JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you ever find something like that again; hang on to it and let me know. It is one of the most useful solvents around and can be used in racing fuel as well.
I found 52 One Gallon containers of Toulene dumped off the road up in the hills above Medford. Some were leaking, most were partial or full. Like a good citizen, I haulled the stuff up and loaded the back of the truck thinking I could turn it in at the next Haz-Mat Collection Day. About halfway down the hill, it dawned on me that this could be part of a meth lab dump. Once home, I called the Sheriff who refered me to the BLM. The BLM was surprized when I told them I had it in the back of my truck. I brought it down the the Medford Office and I was greeted by a guy in a hazmat suit. He said it was definately from a Meth Lab. He said in the future, to make a note of the location and call it in.

If you ever find something like that again; hang on to it and let me know. It is one of the most useful solvents around and can be used in racing fuel as well.

Really? I'm pretty sure they don't use meth lab hazardous waste in race fuel.

I do know they use Toulene as a octane booster in race fuel though.......;)

I got one, but its not scary.

Goin hiking with some family down near Big Bear in Cali. They hiked this before many time. Had a cabin about 4 miles away. Im using his brothers old framed bag from the 70's. Got gear in there for an overnighter, so it wasnt all to light. Well half way up the strap on my right shoulder decides to snap. back flings over and swings me out. Im about 50 feet up by this time. got a good hold and was able to get the strap tied up with one hand. got it good enough to go back up and got into this great canyon. Had a little creek and trees. The wall where about 75 feet high on both sides and about 100 yards wide. So we are all hiking thru this and talking. Havin a good time. About 2 hours into this hike I noticed something on the southern ridge. Told them and we looked up, it was a cougar tracking and watching us. He stayed with us for about another 30 or so minutes while we hiked. Only thing we had was a machete and a hand crossbow on us. I had my machete and he had his crossbow. We could run but it would have been useless. Narrow corridor and he had the high ground. So we stayed calm and walk on forth. Well he left and we made camp after another couple of hours. Well that night was amazing. I was just in my bag out in the open and they where in a tent. I was laying there trying to fall asleep when the wind seemed to pick up. So laying on my back I saw something fly past. ANd then like a dam flood, a whole ton of bats came flying about 10 feet above my head. I swear there where a hundred or so bats that night. They where fast asleep at this point an I was just enthralled with what was goin on. Next morning come to find out, there is a cave at the end of the canyon. To say the least its on of my favorite hiking trips.

Forgot to mention that there was a toilet 10 feet away from the creek wedged between to fallen logs. :s0114:

I was out varmint hunting with a co worker from Kimber of Oregon in about 1988 in the China Hat region. We had just returned to the truck from a coyote "set" when we spotted a single engine prop plane flying very low and slow just up the road. All of a sudden it dropped 5 large black garbage bags out one at a time and then flew on! This was pre cell phones and we just turned the other direction and burned some road! Back at the store at Paulina Lake we were able to tell the Ranger what we had seen. Unfortunately we never heard if anything ever came of it. We camped and fished with our wives like good boys the rest of the trip.

Really enjoying this thread, especially the eerie parts! One more. Many years ago my wife and I went backpacking on an REI lake clean up. Cleaned up the lake, had a nice time but arriving at the bus at the trail head the very shaken driver told us that two young women had been murdered in their tent about 1/2 mile down the road. What I found was a really strong need to never leave home unarmed again! It really creeped us out!

Here is one I just remembered, my family and I were off to hike the trail to the top of Multnomah falls. It was a nice afternoon, and it was about the year 2000, my son was very young. Anyway we had just made it to the first bridge when we saw something floating in the pool, off to the right and forward of the falls that looked like a mannequin...unfortunately on the way back down we found out that it was an actual person, some lady from another state had taken her own life by jumping from the top of the falls.

:s0155:OK; I know it is a small point but, it is Toluene not "Toulene" and; What makes it "hazardous waste"? The conditions it is found in. Like a bag of fertilizer is "hazardous waste if it is dumped on the highway, but quite useful if left in your garden shed. ;)
Really? I'm pretty sure they don't use meth lab hazardous waste in race fuel.

I do know they use Toulene as a octane booster in race fuel though.......;)

If you are referring to the I-Fish forum that thread is probably now past 25 pages with some really interesting stories and pictures.
This is off Vandervert Road near where I live. The deerlegs wrap around the tree and are up to about 15 feet. Some of them have been there a long time up to nearly fresh. I suspect this is some sort of poachers 'calling card' as legs show up on the tree out of season.
deerleg1.jpg
No bear in this area!

I was out varmint hunting with a co worker from Kimber of Oregon in about 1988 in the China Hat region. We had just returned to the truck from a coyote "set" when we spotted a single engine prop plane flying very low and slow just up the road. All of a sudden it dropped 5 large black garbage bags out one at a time and then flew on! This was pre cell phones and we just turned the other direction and burned some road! Back at the store at Paulina Lake we were able to tell the Ranger what we had seen. Unfortunately we never heard if anything ever came of it. We camped and fished with our wives like good boys the rest of the trip.

Haven't you ever heard the song "Bails of Cocaine" by the Reverend Horton Heat?!?

Not something I found, but something I heard a few years back that freaked me out. Couple of winters ago, few friends and I were camping at the end of a trail in Dewatto. Wasn't really an established camping area, but it's deep enough into the woods where no one bothers you. At about 2:30 in the morning, we heard a car pull up and we could see it's headlights lighting up the night fog. It stopped for about a 30 seconds, then we hear two consecutive gun shots. A moment later, it drove off. We were on high alert all night. Nothing was making sense. We thought that if it was someone spolighting deer, atleast they'd be there for a few minutes to load the animal or field dress it. The only other explanation it could've been is someone putting their dog down, but then again why would you drive into a dirt trail in the middle of nowhere to put your dog down, when there's other spots that are safe to shoot at, at the bottom of the hill? Never did find out what the ruckus was all about. Glad we had our guns though.

Last winter while fishing with my nephew on the Trask, we found a perfectly intact door to a late 80's/early 90's Honda Civic. Glass was fine, window roller was fine. Hinges looked fine. Door panel wasn't busted up. It was just sitting beneath a tree at the bottom of a steep bank about 30' from the river's edge. No sign of the rest of the car.

another fisherman probably carried it down there so they could roll down the window if it got to hot..

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top