JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good information. Too bad we have to prepare for events that are completely avoidable if government authorities were able or willing to take action against violent criminals embedded in protest demonstrations. Those who peacefully engage in expressing their rights aren't the threat. Those who take advantage of the situation to engage in violence should be dealt with by applying judicious use of force by the responsible authorities followed by prosecution and incarceration. Unfortunately, most of the issues we have seen so far, and will see again, are the direct result of governing authorities refusing to exercise this option.

Let me get this straight.

If you stay home.....it's because you're a coward/not willing to fight for a "just cause".

If you go.....it's because you are "community minded and care/you're a hero".

If you stay at home....it's because you're smart and not looking for trouble.

If you go.....it's because F the cops/they can't tell me what to do. No justice, no peace. Burn, loot, assault, etc.....it's defined as PEACEFUL PROTEST.

If you stay at home.....it's because the news coverage will cover it anyway. Yeah.....it will be "fair unbiased coverage" of the events.

If you go.....it's because you're looking to pick up a few items (maybe for free).

If you stay home....it's because it's not worth it, the corruption will continue no matter what.

If you go.....you're the aggressor. You're NOT allowed to defend yourself from the angry mob should they attack you.

Rrrright......because the POLICE and POLITICIANS have this all under control.

What_could_go_wrong.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Let me get this straight.

If you stay home.....it's because you're a coward/not willing to fight for a "just cause".

If you go.....it's because you are "community minded and care/you're a hero".

If you stay at home....it's because you're smart and not looking for trouble.

If you go.....it's because F the cops/they can't tell me what to do. No justice, no peace. Burn, loot, assault, etc.....it's defined as PEACEFUL PROTEST.

If you stay at home.....it's because the news coverage will cover it anyway. Yeah.....it will be "fair unbiased coverage" of the events.

If you go.....it's because you're looking to pick up a few items (maybe for free).

If you stay home....it's because it's not worth it, the corruption will continue no matter what.

If you go.....you're the aggressor. You're NOT allowed to defend yourself from the angry mob should they attack you.

Rrrright......because the POLICE and POLITICIANS have this all under control.

View attachment 1072887

Aloha, Mark
I suspect most will do what they are programed to do. Here is a 28 minute video that explains programming that isn't for everyone but we'll worth watching.

Folks have posted his videos before on this site and if you watched them you will recognize this right away.

Awwww.....Come On Man.
The gatherings and marches of the "Peaceful Protesters" were allowed to continue even past the curfew deadlines. Despite the rioting, burning. looting, destruction of property and violent attacks on the innocent by the Trumpsters.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

What if I'm out of cheezewiz?
Good point, @Certaindeaf . most of us are used to replenishing much on a refill regularly basis. When covid hit I had good stockpiles if nearly everything I use by virtue of having grown it or bought in bulk. The one exception was rubbing alcohol. But friends who called to check up on me had enough to share.

Even if we have serious stockpiles, they are not usually of everything. My AF dad taught his three children to stockpile basics. My older sister, much less of a true believer than my brother and I, nevertheless sockpiled a lot. Especially water and food that could be prepared without electricity. Extra warm clothes and blankets in case electricity went out, etc. She felt sheepish about it but did it. Then about a decade ago her region in New Hampshire suffered a fierce storm with rain over filling many rivers. The main river that went through the middle of her town overflowed its banks, cutting off access through most roads and to most shopping areas. Everyone else was trying to get to stores to buy food, batteries, etc. My sister thought she could probably reach stores by a round about route, but there were trees and powerlines down too. She simply stayed home and opened up her emergency stash. And called a friend, whom she thought would likely be unable to get from work to her own home at all, and invited friend to come stay with her. After that she never felt sheepish about her stockpiles again.

My first few years on my own was at University of Florida. My first year as a "Gator" we had a huricane. Nothing new. I had experienced them before. As long as you aren't on low ground, are in a solid structure, and have a stockpile of food, water, flashlights, and batteries, all is well. And don't do anything dumb like trying to go out and wander around in the eye. Or treat the winds with impunity. Yes, you might be able to hang onto a tree or lamppost and keep from getting blown away. But it isn't just that the wind is blowing. Its what its blowing, including everything from lawn chairs to downed branches and trees to roofs to cars. Its way safer to stay off roads before storm as people jam the roads going to buy supplies. Its best to not try to drive anywhere after, as the roads are full of debris, and downed powerlines. Its fascinating to walk around a little after the storm, keeping eyes open for downed powerlines and unhappy displaced alligators. And cotton mouths and other poisonous snakes.

My most recent uses of my stash, in Corvallis, range from a couple days the city worked on the water pipes in my neighborhood without warning and the water was rusty and unpalatable for a couple of days to periods here outside town in which power failures lasted a day or two, or floods cut access from our area to town for a few days. Nothing like a nuclear war or a mega9 earthquake. But the right stash should be designed to help you get through disasters of all sizes, from minor to major. So think in terms of enjoying the minor disasters. Do what us Gators did. When a hurricane was predicted, we had hurricane parties. The dorms were very solid and hurricane proof. A couple of three days without classes could be an entertaining break in the routine. So you made sure you had a good stash of water, beer, wine, chips and anything else essential. And you invite friends, who would also bring supplies.

If Cheese Whiz is something you would want so badly you would be tempted to chance a storm or riot to replenishing your supply, stockpile it so you can stay home. When we're talking about a home stockpile, minor disasters are lots more likely than major ones. I figure the object is to enjoy the release from routine, not just survive it. So my stash includes lots of cheese (turned over), crackers, fancy canned oysters, good wine, etc. and an electric lantern that lights up an entire room to reading level light, with enough batteries to tuck myself in bed and read for a month. With no electricity I can't do any "work". I'm forced to just loll in bed and read. Oh, woe is me. Hee hee hee. :p

Last Edited:
I feel safe here on the mountain. I go into town infrequently to get milk or ammo from someone here, or go to the chiro to get my spine crackled (the LMT does a better job) or do something for the kids, but I don't need to go into town more than once every 3-4 weeks, so I am somewhat confident I could be ok without exposing myself to idiots rioting in downtown Portland.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top