JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know it's not the healthiest choice, but I've been known to indulge in the occasional fast food binge every now and then.

Back in the day (late 90s), I could do so for a few bucks, because Burger King Whoppers were 99 cents.

I went by BK the other day for the first time in years, and - lo and behold, the Whopper is now more than $8… for just the sandwich

WOW.

View attachment 1852719
1711726755433.png

Bruce

I've never been to a chik fil a.. heard good things but recently heard that their chicken sandwich was like $20? so probably never will.
DAMN! I have not yet been to one either. Have heard they make a great sandwich but if its that high? I doubt I will want to. One of my bosses pulled what I thought was a dick move while back. He got back in town, was hungry, had not been to a fast food joint in a while. Stops at Subway, orders sandwich and bag of chips. After they made it the price was $20. He was shocked and told the kid he was not paying that and walked out. Went to the store and bought stuff to make one. I agree with him the price was too high but, while he was standing there placing the order the price of stuff was not hidden. He just did not bother to look. So now they have to toss the sandwich they made.

Just looked up a Five Guys meal

Cheeseburger, fries and a drink $20.27 with tax, wife and I would go there pre-rona and eat for under $30
Wife and I went to one here last night. This time we both ordered the "small burger" which means 1 patty. I got a bacon she got plain with lots of stuff , 1 fry and 2 drinks. I did not catch what she paid but IIRC it was close to $30. Burger was GREAT though. I can't make one at home that tastes any better. So certainly not something I am going to do a lot. As a now and then treat? Great. Last time I got a meal for her and I at a MCd's it was years ago. Even then it was like $20 which shocked me. When I got to her work with the food I ended up feeding a good portion of mine to the local crows as I just could not eat it. I have to guess those long lines at these places are people with FAR less critical taste's than I. Hell why not, if people are willing to pay that for that kind of food? I guess we will still have the burger joints all over town. :s0092:

I ate fast food on my long road trips, and I believe my last one was about 14 years ago. I used to have a winter place in Mexico on the Caribbean, and I remember going to a Burger King with some Australians in Play del Carmen. The beef down there was a lot more lean, so it tasted different.

Now that I'm in my mid 60s, I cook all my own meals. I like fresh caught fish, and beef from my rancher friends. The only thing I miss are the French Fries.

It's nuts how expensive fast food really is now. McDonald's took away their dollar menu and jacked their prices up and they wonder why people aren't going there as often. It isn't rocket science, if I'm paying out the a$$ for a burger, I might as well go to a full service place.
Plus the whole tipped wage thing is weird to me, like I'm not responsible for a business to pay their wages to their employees.
When I worked at a local fish and chip place in high school before I joined the USAF, WA min wage was $8.65 per hour at that time.

Of folks saying "I really don't eat fast food, BUT...."

Up until the last few months 'fast food' was maybe 2 or 3 times a month. Now I just want something home cooked, with real ingredients.

I'm not saying every meal is GMO free, organic, free range sustainable brown rice, just want my bacon and potatoes to be real :D

Up until the last few months 'fast food' was maybe 2 or 3 times a month. Now I just want something home cooked, with real ingredients.

I'm not saying every meal is GMO free, organic, free range sustainable brown rice, just want my bacon and potatoes to be real :D
I love potatoes, and they're one of the easiest things to grow and keep. They're like the perfect survival food.

I also grow corn, but it's basically chicken food, and I eat the eggs and the chickens.

I'm overrun with squirrels, and they go great with squirrel/potato stew, maybe a little bit of corn for texture.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top