JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know about where you live, but we got hit by a thunderstorm just now, dumped 1/2" of rain in just one hr
so i grabbed my 10/22 with the TLR-2 illuminator, jumped in our Kubota RTV and drove over to the range on our neighbors property - in the monsoon - in the dark
pulled up to the 100 yrd mark and aimed the 10/22 through the open window on the passenger side of the cab
first the light illuminated the range for the 100 yrds and lite up the targets with no problem - in a monsoon downpour
then I turn off the light and just used the green laser - in the monsoon
I had no problem seeing the green laser on the yellow IPSC full size yellow target

now a coyote or cougar at that distance - then I turn on the light and laser option - can't hide from a Streamlight

10_22 Carbine_1.JPG

on a side note, I drove over to the range in my Kubota in a thunderstorm - fiberglass cab on all terrain rubber tires - no fear

so I'm sitting on the 100 yrd mark which is on a bench on the South slope of the valley, with a 500 ft gradual grade down to the river
on a clear day, one can see over to the hills in Cowlitz County
so Lightning lights up the sky - and for a brief instant in the dark- I can see 5 miles across the valley to the hills in Cowlitz
an amazing experience !!!

I have a TLR-2 on my 10/22 racoon rifle
have a TLR-1 on my AR 6.5 Grendel carbine
have one on my Frankin Glock 9mm (G22 9mm conversion)
have one on my HK VP9
so how many TLR-1 does one need?

P1030923.JPG

I have a few Streamlights, two are WMLs. They work fine. I've had no problems with them at all. Their handheld lights, to me, really need a feature upgrade. More light levels would be a for sure starter.

on the right front of the free float hand guard
you just flick your finger up on your left hand to turn it on
Ah ok. No wonder I couldn't find it haha. Mind posting another picture to show how its mounted?

you must be a rich man
back when I was working as an engineer making $150K a year, i could afford Nightforce and Leopold
now, as a retired pensioner, I can afford Vortex
I have one Vortex in the safe. One of their cheapie Crossfire series. It's been good to go. I also owned a PST GenII at one point and it was GTG as well.

I think Leupold has clearer glass for the same price point though.

you must be a rich man
back when I was working as an engineer making $150K a year, i could afford Nightforce and Leopold
now, as a retired pensioner, I can afford Vortex
I bust my a$$. I also have a limited amount of guns/accessories. I'd rather have quality over quantity. But that's me. I'm also dumping money in my 401k and Roth to make sure I'm not strapped when I retire.

I have one Vortex in the safe. One of their cheapie Crossfire series. It's been good to go. I also owned a PST GenII at one point and it was GTG as well.

I think Leupold has clearer glass for the same price point though.
AHHH - what grade of Leopold?

my old 3.5x10 target scope from 1992 is a fine scope
but I have a new Leopold 3x9 AR scope that is a POS

I bust my a$$. I also have a limited amount of guns/accessories. I'd rather have quality over quantity. But that's me. I'm also dumping money in my 401k and Roth to make sure I'm not strapped when I retire.
finances are not the problem, priorities are
I spent more on my Kubota RTV that I have on any 10 rifles or scopes
but that is my priority now
hauling gravel and firewood now is of higher priority
this puppy has a full cab and heater, with a dump bed and tow hitch
in 4WD granny low, it can crawl up wet clay grades that even defeat my Chevy 4WD pickup

852443C9-(1).jpg

finances are not the problem, priorities are
I spent more on my Kubota RTV that I have on any 10 rifles or scopes
but that is my priority now
hauling gravel and firewood now is of higher priority
this puppy has a full cab and heater, with a dump bed and tow hitch
in 4WD granny low, it can crawl up wet clay grades that even defeat my Chevy 4WD pickup

View attachment 1738993
We all have different priorities and are at different stages in our lives. We all get to choose how we spend our money. Nothing wrong with that.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top