JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

I'm putting down a 9-stage, 1-day major USPSA match at TCGC on 8/20/2022. It's an Optics Championship. Sample stage design attached.

Because this is my first year it's half price and it's technically a Level 1 Match which means you don't have to be a USPSA member to shoot it. That said, your gear must comply with one of the (3) divisions: Open, Carry Optics and PCC, follow USPSA rules, and of course, follow club rules. We will be giving away prizes from SIG, have some really great awards/trophies by R & R - laser engraved at SIG. We'll also have professional photography so you can get a cool shot of yourself to show your Mom! We'll have water in coolers. Shade provided. I'm basically trying to run a Level 2 to prepare for next year's match, but it's officially a Level 1. Registration link is below...

If you have any questions, please email me at SIG direct so I can respond quicker (jack.lapham@sigsauer). Especially if it concerns The Club or USPSA rules. For example, if you have shot matches, maybe not so much USPSA - but you want to know if your gear will fit a division. I can help get you squared away.

Thanks,
-Jack

PXL_20220328_060955204.jpg

These are such great matches for anybody who wants to try something more than a local match a lot of hard work and time goes into creating these and they are super fun and a great way to meet skilled competitors.
Highly recommended.

These are such great matches for anybody who wants to try something more than a local match a lot of hard work and time goes into creating these and they are super fun and a great way to meet skilled competitors.
Highly recommended.
Really appreciate that feedback! They are a lot of work, but some of us [like me] are wired wrong and actually enjoy the designing/running side of it so far. This match will be a good challenge. Activating, moving targets. Plenty of hard cover and no-shoots. I'm sure we'll have hosing too for those that just like to go fast!

Well, I was thinking about signing up for this match back when evoDiesel posted this thread, but was sure I will be severely out skilled, so I put it off. I did not want to take up space where I did not belong. I see there are still 8 openings, so I think I will give it a try. I mostly do practicle rifle, 2-gun and IDPA, but have done a few USPSA matches in years past, so we will see how it goes. The last USPSA match I went to I kept getting told "It's not IDPA" because of the way I timed my reloads, so I know I have that to work on over the next few weeks. You will know me because I'll be the old slow guy at the bottom of the scoring!

@evolDiesel Practiscore lists the match as: Match starts: Friday, August 19, 2022 @ 8:00 AM Match ends: Saturday, August 20, 2022 @ 5:00 PM
But the description says "1-day, 8-stage, USPSA Level-1 held on August 20th"

Is this a two day match?

Sorry I was looking on Practiscore for how to reach the match director, but I don't see an email address.

@evolDiesel Practiscore lists the match as: Match starts: Friday, August 19, 2022 @ 8:00 AM Match ends: Saturday, August 20, 2022 @ 5:00 PM
But the description says "1-day, 8-stage, USPSA Level-1 held on August 20th"

Is this a two day match?

Sorry I was looking on Practiscore for how to reach the match director, but I don't see an email address.
The main match is on Aug 20. Staff may shoot on Aug 19.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews