JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently there was various posts about supplying family, friends or neighbors with a gun.

I've got my own opinion on handing out firearms to people, and although I definitely wouldn't advise it in most cases because if they haven't already done their due diligence already in advance acquire at least one, it's unlikely they would have any skill with them to actually be helpful during the theoretical need for them anyway. Regardless… It isn't bad to have an extra AR or two to enjoy, and here was an example of the very easy, for not too much money, way that could be accomplished. If I entertained the idea of having some guns to hand out during a theoretical need, this would be what I would consider doing.

0C6D993A-68C7-43ED-8278-D57B79E98BB9.png 58CD62FD-C65A-4E9C-B865-23ADF046B10C.png 9CD20867-F801-4FBB-A04E-B34372A04BFA.png
Now, personally for $20 more I'd happily do the lower with the magpul furniture, but for the absolute budget minded people out there, I included the classic furniture offering as well.

$300+$119+$25 transfer on lower + sales tax = about $488.40

So basically $500 for something to sit in the safe "in case of emergency," there are far more expensive insurance policies / wastes of money compared to this.

if they haven't already done their due diligence already in advance acquire at least one, it's unlikely they would have any skill with them to actually be helpful during the theoretical need for them anyway
Yea...as far as I'm concerned, if they haven't acquired their own firearms they are probably more of a danger to themselves and myself if I give them one they aren't familiar with.

But yea the PSA stuff isn't terrible for a last resort firearm. They won't win you any 3gun competitions and their triggers feel like hot trash, but they will work. Their QC has gotten better over the years as well. I've run about 1000 rounds through a PSA upper with one of their FN reject barrels and it shoots decent out to a 100 yards with an LPVO. Not gonna shoot sub-moa but it would hit a center-mass silhoutte target no problem.

My BAD.

My first read of your post......I thought you were trying to drum up some business.

Anyway.....LOL.....how you gonna do the transfer papers (in a SHTF situation)? Not to mention the "enhanced" restrictions on assault rifles.
sarcasm_detector.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Is there an equivilant in the AK-47 world? I've always considered the AK the weapon for the weaponless for some reason. I don't keep up with them though, so I'm not sure if they can still be had for peanuts these days.

Yea...as far as I'm concerned, if they haven't acquired their own firearms they are probably more of a danger to themselves and myself if I give them one they aren't familiar with.

But yea the PSA stuff isn't terrible for a last resort firearm. They won't win you any 3gun competitions and their triggers feel like hot trash, but they will work. Their QC has gotten better over the years as well. I've run about 1000 rounds through a PSA upper with one of their FN reject barrels and it shoots decent out to a 100 yards with an LPVO. Not gonna shoot sub-moa but it would hit a center-mass silhoutte target no problem.
While not arguing other manufacturers can/do have legs up on build quality or accuracy. I'd imagine some of the higher level competitors could still win even with a lesser quality rifle in many competitions except for the absolutely highest levels of competitors.

When we are talking about accuracy for example, a Sub MOA gun and a 2-3 MOA gun can still hit the same 6 inch steel plate at 100 yards assuming the rifleman is doing their part and then anything up close accuracy isn't that big of a component that those differences mean as much.

Then when we talk about triggers, most discerning AR owners never stick with the mil-spec single stage trigger anyway. But for the "emergency handout rifle" it wouldn't make a difference to the unprepared.

Long story short, everyone buy what they want, and if you are financially set up that you want to do all Knights Armament for multiple rifles, or prefer to go the route of Palmetto, either way is cool. :)

Is there an equivilant in the AK-47 world? I've always considered the AK the weapon for the weaponless for some reason. I don't keep up with them though, so I'm not sure if they can still be had for peanuts these days.
I'm not as familiar with budget AK brands. I know guys who are into AK's far more than I am have some very specific opinions on what is acceptable vs unacceptable in terms of build quality or names to buy or avoid.

But supposedly the Gen 3 AK line from palmetto is stout. AK operators union has done a high volume test fire of them and apparently they passed.

9D83C5A9-93B4-42FB-8EF6-BBD3315409D8.png

I'm not out fitting those that don't have the tools and skill set to fight. They can help in other ways like tend the wounded and supply the troops.
This is my feeling as well.

On the other hand, I could see handing an extra rifle to a family member for extra force. SHTF is no time to get petty about who didn't do what beforehand.

Recently there was various posts about supplying family, friends or neighbors with a gun.

I've got my own opinion on handing out firearms to people, and although I definitely wouldn't advise it in most cases because if they haven't already done their due diligence already in advance acquire at least one, it's unlikely they would have any skill with them to actually be helpful during the theoretical need for them anyway. Regardless… It isn't bad to have an extra AR or two to enjoy, and here was an example of the very easy, for not too much money, way that could be accomplished. If I entertained the idea of having some guns to hand out during a theoretical need, this would be what I would consider doing.

View attachment 1012753View attachment 1012754View attachment 1012755
Now, personally for $20 more I'd happily do the lower with the magpul furniture, but for the absolute budget minded people out there, I included the classic furniture offering as well.

$300+$119+$25 transfer on lower + sales tax = about $488.40

So basically $500 for something to sit in the safe "in case of emergency," there are far more expensive insurance policies / wastes of money compared to this.
Be sure you at least buy an inexpensive sling and reliable but somewhat inexpensive light as well.

There are any number of possibilities where family & or friends may be caught out without. Mind that the possibilities are pretty unlikely, however they are possible.

I'm speaking of true friends (as in family level trust). Not acquaintances.

We'd help as we could. Just as they would help us, if for whatever unlikely possibility we were to be caught out. Without.

Having "the bases" covered, its nice to have excess. As spares, as alternates, as more specific tools etc. Perhaps as gifts to family & friends caught out. Without.

However, one shouldn't be concerned about such. One iota. Until there "house" is in order. As it were.

IMO

Sign up for PSA emails. They often have sales where a lower and upper are priced where together as a complete the cost would be about $350.

Honestly, I'd just get a few single shot 12 gauges or something in the $100 range to just put aside in this case. Something stupid simple like a single shot and a box of buckshot is plenty nice enough to hand to someone who now all of a sudden realizes a gun might be important.

Gifting one of these and some various self defense loads and hunting loads would be an extremely nice gesture to idiot siblings in an end of the world situation.

Gifting one of these and some various self defense loads and hunting loads would be an extremely nice gesture to idiot siblings in an end of the world situation.

Holy crap...I want one of those just for the novelty and because they are so cheap

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top