JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Edit: Fixed, no further need for help.

I messed up and am looking for some help please.

I watched a youtube video like this to help swap out a tikka bolt handle;

I've got my old handle separated from bolt. Had trouble getting the new one on. In the process, my wrench came out of the firing pin slot that was holding the pin from compressing forward.

Now i can't get my handle aligned proper because the pin is forward. I can't back the pin out... because there's no handle. Any ideas how to fix? Should I just clamp and pull the firing pin back out a bit to get it aligned to recieve handle?

The third picture shows my girlfriends tikka bolt without the firing pin forward. How do I get the firing pin in an open position when I can't get it back into rifle and racked?

Thanks in advance.

1000002610.jpg 1000002611.jpg

Last Edited:
Messing with springs can be tough. All parts present notwithstanding, If the collar and retaining clip on the firing pin is still intact, you must compress the spring some to reinsert the allen needed to retain the tension, plus for leverage needed to eventually recock the piece but AFTER you have the cocking piece, aligned with the bolt body, so you can insert the bolt handle. How you compress the spring might take some figuring on your part. If not aligned correctly you won't be able to install the shroud.
Best for you; I suggest you move beyond the handle replacement aspect and look online for T3 exploded bolt drawings, or better yet info, on replacing the firing pin spring which will give you better insight as to its function. Once you know how things work, eases the rest considerably.
Don't use pliers, make no burrs on the cocking piece or cocking ramp, especially where the sear contacts.
Leave firing pin and internal parts clean but not oiled.

Messing with springs can be tough. All parts present notwithstanding, If the collar and retaining clip on the firing pin is still intact, you must compress the spring some to reinsert the allen needed to retain the tension, plus for leverage needed to eventually recock the piece but AFTER you have the cocking piece, aligned with the bolt body, so you can insert the bolt handle. How you compress the spring might take some figuring on your part. If not aligned correctly you won't be able to install the shroud.
Best for you; I suggest you move beyond the handle replacement aspect and look online for T3 exploded bolt drawings, or better yet info, on replacing the firing pin spring which will give you better insight as to its function. Once you know how things work, eases the rest considerably.
Don't use pliers, make no burrs on the cocking piece or cocking ramp, especially where the sear contacts.
Leave firing pin and internal parts clean but not oiled.
Good advice, thank you

I did this a few weeks ago and twisted the wrong way. Pain in the bubblegum but got it set. Now I have an awesome new bolt handle. Hope you do to. Tikka supremacy!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews