooler, so of course I have one of them now.

I used to be pretty good. Contrary to what you might assume from my moniker, I was in pretty good shape up until my second heart attack.

It's not really a proper golf outing if shenanigans of some sort are not employed. Our group has actually joked about that very Caddyshack scene. We used to employ some creative solutions to bringing outside alcohol onto the course. Nowadays you can get a bag with an integral cooler, so of course I have one of them now.
I never envisioned anyone on the golf course as "swole", let alone deriving one's fitness, or level of perspiration from a screen name…..

except for @solv3nt when I bought a laser range-finder from him…. he smelt of elderberries!

:D

I never envisioned anyone on the golf course as "swole", let alone deriving one's fitness, or level of perspiration from a screen name…..

except for @solv3nt when I bought a laser range-finder from him…. he smelt of elderberries!

:D
Fitness helps your golf game more than most folks think. Conversely, much like sex, you don't have to be really good at it to enjoy it. So while it was important to me, it clearly isn't to everyone. I used a hand cart even on some very hilly courses. It's great exercise and you can do more drinking and shenanigans if you're not just lounging around in a power cart all day. :)

Back on topic, never leave valuables in the car anywhere you're not both familiar and comfortable with.

As a golfer, I have a hard-sided travel case that my golf bag goes into.

View attachment 1880869

It has wheels. You might be able to find a used one for $50 - $75. No avid golfer is going to leave his clubs in the car overnight.

That garment bag seems like a pretty good idea too.
I kinda like this idea. Especially if it has wheels! My neighbor is an avid golfer. I think I'll ask him if he has one that I can check out. See how many soft rifle cases I can fit in it. If it works good, then I'll buy one for future use.

Thanks. Agreed. Just a good friend was pointing out to me that rifle cases really get a lot of unwanted attention these days. That just got me over thinking things.
Just remember, if they find out about your firearms and ask you to leave, you best leave. Otherwise you could get some really nasty trespassing charges. Depends on the states though, you should look into it prior to leaving. Some states consider a sign the rule of law. Whereas Oregon does not and requires you to be verbally asked to leave.

Vegas is pretty much non permissive on firearms in rooms now; I would do the locked golf club case if going there. If they find out you have guns, expect security to show up and demand they store them for you.

I once bought the cheapest sleeping bag I could find and carried a rifle in and out of a motel with the rifle case inside the sleeping bag. I think all it did was call attention to the fact I was transporting something I didn't want attention called to.

The golf case and the garment bag both sound like a much better solution.

Vegas is pretty much non permissive on firearms in rooms now; I would do the locked golf club case if going there. If they find out you have guns, expect security to show up and demand they store them for you.
If the hotel doesn't want you to bring guns, don't bring guns. I'm pretty sure you're not the type, but please don't use our suggestions to sneak into a place where you're not wanted.

I'm looking at a hunting trip a few states over. If I go, I'm thinking I will do it in 2 overnight stops to get there. I would be bringing two rifles in a double rifle case. I was just curious if those of you who travel bring your rifle cases into the hotel at night?

I have a pickup with a locking metal canopy. One friend suggested just stashing it in the front of the bed under stuff. Another friend suggested just hauling them into the hotel through a side door.

Years ago, no one cared. Now I wonder if old ladies will scream and faint in the lobby if they see a rifle case.

What do you guys do? Thanks!

I kinda like this idea. Especially if it has wheels! My neighbor is an avid golfer. I think I'll ask him if he has one that I can check out. See how many soft rifle cases I can fit in it. If it works good, then I'll buy one for future use.
Big rolling golf travel bag?
3 cased rifles easy.
👍👍

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR