JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back in 1970 I was hiking up MT Whitney and down the trail came this lovely girl with 36 C's naked from the waist up and a terrible high altitude sunburn, bright red boobies. Even back then I knew she'd end-up w/skin cancer, but I was not thinking about it at that moment.
It was not the first time I saw em running free like that, dang hippy girls seemed driven to flaunt em at the drop of the hat.
And then there was that time I found a C-47 hanging from a tree,,,,

Referencing the found rifles and revolver... the original owner had passed.

But makes you wonder about the thief. He went through the risk of burglary, the trouble to hide them, and then never returned for them... makes you think/wonder what happened to him. Prison. Death. Who knows...

More recently scouting for elk near where I live my wife and I found an odd structure. There was a old generator hooked up to a winch in a tree. It was chained to a concrete "lid" covering something. We couldn't get it opened. Havn't been back yet??? Someone else said it may be covering a mine enterance. Don't know, not even sure who's property we were on. But I did mark it with my GPS.

That's my place, I have many friends who have visited. Would you like to be my friend? Muwahahahaha!

About 7 or 8 years ago, I went down to Eugene-Springfield area up to the hills east around McGowan creek area where my Dad would take me shooting when I was a boy. I had not been there for a decade living away at college and work.

I drove up towards one of the shooting areas that I could remember near the top of the mountain. I found my favorite spot (which is probably closed now, drat) and commenced having a good shooting time. It was a Friday and I was off work for the afternoon, so it was not very busy and don't recall seeing anyone else up there. When I got all finished, I packed up and starting driving back down the road.

Driving down, my eye caught some sort of suspicious vehicle on a spur road road. I stopped at the spur road and decided to check it out. The vehicle was down the road about 50 yards mostly out of view around a corner. I was alone and kind of started to get creeped out. I grabbed the best weapon I had on hand, my Rossi 92 .357 magnum lever gun (ok, not the best, but better than nothing) and walked down toward the vehicle.

When I got close in view, I saw what looked like an old (60s era) VW trashed van with all the doors open. I started to get real nervous wondering if the people who left it were still around and could double back on me. I don't know, but being alone just kind of freaked me out. Anyhow, I had seen enough and just had the creeps like someone was watching me and I high tailed it out of there. Nothing like the heevy jeevys!

I drove home with my little story.

In retrospect, I should have reported it to the Sheriff, but I am sure someone reported it and it eventually got towed.

Only vague memory here.
My GreatGrandparents lived in Brightwood about 3-4 houses North of the Post office. In 1969 while bumping around in the woods behind their property I came across a large rusty "barrel"
After showing Grandpa, the barrel turned out to be a dud Japanese fire bomb carried across the Pacific by balloon in WW2.

3 steam donkeys, rail road tressel in the middle of nowhere, intact hard rock mine with stamp mill waiting for the guys to get back from lunch. 5 Ford log trucks parked side by side, C cab style, still ready to go. Old hunting camp, more permenat then temp, used to camp there. Lots of old cabins, verious conditions. Interesting stuff out there in the woods. None of this stuff is close the any road.

Went out hunting on Saturday a few miles down an old logging road and found what appears to be remnants of a sasquatch feeding. Look closely at the logo on the package and you will agree.

20140830_074848.jpg

Wow what a great read. I only have one story as I was a weekend only hunter because of school, sports, or work.

But 10 years ago at the age of 14 I was on my first deer hunting trip with my Dad. We were hunting about 5 miles north of Detroit lake. A very exciting weekend for me as I had spooked 2 deer 30 seconds into opening morning, and spotted a nice 5x5 bull a few hours later. But as Sunday was winding down and we were packing up camp we had heard 2 atv's racing on the gravel road around us. Then nothing, which neither of us thought much of at the time for it was quite finally. But that didn't last long as on atv came screaming into camp with a panicked looking man asking for help. He couldn't find his riding partner, we didn't know it at the time but he was probably to high to find his nose on his face. So dad and I jumped in the truck and followed him to wear he last saw him. After a few turnarounds and close examination of the road we had found some skid marks that ran off the road and down a 30-40ft embankment. Apparently the 2 had been racing and went around a sharp corner when the outside rider took it to fast and slid off the road. I'll never forget my dad rushing down the embankment trying to bring life back into this poor man, who was I his early 20s. I remember the fire department showing up, his crying wife with a baby in her arms standing alongside that gravel road I disbelief . I left that mountain side with tears in my eyes. I think about that guy every hunting season. I haven't been back there since, until next week when I'll be elk hunting.

Over the last few weeks, I ran into a weird trail that was slightly bigger than a bear trail and started hiking down looking for elk. I stepped off the trail at one point and immediately ran into fishing hooks hanging from the trees. I cut the lines hanging from the trees immediately around me and did a little investigating. Someone had apparently buried loads of black hefty bags in the loam and then ran fishing line around them that disappeared into the underbrush. I did not check, but I imagine that there were booby traps set up in some capacity. I was somewhere in between Clatsop and Tillamook State Forest miles in, so not exactly sure the exact location.
When I checked back in a little later during a later hunt, the hooks and fishing lines were gone with no sign of the trash bags except for empty cavities in the ground. Not sure what to make of that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top