JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_5237.JPG Tikka T3 in 308 with MDT chassis. Magpul furniture and a folding unit, also from MDT. Barrel has been threaded, and added a 20moa base.

The trigger on this rifle is phenomenal, very impressive for a stock gun. The action is incredibly smooth as well.

I haven't shot this rifle a lot yet, but at a recent class I made good hits out to 1,000 yards with it.

I wanted a light weight gun that can reach out to the limits of the cartridge/shooter, something that could be carried comfortably for miles as well as stowed as compactly as possible. So far I'm very happy with it. Looking forward to running this through its paces more.

Did you weigh the barreled action alone, by any chance? And a final weight? I'm looking at the MDT LSS for a Howa build. I'd like to have a walking coyote rifle, but with a 6.5lb (24" heavy barrel) action, that may be tough!

I'm traveling and don't know the weight off the top of my head. I can tell you that the MDT piece is about as light as you can find. V7 sells a lightweight buffer tube ($) and you can find lighter buttstocks. If you leave the folder off it will shed weight as well.

A Leupold scope will also keep weight down. I have a Vortex and they are heavy.