JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, Great Stories! I just remembered being out at a place called Santosh slough about 30 years ago to go fishing with a friend and their Dad. As we rounded a corner there were about 20 paper wrapped packages, when we opened one up, it was filled with beaver parts. I am not sure what kind of weird wacko would chop up a bunch of animals, wrap them up in freezer paper and dump them, but it wasn't going to be me to find out. we left and called the ODFW to let them figure it out.

Just because the package was marked "TRIM" doesn't mean it was beaver.:p

Early last summer a co worker was checking out camping areas in an area adjacent to a OHV riding area not far from home (Bend) and close to Mt. Bachelor (Edison Butte OHV area) for those of you who may be familiar with the area. Anyway they stopped at a turnout on a road and it was just getting dark when they heard a wailing/moaning sound from the woods. It stopped and they waited and my friend said he was a little freaked out by this and he laid on his Jeep horn for a few blasts and 'whatever' was out there answered with the same wailing/moaning sound. This is one of the few times I was not with them but if they said they heard something out of the ordinary I believed them. This is a group of people very experienced in hunting/outdoors and are not easily unnerved by the normal sounds of wildlife in the woods.

Re: Moaning/wailing in the woods

That's one of those that I'd be scared as heck to check
it out but I'd regret it the rest of my life if I didn't.

The Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park areas (east of Fresno, in the Sierra Nevada's) were my back yard growing up. In and around the Big Meadows area specifically, my extended family would cut firewood during the summers, as kid, spent a lot of summers roaming those areas. One on roaming trek, found an old style toilet, set up between some boulders. On a cool factor, one trip I discovered and followed an old fume run, that went between Hume Lake and Sanger. There is a place called 7 Mile camp, it used to be a logging camp for the redwoods. The last time I was there, about 8 buildings were standing(some in questionable condition) but had all sorts of neat stuff in them.
During one family hiking trip, we were followed by a bear. Never saw the thing, but we were down wind and it smelled something fierce. It followed us for about 7 miles, once we crested a ridge and dropped into another valley, it did not continue.(no strange screams or loud wailing, just a awful smell.)
On a fishing trip to Pine Flat Lake, I usually spent more time picking up aluminum cans and fishing tackle that was caught in tress and rocks. As I was searching the shoreline, came across a couple in the passionate throws of love making. Their reaction to me was sorta funny. Anyway, not really being interested in them, I continued around the lake. I got to a certain point, started back, with a pretty good load of cans and tackle, but no fish. I came back to the love birds area, but they had vacated but left all their trash. Spying a large paper bag, I picked it up and it felt like it had dirt in it. I proceeded to open the bag and promptly came face to face with a 14 inch rattle snake. I screamed, threw the bag up in the air, and ran, straight into the water. For some reason, my dad just could not stop laughing. To this day, I don't know if the people left because my family showed up or if they discovered the snake. After that, when I went fishing, I focused more on the fishing then the tackle/cans. To this day, I am still a pretty crappy fisherman.

Well at least it took 7 pages to start the Sasquatch yammering.

Why is it so hard to believe there is a semi intelligent ape-like species that has eluded "official" detection so far. New species are discovered by the hundreds every year and an intelligent species could well evade detection. Some people believe they are the Nephthalim mentioned in Genesis, (demon/ape/man?) mutant-hybrids

Why is it so hard to believe there is a semi intelligent ape-like species that has eluded "official" detection so far. New species are discovered by the hundreds every year and an intelligent species could well evade detection. Some people believe they are the Nephthalim mentioned in Genesis, (demon/ape/man?) mutant-hybrids
For some of us, It is not hard to believe at all...

Well,new species are found every year in some location in the middle of the uncharted worlds,not in the northwest where there are lots of radar and sonar equipment,not to mention plenty of hikers?
Otherwise the finds are of a very small being. Not a 300+-pound mammal.Just too many hunters and outdoorsmen to have this thing hide so many years

When was the last time they had physical proof of a ...even a 200# mammal in a very populated part of the world?
They have found a couple tribes in Africa in the last decade.Maybe some primates,at around 45-50#.

Not a 2-300# animal.
Even in the deep sea they only find smaller beings.Nothing for decades of any real size.

The sasquatches would have been discovered and filmed or killed by now if they really existed.
And that's filmed by real camera men,not Cleadus and Billy Bob

I know! I know!! It's DB Cooper spending all that money he stole on costumes!

Yeah that's it.

As a teen we lived outside of Seaside Or.I was a woods runner back then,any way on a small hill not far from home I found a half of a cutlass the handle still had some wood on it.

I have always wondered about the story behind it .As you may know LEWIS & CLARK was in the area at one time.We donated the cutlass to the C of C they may still have it.

Well,new species are found every year in some location in the middle of the uncharted worlds,not in the northwest where there are lots of radar and sonar equipment,not to mention plenty of hikers?
Otherwise the finds are of a very small being. Not a 300+-pound mammal.Just too many hunters and outdoorsmen to have this thing hide so many years

When was the last time they had physical proof of a ...even a 200# mammal in a very populated part of the world?
They have found a couple tribes in Africa in the last decade.Maybe some primates,at around 45-50#.

Not a 2-300# animal.
Even in the deep sea they only find smaller beings.Nothing for decades of any real size.

The sasquatches would have been discovered and filmed or killed by now if they really existed.
And that's filmed by real camera men,not Cleadus and Billy Bob

I know! I know!! It's DB Cooper spending all that money he stole on costumes!

Yeah that's it.

Let's use the example of a man who has real woodcraft skills.. sometimes even a massive combined search cannot locate such a man who is on the run. Now add in wild animal cunning and natural wild behavior and it seems very believable to me. The indians have legends of such a creature, as well, and the PNW is more wild still than you are suggesting, lots of wilderness left where a few small groups of such creatures could be hiding.. and there have been sightings, supposedly, as well as a film of one that looks pretty real to me..

bigfoot patterson http://tiagopsc.altervista.org/ - YouTube

That was actually filmed in Washougal out behind the round up, she's obviously pissed after being turned away from ladies night, as are most of the local wimmens in that area.:s0112:

While I want to remain optimistic the quote above is also my contention. One would think in the last 100 years of somewhat 'modern' civilization something would surface that would lend credibility to the theory and I am not referring to 16mm film. A couple of years ago I watched a documentary where a member of the Patterson Expedition came forward and denounced the whole thing as fake including identifying the person who wore the suit and was filmed in the famous 'swinging arm' footage. This person would not speak to anyone but a hidden camera revealed him walking in front of his house and his gait and arm swing were a spot on match. He is very tall with long arms.

While I want to remain optimistic the quote above is also my contention. One would think in the last 100 years of somewhat 'modern' civilization something would surface that would lend credibility to the theory and I am not referring to 16mm film. A couple of years ago I watched a documentary where a member of the Patterson Expedition came forward and denounced the whole thing as fake including identifying the person who wore the suit and was filmed in the famous 'swinging arm' footage. This person would not speak to anyone but a hidden camera revealed him walking in front of his house and his gait and arm swing were a spot on match. He is very tall with long arms.

Merely an acquaintance who claimed he was part of the expedition. I don't see how that thing could be a mere suit.. especially the head and calves of the creature look very real and inhuman to me.. I am not a "100% believer" but I keep an open mind on the subject

Bigfoot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

# 1967: Roger Patterson and Robert Gimlin reported that on October 20 they had captured a purported Sasquatch on film at Bluff Creek, California. This came to be known as the Patterson-Gimlin film. Many years later, Bob Heironimus, an acquaintance of Patterson's, said that he had worn an ape costume for the making of the film.[11]

This is a link from the link.. something very much like Bigfoot DID exist in the past so why is it impossible some survived? Near 10 foot tall giant ape-creatures..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus_blacki

When we were younger, each summer the wife and I would leave the kids with their god-parents and take two horses, and go explore Washington wilderness areas for a week. Once we were camped at Keene's horse camp on Mt. Adams and riding along a remote section of the Pacific Crest trail on Mt. Adams (near the tree line), and saw what I believe to this day to be a full grown grey wolf standing on a rock 25 meters away just watching us. We got back to the camp and were sharing some cookies with a bunch of old codgers camped next door (also with horses) and I told them of our siting, figuring they wouldn't believe us. One of the old guys verbally lit into one of his buddies saying, "Dammit I told you that was a wolf we saw up there!" This was back in the early 90's, long before Washington had any recognized grey wolf population.

Another time we were riding back from Black Lake in the Pasayten Wilderness. We rounded a sharp corner in the trail and there sat 3 young women, with their packs off and buck naked from the waist up. They were surprised and just looked at us. We smiled and rode on.

Did the high country early deer hunt in the Glacier Peak Wilderness one year. We rode 12 miles from Cottonwood Campground on the Entiat River to meadows on Ice Creek. There were three of us on horses plus 4 horses that we packed in that were loaded with everything but a flush toilet. We got to our camp site, set up camp, hobbled the horses, and the packer I was with went off to explore. He came back beaming and carrying a toilet seat from a porcelain bathroom toilet that he had found lying in the brush. He found a remote spot away from camp, tacked two branches between two trees, and lashed the toilet seat to the trees. There was even a broken limb on the tree convenient for holding toilet paper. He was grinning from ear to ear when he got done. Never saw someone so proud of his handiwork. And with a week in the woods ahead of us we were all pretty pleased with his work too.

Ever since we've been looking for it with thermal imaging equipment, I am 99% sure it's not real. With this technology, there is virtually no hiding in the forest. Even if Bigfoot was avoiding humans, it couldn't possibly know about thermal technology. It would hide as if it were the 20th century. Hell, the 10th century. I think that it's universally accepted that this creature isn't sneaking into the library every year to grab the latest edition of the encyclopedia. I could be wrong. It takes serious know-how to hide from thermal.

For some of us, It is not hard to believe at all...
I hear some have even learned to use the internet...

Perhaps they could write a simple sentence without a grammatical error as well. Is that too much to ask?

Another time we were riding back from Black Lake in the Pasayten Wilderness. We rounded a sharp corner in the trail and there sat 3 young women, with their packs off and buck naked from the waist up. They were surprised and just looked at us. We smiled and rode on.

Am I missing something? They still had pants on, correct? I hike like that in the Summer time.

Ever since we've been looking for it with thermal imaging equipment, I am 99% sure it's not real. With this technology, there is virtually no hiding in the forest. Even if Bigfoot was avoiding humans, it couldn't possibly know about thermal technology. It would hide as if it were the 20th century. Hell, the 10th century. I think that it's universally accepted that this creature isn't sneaking into the library every year to grab the latest edition of the encyclopedia. I could be wrong. It takes serious know-how to hide from thermal.

Perhaps they could write a simple sentence without a grammatical error as well. Is that too much to ask?

Am I missing something? They still had pants on, correct? I hike like that in the Summer time.

I got news for you. Thermal can be defeated and avoided

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads