JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1x48 twist is a so called "comprise twist" that works well with both round ball and lead conicals.
I say so called....'cause I have seen and I own antique round ball rifles with a 1x48 twist...rifles that were made well before lead conicals were in popular use.

Either caliber will work well with conicals and that twist.
Andy

1x48 twist is a so called "comprise twist" that works well with both round ball and lead conicals.
I say so called....'cause I have seen and I own antique round ball rifles with a 1x48 twist...rifles that were made well before lead conicals were in popular use.

Andy
I found some you tube videos on stock TC Renegade stock 1 in 48 barrels and he was getting some impressive groups

Andy
I was thinking about getting one in 50 or 54cal and shoot big lead conicals have any of you guys done this and what worked best for you thanks

As I said...either .50 or .54 will work well with round ball or conical with the 1x48 twist.
I have seen some and done some impressive shooting with the T/C Renegade and so called Hawken rifle.....
While not historical at all in looks or lock construction...the T/C Renegade and so called Hawken rifle do shoot very nicely....
And make for excellent hunting rifles.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews