JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And you don't have to do the digital coupon kabuki dance for bulk barley, rice, oxtails, greens, etc etc either. coupons are just to get you in the door. Good food is cheap, all things considered.
That is true and usually less impacted by inflation. I am cutting back on carbs for a while. I will be adding some more veggies to my diet even though they are a rip off, but will focus on frozen varieties of mixed vegetables which don't seem as effected by inflation.

Actual, healthy food at the grocery store is way more expensive than an $8 whopper.

prices, aside, fast food is not the only unhealthy choice. Sure you get glyphosate dessicated wheat ingredients in the buns, or tortillas, to cause cancer, and metabolic conditions from that food in general, also likely to kill you. You can't find any quick, healthy alternatives without poring over the ingredients list.

Today, I found canola oil in New Seasons fresh salsa. Also today, baking soda was an ingredient in the 7-Eleven brand, bottled, purified water.

Pringles contain cottonseed oil, as do the pies you buy at a homemade pie shop off the 26W.

Could be better off with a cigarette & a coffee, skipping the meal.

We have a choice to pay the inflated prices or not. We choose how we live, where we live, what we live in, what we buy, etc.

Our entire economic system relies on inflation to continue functioning. My life probably doesn't seem glamorous to most but I choose to spend my money on stuff less effected by inflation. Inflation is necessary and is supported by people buying stuff, especially in areas with inflated prices. If inflation really bothers a person, buying less stuff might help ease their burden.

Last Edited:
Actual, healthy food at the grocery store is way more expensive than an $8 whopper.

prices, aside, fast food is not the only unhealthy choice. Sure you get glyphosate dessicated wheat ingredients in the buns, or tortillas, to cause cancer, and metabolic conditions from that food in general, also likely to kill you. You can't find any quick, healthy alternatives without poring over the ingredients list.

Today, I found canola oil in New Seasons fresh salsa. Also today, baking soda was an ingredient in the 7-Eleven brand, bottled, purified water.

Pringles contain cottonseed oil, as do the pies you buy at a homemade pie shop off the 26W.

A bowl of boiled whole grains will be cheap and "healthy". If you are worried about round up or similar than good luck finding cheap healthy food.

FF Deflation alert!

1000003022.jpg

Lol, "actual healthy food" doesn't have an ingredients list, it is the ingredient.

Back in the day street tacos in L.A. were $1 each and they were damn good.
I think it was called, Snappy Tacos, in La Puente, CA. It had 4 bean burritos or 4 tacos for $1 in the early 80s. Me and my friend would split the cost and get a drink because we could barely afford the sub $1 gal gas for the drive to school.

When I got my first real job at Del Taco, we has to sort 50 lb bags of beans because they still had pebbles and dirt. Then we had to wash and pressure cook them. At least it was fresh, real food. They let 15-16 yo do it.

It's easy, at this point I am one of those people who will demonstrate my reaction to outrageous minimum wage laws.

No more fast food for me.

Their products are worth what people are willing to pay, period.

I still eat out, but for what fast food is charging you can do far better for a little more elsewhere.

No. That one is on 82nd Ave.
I was thinking about the original.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hung_Far_Low_(restaurant)

Not trying to be corrective, just that when I moved to "Portland" from a semi rural small town, 12 miles from the Utah state capital, in '83 as a 27 YO it was pretty darned exiting! A lot of new sights and things here. Never would have thought you'd see such a name on an restaurant. Down-town SLC was pretty tame compared to here.

An LA Whopper cost about 1 & 1/2 two topping large pizzas.

View attachment 1868971
I would "suspect" the price will vary a LOT in the state. A lot of the price of even chain fast food depends on where the place is. Different locations have to not only pay the cost of the wages but the cost of just having the shack to make the stuff. I notice the ads I see here always have some disclaimer in fine print about not all locations blah, blah. Always figured this is due to some of the places are in a location where they could not sell for the same price and keep the doors open.

I would "suspect" the price will vary a LOT in the state. A lot of the price of even chain fast food depends on where the place is. Different locations have to not only pay the cost of the wages but the cost of just having the shack to make the stuff. I notice the ads I see here always have some disclaimer in fine print about not all locations blah, blah. Always figured this is due to some of the places are in a location where they could not sell for the same price and keep the doors open.
Caught a little bit of a news story about fast food chains considering a congestion pricing kind of thing. Get that burger and fries for $5.00 at 10:00 in the morning and $12.00 during lunch rush. Personally, being the frugal bastage I am, would not buy the stuff at peak time. I'd only get the stuff off-peak if I was going to get it.

Caught a little bit of a news story about fast food chains considering a congestion pricing kind of thing. Get that burger and fries for $5.00 at 10:00 in the morning and $12.00 during lunch rush. Personally, being the frugal bastage I am, would not buy the stuff at peak time. I'd only get the stuff off-peak if I was going to get it.
Don't pay a lot of attention to them but last I heard Wendy's was floating that idea and got a HUGE backlash. So they gave up on it. Don't know if any of the others have decided to try that.

A bowl of boiled whole grains will be cheap and "healthy". If you are worried about round up or similar than good luck finding cheap healthy food.
I know there are some places online my wife has found where you can get a list of the foods to avoid being Monsanto'd. They'll usually make suggestions of brands that have a more conscientious approach to food production.

I order the same thing every time at McDonalds. 2 hamburgers, a large fries and a large diet coke. I eat there once or twice a week especially if I am travelling for work. The price was around $6-$7 two to three years ago. Now it ranges from $10 to $12 depending on where Im at. The franchisees do not have uniform pricing and why would they?

An LA Whopper cost about 1 & 1/2 two topping large pizzas.

View attachment 1868971
Since those are Uber Eats prices, doesn't that include the fees?

I say that because at In-N-Out in LA County as of a week ago (according to a photo from an LA In-N-Out google page), a Double Double combo is $10.45. Just the burger is $5.90. I can't imagine that BK is charging the same price for a single Whopper that In-N-Out is for a Double Double combo.

Since those are Uber Eats prices, doesn't that include the fees?

I say that because at In-N-Out in LA County as of a week ago (according to a photo from an LA In-N-Out google page), a Double Double combo is $10.45. Just the burger is $5.90. I can't imagine that BK is charging the same price for a single Whopper that In-N-Out is for a Double Double combo.
Makes me glad that I just can't eat as much as I used to. I'm stuffed with a McDouble and split a large fry with Wifey.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top