JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry if you had a bad experience but the only time I did was when I filled out the initial form incorrectly. Was my own fault. Once they have your info for the ATF form, its filled out correctly every time. My experience only
It wasn't a bad experience by any stretch, just not expected.

Wait times as of this morning....

Screenshot_20240429-094917_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't get their (ATF) approach to trusts. Single shot trusts I can see them having to investigate. But someone who uses a full fledged trust where the principles never change must wait just as long as a single shot type. Its not like they actually read the trust itself.

Must be a "We do it this way because we've always done it this way!"

I don't get their (ATF) approach to trusts. Single shot trusts I can see them having to investigate. But someone who uses a full fledged trust where the principles never change must wait just as long as a single shot type. Its not like they actually read the trust itself.

According to American suppressor association, who are the one responsible for our current glory days of fast processing, expedited process for individuals is set up but not set up for trusts yet.

Read about it here fyi:

Last Edited:
According to American suppressor association, who are the one responsible for our current glory days of fast processing, expedited process for individuals is set up but not set up for trusts yet.

Read about it here fyi:

Thatnks for sending this link. Its actually informative and readable.

I've dealt with Silencer Shop and I've had a pretty good experience. I've also dealt with Silencer Central and have had a pretty good experience there too. They are pretty similar, and I'm not sure which is better.

The 2 major differences between the shops were: (both were e form trust submissions)
It took Silencer Shop 18 days from starting the process to ATF submission, but Silencer Central took only 6 days.
When I received the approval notice from the ATF, Silencer Shop let me know 4 months later. Thankfully e forms notifies the buyer upon approval, so I was able to go down to the LGS, do the 4473 and go home with the can. Silencer Central being pretty much all online, sent an email with link to do the 4473 online, only seconds after the ATF approval notice. The latter happened yesterday, so I filled out a digital 4473 and now I'm waiting to digitally sign the 4473 (supposedly 1 or 2 days later). After approval they will send a certified letter to local LEO that they are going to ship a suppressor to me. Then after they receive the notice that the letter was delivered, they will wait a week before shipping the can to my front door.

I like the speed in submission of Silencer Central, but I also like that going through Silencer Shop, I'm able to go down to the LGS and have the can in hand the day of/day after approval.
So, it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Ray

I've dealt with Silencer Shop and I've had a pretty good experience. I've also dealt with Silencer Central and have had a pretty good experience there too. They are pretty similar, and I'm not sure which is better.

The 2 major differences between the shops were: (both were e form trust submissions)
It took Silencer Shop 18 days from starting the process to ATF submission, but Silencer Central took only 6 days.
When I received the approval notice from the ATF, Silencer Shop let me know 4 months later. Thankfully e forms notifies the buyer upon approval, so I was able to go down to the LGS, do the 4473 and go home with the can. Silencer Central being pretty much all online, sent an email with link to do the 4473 online, only seconds after the ATF approval notice. The latter happened yesterday, so I filled out a digital 4473 and now I'm waiting to digitally sign the 4473 (supposedly 1 or 2 days later). After approval they will send a certified letter to local LEO that they are going to ship a suppressor to me. Then after they receive the notice that the letter was delivered, they will wait a week before shipping the can to my front door.

I like the speed in submission of Silencer Central, but I also like that going through Silencer Shop, I'm able to go down to the LGS and have the can in hand the day of/day after approval.
So, it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Ray
I've never liked the idea of having a silencer shipped to my door. I'm very sure YOUR signature, not just "a" signature would be required but still... Stupidity happens and I wouldn't want something like that sitting on my porch or being handed to nosy neighbor/, roommate

I've never liked the idea of having a silencer shipped to my door. I'm very sure YOUR signature, not just "a" signature would be required but still... Stupidity happens and I wouldn't want something like that sitting on my porch or being handed to nosy neighbor/, roommate
With ups you can just change to pickup up at their location if you want.

