JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Cadillac of shotguns!!
I understand the rules of the forum were designed in such a way to keep listing for items being offered for sale here would be "USER FRIENDLY"!
I also agree with them up to a point.
However, there are times it seems a user might have been given the wrong information and I feel they might need some expertise in their listings.
But how does one do that and not break the rules???
I feel like the other member might appreciate some advice and steered into a direction that keeps others from thinking in a negative way from said listing.
I have tried to be politically correct as possible on this situation, but if not... oh well.
Do what you must.
If we can't help other members here in a positive way, why be here.
So I would say that your Cadillac should have the (1) removed in front of the price and hope you find someone to take it down the road.
Mark Sr

The Cadillac of shotguns!!
I understand the rules of the forum were designed in such a way to keep listing for items being offered for sale here would be "USER FRIENDLY"!
I also agree with them up to a point.
However, there are times it seems a user might have been given the wrong information and I feel they might need some expertise in their listings.
But how does one do that and not break the rules???
I feel like the other member might appreciate some advice and steered into a direction that keeps others from thinking in a negative way from said listing.
I have tried to be politically correct as possible on this situation, but if not... oh well.
Do what you must.
If we can't help other members here in a positive way, why be here.
So I would say that your Cadillac should have the (1) removed in front of the price and hope you find someone to take it down the road.
Mark Sr
Well 1200 is a bit stiff but 200 is a bit light for that particular shotgun. The model 12 is probably the best engineered and produced pump action shotgun ever made. I am not sure the Cadillac hyperbole applies but I get what he was aiming for. I have owned a few Including that exact model shotgun. I bought it 20 years ago in good original condition for 375 and sold it 8 or 9 years later for 700. The values have since dropped a bit. Of course higher condition especially with original finishes will command higher prices as well as the rarity which 20 gauge models certainly were compared to the 12's. I would guess that gun is in the $350-500 range with out actually seeing it in person.

Thank you all for resisting criticizing the ad in the sellers "for sale" thread. I would assume that the Remington Model 31 then, is the Rolls Royce of shotguns, and worthy of a $2,000 sale price. :)

Last Edited:
However, there are times it seems a user might have been given the wrong information and I feel they might need some expertise in their listings. Is it wrong information or opinionated information?
But how does one do that and not break the rules??? If it contains incorrect information I don't believe it is or at least I've done it multiple times and I've never had a PM or comment from a mod not to do it.
I feel like the other member might appreciate some advice and steered into a direction that keeps others from thinking in a negative way from said listing. Someone's ad is not the place and, as you mention, against the rules (for a reason I might add). There is also a thing called being an informed consumer.
And many do consider the Winchester Model 12 to be "The Cadillac of Shotguns"

Popularity of used guns can run in fads or phases. This happened with Model 12 Winchesters. Prices adjusted for inflation have declined since peaking a couple of decades or more ago. Examples with US military markings are still popular. Condition has everything to do with price on these.

Rare grades and gauges can still be expensive.

My guess as to the decline in popularity of the pre-64 Mod 12's, the fading nostalgia factor. Meaning, the guys who craved these as young men are now mostly dead. Analogy: Restored Model T Fords were hot in the 1950's and 60's, now not so much. Because the guys in the 1950-60's who wanted to relive their childhoods in a Model T are dead.

Side note: Many of the military marked Model 12's were used for gunnery practice in the Army Air Forces, not as combat weapons.

So,
You're saying that fans of older, pump shotguns might not actually remember that they are fans of older, pump shotguns?

910ac87f8902407eeb983a250315a00f.jpeg.jpg

Add the requirements for steel shot to the reason older shotguns are declining in popularity. Most are chambered for 2-3/4" shells, and with steel shot, 3" is needed to get the performance needed from the less-dense shot.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top