I feel exactly the same way- my problem right now is that there are very few suppressors in stock at Silencer Shop, and a couple of the ones I want are at the "ship to door" sites- so now researching setting up an appointment to get my electronic fingerprint EBT file set up . . . ;-)

I feel exactly the same way- my problem right now is that there are very few suppressors in stock at Silencer Shop, and a couple of the ones I want are at the "ship to door" sites- so now researching setting up an appointment to get my electronic fingerprint EBT file set up . . . ;-)
Fwiw if you find a ups store that has a scanner here are some notes posted in another thread. I used the store a near clackamas town center.

-------

For those interested in getting electronic prints from ups store here are some notes fyi. Not sure if I will use them or not, may just use for a suppressor.

1. Go to printscan.com to fill out info and pay $65. I selected "atf" for the category it asks for fwiw. You can do this in parking lot on phone if desired. I think there are other companies you can sign up to do it but this was the one they recommended in the store fwiw.
2. Select the ups store and appointment date and totally ignore appointment date and time as it is 100% meaningless.
3. Go to store and use QR code printscan sent on email. They will log u in. You need 2 forms of id, driver's license and car registration are acceptable but CHL is not on their list. Scanner is pretty finicky you have to be patient. You can go back and re roll if you don't like a result.
4. After you select finish they will send you an email saying info was sent to atf. Totally ignore that cuz it's just some bs email to confirm that printscan got your prints. It does not mean prints were sent to ATF because they were not.
5. Next email is payment receipt
6. Next email is link for the eft file. Takes about 5 minutes to get this email
7. When you get home you can download the Eft file on computer using the email link they sent. Don't try to do it on phone it won't let you. The link is only good for 24 hours.

Basically you have to be prepared to go through some confirmation stuff like enter verification code they sent you, and deal with finicky scanner, and decide if the $ is worth it to you or not vs other methods. That's how I look at it anyway. The file for the digital fingerprints can be used unlimited times and never expire.

Last Edited:
Huh, never thought to do that- have you done this before and what does it take to set up?
Takes about 5 seconds. When it's shipped you just go to tracking info and click on change delivery. If you sign up for free ups my choice you can also sign ahead of time and have them leave at your door. Definitely not recommended in this case but my choice does give you flexibility and they show you a little map where the ups truck is which is kinda handy and the time window for expected delivery. I find the map most helpful personally so the my choice is worth signing up for just for that imo (it's free).

Last Edited:
According to their site ....
Do you require a signature upon delivery?

Silencer Central orders are shipped from each of our licensed locations throughout the United States. An adult signature is required
at the time of delivery.
I'm not too worried, as the wife and/or I will be there for delivery.

Ray

According to their site ....

I'm not too worried, as the wife and/or I will be there for delivery.

Ray
That's part of the concern, though. I wouldn't want anyone but myself signing for something like that

My Silencer Shop experience was flawless. Was I lucky? Probably not cause I've never hit Powerball…

When the ATF did the "free" tax stamp for braces AR pistols, I processed through Silencer Shop because they already had all my information. Also a flawless and simple process.

I guess others have different experiences.

My Silencer Shop experience was flawless. Was I lucky? Probably not cause I've never hit Powerball…

When the ATF did the "free" tax stamp for braces AR pistols, I processed through Silencer Shop because they already had all my information. Also a flawless and simple process.
Similar experiences.

Recommend.

Actually, do a 180 on your thinking and you'll be where reality is.
Single Shot trusts are a known thing. And have been around since the start of eforms. Other than the name of the applicant/trustee/beneficiary, they don't change, can't be modified, and other than state differences, they are the same every time. Easy to rubber stamp.
All the other trusts are a mess. So many variations depending on who drafted it or modified it. Anyone can create one, so the quality and completeness vary greatly. Some are 2 pages long with just the bare basics, some are many pages long with far more details. Frequently, many don't bother to check if it's even legal on the state they reside.
I've been told the ATF has a checklist by state, and they have to go thru each trust to see of it meets the legal requirements of the state.

I'm in the same boat though, still waiting on a trust submission going on 90+ days.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top